Delisted Jack Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't have a problem with this but he's got the label of an ex captain. Should never have been the captain, with him gone we are a few players away from having no remains from the dark days of 2008-2014

Reckon he was looking like a multiple top 5 bnf Placer until he was moved into the midfield
Seemed to be the moment he realised that his decision making wasn't good at AFL level
The broken collar bone after he was run down and tackled really hurt him I think. He was a brave player and that didn't change but I think he lost the ability to really attack contests.

I don't think under Bailey he sorted his kicking nearly early enough, it's actually far better now but very slow and mechanical and should've been trained up when he was a young player. Then under Neeld he was wasted as a midfielder and didn't work on his decision making.

Shame to see a potentially very good player worn down physically and mentally and not trained up.

This sucks but probably right decision, I'm more mad about the Matt jones delisting tho. He was one of our better players in the first half of the year before his injury
He played a few good games, but one lay off with injury and he really couldn't keep up that form. He was dreadful in the VFL grand final.

He was never going to have the skills or physicality to stay in the team so I'm glad we cut the cord with him. It shouldn't be that hard to find a fit young outside midfielder who has potential to be a long term player and short term can offer most of what Jones can.

Was one of my favourite players when he was peaking. Always felt calm when he was near the ball in defence, even if he wasn't attacking in the mould of other half back flankers.

Unfortunately, that calmness has long gone.

I know this thread is about Grimes, but just a moment Theseventhhamster Proper Gander Striker475 you don't know how much I wanted to see the end of Matt Jones. Yes! Its finally happen. Goodbye Jonesy ; Alternate Of Champion Nathan

Hi Demons fans.

Seems a big fall from grace for a player that I seem to remember was actually one of your best in those really dark years.

Just wondering what's actually happened to him?

Are there ongoing injury issues or are there other factors that have impacted on his form?
Rodan one was of our best players in those years.
The club was a shambles.
I didn't ever rate him that highly personally so this comes as no surprise but what an unfair career of football he has had.
Poor bloke should've done an apprenticeship or something.
He still has nightmares involving Mark Neeld throwing him to the wolves.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving your all to the team and never complaining. Got delivered a s**t sandwich and ate it without fuss. Shouldered a massive load in the middle of the darkest period we've had and while it destroyed his confidence he still battled on. Still reckon he can give 100 good games in a Jetta role at another club if the fresh start helps. Trenners likely to go the same way next season. **** you Schwab, **** you Neeld, **** you footy gods.

Good luck young fella, find another place whether it be professional or a country club and get that smile back on that world worn face. Oh and eat a steak FFS. ******* vegans.
Great post.

Did it for me. That shouldn't be tolerated.
Veganism? I agree, I know a few vegans, they're the type that feel the need to try and educate you on why your proclivity for eating meat makes you a bad person ... it's this reason that I "know them" rather than they're "my friends"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Veganism? I agree, I know a few vegans, they're the type that feel the need to try and educate you on why your proclivity for eating meat makes you a bad person ... it's this reason that I "know them" rather than they're "my friends"
I truly don't mind what someone chooses to eat, or whether they go to some church, or generally anything they choose to do. It's the preaching that gets up my nose and if I can leave their choices up to them, why can't they do the same for me?

Blahgggh! Vegans...

I truly don't mind what someone chooses to eat, or whether they go to some church, or generally anything they choose to do. It's the preaching that gets up my nose and if I can leave their choices up to them, why can't they do the same for me?

Blahgggh! Vegans...
Well said. I'm the same, although I will judge a person for said choices, I'll keep it to myself, or playfully mock them for it 2-3 beers in

Just to confirm, Grimesy's a vegan? Always has been, or made a switch at some point? Or is this a joke which has gone completely over my head...

Thanks for giving your all to the team and never complaining. Got delivered a s**t sandwich and ate it without fuss. Shouldered a massive load in the middle of the darkest period we've had and while it destroyed his confidence he still battled on. Still reckon he can give 100 good games in a Jetta role at another club if the fresh start helps. Trenners likely to go the same way next season. **** you Schwab, **** you Neeld, **** you footy gods.

Good luck young fella, find another place whether it be professional or a country club and get that smile back on that world worn face. Oh and eat a steak FFS. ******* vegans.

Great post m8. :hearts:

* vegans :thumbsu:

I haven't had a steak for 20 years; my love for Grimes has grown exponentially.

I'm taking the rest of the day off work so I can write to the football club and tell them what an egregious mistake they have made in sacking our animal-friendly ex-captain/superstar.

I'll be back later, but in the meantime all of you meat-eating types should sit around and feel bad about yourselves.

Might be the best place for it. Are our players still doing the paleo diet?
More or less. I found that out when I went on the Tour thingy of AAMI - I think its a sort of largely paleo ish type thing. I also saw the ping pong table and found out it was donated by Clint Bartram which was nice.

More or less. I found that out when I went on the Tour thingy of AAMI - I think its a sort of largely paleo ish type thing. I also saw the ping pong table and found out it was donated by Clint Bartram which was nice.
When Bartram was on the MFC podcast a while back he just seemed like a top bloke. The exact sort of person who'd give you a ping pong table. But he'd do it properly with a tournament-grade net and paddles and a big jar of balls too.

Just to confirm, Grimesy's a vegan? Always has been, or made a switch at some point? Or is this a joke which has gone completely over my head...
Heard about it on here so it could be entirely made up. He does have that pale sad look though so it would fit. I'm going to assume like Peter Siddle it was the main reason why he dropped off.

Heard about it on here so it could be entirely made up. He does have that pale sad look though so it would fit. I'm going to assume like Peter Siddle it was the main reason why he dropped off.
Extended recovery time from his injuries, occasionally cries, not very good at his job... there's a fair bit of evidence really.

Hehehe just kidding Jack, you're welcome over to my place for some Chill Tofu any time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back