Traded Jack Gunston [Traded to Brisbane for #48 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Awkward Andy Samberg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Shame he had to go home to Victoria so many years ago.
Not really. I've enjoyed watching him immensely. Crucial part of 3 flags.

Good luck to him, hes a great fit for Brisbane

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Great move by the Lions.

McStay essentially for Gunston and a pick. Big upgrade for their forward line.

Does this mean though that McStay will be trade for by Collingwood? Brisbane won't want the compo diluted by Gunston, whilst if JDG leaves Collingwood, they also wouldn't want his compo diluted by McStay.

Great move by the Lions.

Does this mean though that McStay will be trade for by Collingwood? Brisbane won't want the compo diluted by Gunston, whilst if JDG leaves Collingwood, they also wouldn't want his compo diluted by McStay.
JDG signed.

Great move by the Lions.

Gunston will have the lowest value as he is 31 so would be traded for a later pick to stop the Brisbane compo being diluted. We won't push too hard on it as we would be getting no compo anyway as Gunston is more than covered by Amon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit flat, but what can i say, he wants another flag and must've been talking to Birch, Hodge etc.

Sad to see him go but wish him the best of luck.

If he stays injury free he will be a great get for Brisbane.

I mean, he's been in the AA squad 5 times (just overlooked most of the time simply cos he is "mid sized" - even when he finished 3rd in the Coleman and won the B&F). Good smarts, can play anywhere on the field and has 4 50+ goal seasons. Loves finals too - in fact, averages more goals in finals than Tom Hawkins, Jeremy Cameron, Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, etc. The only player in the league I can find who averages more goals in finals is Lance Franklin.

Honestly pretty sad about it, i get it and he gave us so much in his time at the club but it just hurts seeing so many of our club legends retire at other clubs.

Losing them always at the point where they will net us nothing in return just adds to the sting.

Wish him the best at the Lions, hope he can snag another flag.

Honestly pretty sad about it, i get it and he gave us so much in his time at the club but it just hurts seeing so many of our club legends retire at other clubs.

Losing them always at the point where they will net us nothing in return just adds to the sting.

Rebuilds are tough.
Carlton received nothing for Jarrod Waite when he went on to play 3 seasons at north.
Much more fun when you’re a “destination club”

884B1E87-BC76-425C-B722-7342192F761C.png

Why does he owe them? He was a key player in three flags, arguably without him they don't win 2013, or even make it past the preliminary final in 2014.
2013 Prelim against Geelong, then the GF probably should have won the Norm Smith

2014 was more about Roughead starring

We had Stokes, Kelly, Chapman, SJ, Hunt, Podsiadly, Byrnes, Varcoe all finish at second clubs. And tbh it's quite ok - it's just a post-script on a decorated career, they'll all be regarded as Geelong champions.

There are heaps of club champions who played out a final year or three at a different club. It doesn't really affect how they were seen in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back