Jack Gunston or Justin Westhoff

Jack Gunston or Justin Westhoff

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's this bloke from Geelong called Harry Taylor. Then another couple of blokes from Essendon named Jake Carlisle and Michael Hurley.. All would be better swingmen thatn Westhoff
Thats great but they need to show it on the field first.
Gunston plays 3rd tall when needed. When he plays as the second KPF at Hawthorn he averages 3.4 goals/game. Westhoff has yet to play 2 good seasons in a row, unlike Gunston, despite being 5 years older. Come back to me when he backs it up like Gunston has
Age is irrelevant because players peak at different times. Westhoff being 200cm tall and mobile will probably peak in the next 3-4 years whereas Gunston who is smallish, hasn't got any special athletic attributes and is just a smart lead is probably playing his best football now while Roughhead is in god mode/drawing defenders away.

Age is irrelevant because players peak at different times. Westhoff being 200cm tall and mobile will probably peak in the next 3-4 years whereas Gunston who is smallish, hasn't got any special athletic attributes and is just a smart lead is probably playing his best football now while Roughhead is in god mode/drawing defenders away.

Have you watched any of those sides at all this season? Each have won their Top 4 sides games when moving into defence in Hurley's case or attack in Carlisle or Taylor's case. On a consistent basis. All three are better swingmen than Westhoff.

No, it isn't really. Gunston is a good 2-3 years away from his peak by most observers, and is already performing at a consistently high level. Gunston is hardly small, he's 193cm, and has very good speed for a man at that height. And last season Roughead was hardly in "god mode" when Gunston ripped it up as the second KPF, kicking 19 goals in 6 games.

Haha age isn't relevant my arse. If you had to pick between a 21 year old Jack Gunston or a 27 year old Justin Westhoff. Who would you pick? If you say Westhoff your kidding yourself.

Not even a contest haha

he had a great finals series and looks to continue to improve in 2014.

The only question mark will be how he performs as the second tall rather than as the third tall. I would suggest he will rise to the occasion.

lets see how he goes next year when he has to play on actual defenders.. :rolleyes:
We will see. And I am confident that he will do extremely well. Only 22 we must remember. Potential star if not already one.

BTW mate don't think that this Lance Franklin controversy is over yet. A lot left to play out. Trust me

he had a great finals series and looks to continue to improve in 2014.

The only question mark will be how he performs as the second tall rather than as the third tall. I would suggest he will rise to the occasion.
Completely agree :thumbsu:.

Justin Westhoff isn't a bad player himself either ;)

We will see. And I am confident that he will do extremely well. Only 22 we must remember. Potential star if not already one.

BTW mate don't think that this Lance Franklin controversy is over yet. A lot left to play out. Trust me

yeh Jack should continue to improve tbh...

haha surely he cant return back to hawthorn can he???

yeh Jack should continue to improve tbh...

haha surely he cant return back to hawthorn can he???
No he won't be at Hawthorn :( I'm 90% sure that he will be at Sydney, he just won't get there the way everyone is thinking. A lot to play out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference is Jack is 21 and Westhoff is 27(?)

Jack has so much improvement in him. Has a brilliant footy brain, is a dead-eye and has great speed off the mark.

Will strive next year.

Had to vote Gunston after his stellar finals series

Westhoff not far behind, clever talented player

Every time Buddy has missed a game Jack has stepped up.
Give him a chance and he'll more often than not take it.

Gunston in games Franklin missed.

16 WBD - 13 disposals 9 marks 4.1
17 COLL - 21 disposals 4 marks 3.1
18 ESS - 18 disposals 5 marks 3.3
19 GEEL - 14 disposals 4 marks 4.0
20 PORT - 14 disposals 4 marks 1.1
21 GCS - 17 disposals 9 marks 4.1

16 PORT - 14 disposals 8 marks 5.1
17 WBD - 19 disposals 9 marks 0.3
20 STK - 12 disposals 4 marks 2.0 (subbed off)
QF SYD - 16 disposals 10 marks 3.1

I think the only reason I visit the polls thread is to see threads like this. Westhoff is handy though.

Back