Traded Jack Gunston [Traded to Brisbane for #48 and F4]

Saintscomemarchingin

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good mentor, for Max King, e.g. running patterns, kicking. Membrey could move to the backline.

Duskfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Gunston was very interested in joining the Lions last year but they had no money available to attract players on big money this year seems more likely but does he want to leave Victoria this off season

Do Lions need him? Seems like a weird fit.

Lions need another great two way running midfielder and probably a tall defender. Their issues aren't their forward line.

Do Lions need him? Seems like a weird fit.

Lions need another great two way running midfielder and probably a tall defender. Their issues aren't their forward line.
They’re about to add the best kid in the land, and the kid Fletcher.

Losing McStay means they need another forward.

Gunston was very interested in joining the Lions last year but they had no money available to attract players on big money this year seems more likely but does he want to leave Victoria this off season
Can’t recall where I read it in the media but think it was mentioned his preference is to stay in Vic

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Can’t recall where I read it in the media but think it was mentioned his preference is to stay in Vic

He wants to go to a flag comtender as well.
Carlton probably could afford him (just) in the SC, not sure if we will go down that road though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does a Breust and stays on at Hawthorn.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does a Breust and stays on at Hawthorn.
Less likely than Bruest to stay whos quite settled.
Gunston was close to heading to Lions last year, and has had a pretty rough 2022 where he’s split from his partner and lost his dad.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Less likely than Bruest to stay whos quiet settled.
Gunston was close to heading to Lions last year, and has had a pretty rough 2022 where he’s split from his partner and lost his dad.

Yeah can't blame him if he wants a fresh start elsewhere (interstate) under those circumstances.

I assume Hawks won't get any compo because of Karl Amon ...

Yeah can't blame him if he wants a fresh start elsewhere (interstate) under those circumstances.

I assume Hawks won't get any compo because of Karl Amon ...
Hawks wouldn’t get any compo, but Lions won’t get any for McStay either, so it might be a trade of a later pick.

hawkmang

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
leaving GIF

I think he says “I’m leaving and going to Brisbane” in this scene right?

He's either going or is a strange bloke. His comments this afternoon made it sound like he was moving up North.

I think he says “I’m leaving and going to Brisbane” in this scene right?
Going by his presser today with Dunkley at the races, it appears he is Brisbane bound for a change of lifestyle after the death of his Dad.

old55

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Age reporting confirmed FA to Brisbane - that will dilute their McStay compensation and hurts their picks and points for Dunkley and the F/Ss

The Age reporting confirmed FA to Brisbane - that will dilute their McStay compensation and hurts their picks and points for Dunkley and the F/Ss
They might do one of the FA things as a trade or delist/walk to avoid that scenario.

Back