Delisted Jack Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely gutted Jack is on the move ... had the pleasure to work closely with him a few years ago on MFC membership drives. He went out of his way on a weekly basis to support us when the MFC was at one of its lowest points.

Will be sadly missed, but Im sure he will be a Demon for life. Go Dees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The theory isn't any more stupid than what actually transpired at the MFC in that timeframe.

The theory is just wrong ... the players made the best choice/s of what they had at the time. Club was under severe pressure both financially and politically ... lets say this as nicely as one can.

The natives were out for blood, the "cheap seats where rat-a-ling", the haters are always going to hate, "the pessimists" had no idea how to sell hope ... all fuelled by an AFL media & Social media who had some "old scores" to settle.

In AFL football ... ultimately the scoreboard writes your history and the best way to influence the scoreboard is invest huge, massive sums of money.

"Blind Freddy" could see we needed help and the only salvation would be to get AD and hence the AFL's money on-side. A plan was hatched and the rest is history, we got AFL money, support and the AFL media / social media was put into perspective for exactly what it was ... "ignorant noise." The optimists took control and started on the path of selling "the glass is always half full.

Sadly, it cost a few players their careers ... forced to deal with issues they never should have had too ...

Last edited:
He's not slow at all.
Not slow in the legs, but I reckon he's slow to make decisions, which is partly why his disposal is often iffy. If he released the kick/handball half a second earlier it would release a teammate into space. Instead, it's half a second too slow and his teammate is instead parked under a hospital ball and gets smashed by an opponent as it arrives.

If the club has delisted him, why is he a restricted free agent?

If the club has delisted him, why is he a restricted free agent?
RFA period comes before DFA
He's technically still a RFA, just that Melbourne have made it clear he's not getting a new contract
If a club wants him they'll get him during the RFA period for chips and Melbourne won't match, he moves to that club prior to when he would as a DFA

RFA period comes before DFA
He's technically still a RFA, just that Melbourne have made it clear he's not getting a new contract
If a club wants him they'll get him during the RFA period for chips and Melbourne won't match, he moves to that club prior to when he would as a DFA

Cheers, that makes sense logically

Not procedurally tho

Cheers, that makes sense logically

Not procedurally tho
I think it comes back to that you're contracted to your current club until 31/10 thing. Basically you can't call him "unemployed" until he actually is.

I think it comes back to that you're contracted to your current club until 31/10 thing. Basically you can't call him "unemployed" until he actually is.

I just feel like unrestricted free agent would make more sense since they've publicly aired that he's got a pink slip.

And then delisted FA after 31/10

Last edited:
I just feel like unrestricted free agent would make more sense since they've publicly aired that he's got a pink slip.

And then delisted FA after 31/10
But he's not unrestricted.

I know what you're saying. :)

We could use him,
Mills could go into the midfield now that Mitchell might go
He's the kind of player that I could see Sydney taking, but why bother when you already have Laidler as back-up for the same role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back