Recommitted Jack Gunston [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

He is gone.

Mitchell will want to develop his own list and move anything Clarkson.
Yeah nah.

Mitchell will make a call on specific players and their value to the list going forward. He’s not going to “move on anything related to Clarkson”.

3 time premiership player and reigning BnF for a VFL player. Yep.

Would be for their first pick. Or nothing.
Let’s just keep him, I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will get less than what Ben Brown went for last year, which was essentially a second round pick, if you are chasing picks.

Id take Lipinski in a heart beat.

You will get less than what Ben Brown went for last year, which was essentially a second round pick, if you are chasing picks.

Id take Lipinski in a heart beat.
He is contracted and we would like to keep him, Ben Brown is irrelevant.

If a club wants to lure him out they can give us something worth while, otherwise we will keep our very good player who is also an important leader.

If we want to trade for Lipinski we could get it done without losing Gunston

He is contracted and we would like to keep him, Ben Brown is irrelevant.

If a club wants to lure him out they can give us something worth while, otherwise we will keep our very good player who is also an important leader.

If we want to trade for Lipinski we could get it done without losing Gunston

But isnt the issue that its highly likely that Gunston wants out?

Not to my knowledge?

Everything i have seen has been hypothetical made up opinion pieces from the media, outside of one very very vague article suggesting clubs feel he is 'gettable'.

Not to my knowledge?

Everything i have seen has been hypothetical made up opinion pieces from the media, outside of one very very vague article suggesting clubs feel he is 'gettable'.

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I hope he stays and helps the next gen coming through

Lol hes also 7 years older than him.

No one is giving a first for a 30 year old who hasnt played this year
That's the point, he's worth a first to us because he's gonna come back and play great footy if he's fit. He's elite, top 3 coleman B&F and was robbed in the AA team too last year. We'll keep.

Not sure it’s highly likely. Lots of conjecture, but that’s no different to any of the last 5 years regarding Gunston & Breust.

To rebuild properly you need to keep some class around the club to teach the pups otherwise you end up in the hell that Mel went through when they culled every senior player. Gunston is a keeper unless he wants to go. I hope we don't take unders for him but I fear we may as we are pretty poor at driving a hard deal.

How many 30+ year olds come back to play good football after missing >12 months with an injury

Anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back