Recommitted Jack Gunston [UFA 2022]

If they're pushing out Treloar.
Keen to see what they do with JDG too.
Pretty sure if Treloar leaves we’ll retain JDG and push him in to the midfield.

May 16, 2007
coffs
Other Teams
chess
Honestly how hard is it to understand?

I said it makes little sense to me, but there's also been strong mail floating around that we are actively chasing Gunston. What I believe doesn't represent what the club believes, it's a pretty simple concept.

In case you hadn't figured it out, I am not Bevo/Power

You still haven't explained Bevo's game plan so an assessment can be made as to why Gunston would not suit it. From an outsider's perspective I would have thought the foundation of Bevo's game plan was about versatility i.e. the reason why Dunkley on occasion will play as a second ruck.

I find the claim you made extraoridinary because the one thing that has characterised Gunston's career is that he has never had the luxury of playing in a set forward position, if he had he would have scored a lot more goals, rather Clarkson has thrown him all over the field to plug holes.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You still haven't explained Bevo's game plan so an assessment can be made as to why Gunston would not suit it. From an outsider's perspective I would have thought the foundation of Bevo's game plan was about versatility i.e. the reason why Dunkley on occasion will play as a second ruck.

I find the claim you made extraoridinary because the one thing that has characterised Gunston's career is that he has never had the luxury of playing in a set forward position, if he had he would have scored a lot more goals, rather Clarkson has thrown him all over the field to plug holes.
Did I ever say I was going to? Please indicate where I did

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would suck to watch him run around in another guernsey but he won’t be around for our next flag push so may as well get something for him whilst he still has some currency.
Honestly think we finish bottom 4 or thereabouts next year anyway- the club needs to rejuvenate and push towards speed in the midfield.

If doggies want him, we should be asking about Bailey Smith...form has been brilliant but questions on the off the field stuff (probably just a young bloke adjusting to life in the spotlight). I'd swap 4 and Gunston for their first and Smith...or if they prefer a future first instead of this year's 4 (which still wont be enough to dodge a JUH bid).

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
If doggies want him, we should be asking about Bailey Smith...form has been brilliant but questions on the off the field stuff (probably just a young bloke adjusting to life in the spotlight). I'd swap 4 and Gunston for their first and Smith...or if they prefer a future first instead of this year's 4 (which still wont be enough to dodge a JUH bid).

Bailey Smith for a 29 year old player, holy rioli.........

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Yeah nah Smith is close to the most untouchable player in the league, he seriously has best player in the league potential.

4 and Gunston without anything coming back would probably not be enough even if he requested a trade.

If we even mentioned his name i am sure they would hang up the phone and block our number.

Pretty sure if Treloar leaves we’ll retain JDG and push him in to the midfield.
You’ll retain JDG because no one is trading for a guy facing charges.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Yeah nah Smith is close to the most untouchable player in the league, he seriously has best player in the league potential.

4 and Gunston without anything coming back would probably not be enough even if he requested a trade.

If we even mentioned his name i am sure they would hang up the phone and block our number.
Well done, an opo supporter that's in touch with football reality.

Collingwood will now put 100% into getting Gunston now

Welcome to Hawthorn Collingwood’s 2021 1st round pick and Tom Phillips. :$

We’ll be asking for more than that.

He’s contracted and a required player.

Pies or Dogs offer big, or we quite happily keep him.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Joke right?

We’ll be asking for more than that.

He’s contracted and a required player.

Pies or Dogs offer big, or we quite happily keep him.
A first round pick and an established best 22 player is offering big. He’s not Dangerfield or Cameron ffs...

A first round pick and an established best 22 player is offering big. He’s not Dangerfield or Cameron ffs...
He is contracted and a key forward.

You’re not getting him out of Hawthorn cheaply.

Joke right?

What’s wrong with Tom Phillips?

Back