Jack Gunston or Justin Westhoff

Jack Gunston or Justin Westhoff

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3.5 goals per game (your claim) and 2.1 goals per game (his actual output) is "nothing like" it. Works out to be a difference of 30 goals across a 22 game season.

I was going off the top of my head. What i was saying was his output was actually very good (especially for a first year player) before he dropped off.

Pushing up to the wing is vastly different to playing everywhere

Gunston is currently predominantly a stay at home forward, which is pretty clearly where he belongs. Westhoff is very much a genuine Utility.

It is really hard to take any of your opinions seriously when comparing these 2 players when you have no idea of the role Gunston plays. Gunston is not a utility as much as Westhoff is, however he is still very capable of pushing up the ground and playing a role. Often this season when Franklin and Rough was in the side he played a typical HFF type role pushing up the wings. When Franklin was gone Gunston played better football with often the oppositions 2nd defender.

One aspect which Westhoff has easily is the ability to effect games. Westhoff has the ability to physically stamp his authority of a game. Gunston because of his current size does not do that to the same extent. Having said that Westhoff can get lost in games much more frequently then Gunston.

Start of the year Westhoff was the better easily. Now Gunston easily. His second half of the year was fantastic.

Strange because he was dominating in 2007, his debut year. Kicked something like 35 goals in 10 games.

He doesn't. Teams would be mad to put their main defender on a guy who spends most of his time away from the forward line.

I would say good. Which is nothing like dominating...dominating is like winning the coleman.

It is really hard to take any of your opinions seriously when comparing these 2 players when you have no idea of the role Gunston plays. Gunston is not a utility as much as Westhoff is, however he is still very capable of pushing up the ground and playing a role. Often this season when Franklin and Rough was in the side he played a typical HFF type role pushing up the wings. When Franklin was gone Gunston played better football with often the oppositions 2nd defender.

One aspect which Westhoff has easily is the ability to effect games. Westhoff has the ability to physically stamp his authority of a game. Gunston because of his current size does not do that to the same extent. Having said that Westhoff can get lost in games much more frequently then Gunston.

Start of the year Westhoff was the better easily. Now Gunston easily. His second half of the year was fantastic.

so wheres the part where you disagree with my opinion? Every forward in the comp "pushes up the ground and plays a role"

Holy s**t, I voted Westhoff.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back