Recommitted Jack Gunston [UFA 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Still alot to play out here, very likely to be made our next captain.

If this were to happen, it'd be for Collingwood's 2020 First Round Selection and Jaiyden Stevenson - bottom line.

Nothing else will be getting a deal done and to be honest suggestions of anything less are purely incompetent and insulting.

Triple premiership winning, multiple AA selected, super skilled and super durable, reliable 50+ goal a year forwards don't grow on trees - if they did you'd have found one yourselves a long time ago.

If he was to land at Collingwood he'd not only straighten up their forward line and address the scoring issues, he'd also bring vital leadership qualities and drive those same standards that have made the HFC so successful for so long.

He could also very easily play another 3-5 years of elite football because of his proven durability, game style and physique.

It's clear that while we're on the decline at the moment, a player such as Gunston would drastically improve Collingwood's flag hopes before their star players reach the end of their career and they end up where the HFC is now.

This has and still is being pushed by Collingwood and not the HFC because Clarko firmly believes we're only a couple of pieces off putting the premiership puzzle back together again.

If we pick up a couple of handy players through screw trading and take a couple of early picks over the next couple drafts, we're a very good chance of climbing back up the ladder quite rapidly.

We've given up so much to bring in JOM, TOM and Wingard that it'd be totally counterproductive to then simply offload a vital piece of that puzzle in Gunston unless it was not overly beneficial to us.

It would basically be accepting defeat and we might as well start offloading all our star players and enter full rebuild mode, something that Clarko doesn't want to happen.

The next few weeks will certainly be interesting.

If this were to happen, it'd be for Collingwood's 2020 First Round Selection and Jaiyden Stevenson - bottom line.

Nothing else will be getting a deal done and to be honest suggestions of anything less are purely incompetent and insulting.

Triple premiership winning, multiple AA selected, super skilled and super durable, reliable 50+ goal a year forwards don't grow on trees - if they did you'd have found one yourselves a long time ago.

If he was to land at Collingwood he'd not only straighten up their forward line and address the scoring issues, he'd also bring vital leadership qualities and drive those same standards that have made the HFC so successful for so long.

He could also very easily play another 3-5 years of elite football because of his proven durability, game style and physique.

It's clear that while we're on the decline at the moment, a player such as Gunston would drastically improve Collingwood's flag hopes before their star players reach the end of their career and they end up where the HFC is now.

This has and still is being pushed by Collingwood and not the HFC because Clarko firmly believes we're only a couple of pieces off putting the premiership puzzle back together again.

If we pick up a couple of handy players through screw trading and take a couple of early picks over the next couple drafts, we're a very good chance of climbing back up the ladder quite rapidly.

We've given up so much to bring in JOM, TOM and Wingard that it'd be totally counterproductive to then simply offload a vital piece of that puzzle in Gunston unless it was not overly beneficial to us.

It would basically be accepting defeat and we might as well start offloading all our star players and enter full rebuild mode, something that Clarko doesn't want to happen.

If you want Stephenson we’ll take Gunston and your 2020 first rounder. Suggestions of anything less are incompetent and insulting.

Making unreasonable demands on a footy forum is fun, isn’t it?

If you want Stephenson we’ll take Gunston and your 2020 first rounder. Suggestions of anything less are incompetent and insulting.

Making unreasonable demands on a footy forum is fun, isn’t it?

If a trade eventuates, it will likely be Collingwood’s first round pick, either this year or next year’s draft.

I would hate for Hawthorn to lose Gunston, but if he left there’s no doubt he could be the difference for Collingwood.

If a trade eventuates, it will likely be Collingwood’s first round pick, either this year or next year’s draft. I would hate to lose Gunston, but if he left there’s no doubt he could be the difference for Collingwood.
Absolutely there would be a first round pick involved, possibly a player too, but Collingwood aren’t going to give up a 21 year old small forward who averaged close to two goals per game in his first two seasons in addition to a first rounder for a 29 year old Gunston.
Im all for giving the Hawks reasonable compensation if a trade request was made, but that post from old mate was OTT.

Absolutely there would be a first round pick involved, possibly a player too, but Collingwood aren’t going to give up a 21 year old small forward who averaged close to two goals per game in his first two seasons in addition to a first rounder for a 29 year old Gunston.
Im all for giving the Hawks reasonable compensation if a trade request was made, but that post from old mate was OTT.

Yeah I think players like Stephenson, De Goey, Moore and Daicos would all be on Collingwood’s “untouchables” list.

I’m not sure if Hawthorn will ask for a player, but maybe someone like Tom Phillips? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yeah I think players like Stephenson, De Goey, Moore and Daicos would all be on Collingwood’s “untouchables” list.

I’m not sure if Hawthorn will ask for a player, but maybe someone like Tom Phillips? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I’ve already said I’d be happy to give up our 2021 first (stronger, less compromised draft) and a player like Phillips for Gunston. That would be a fair outcome imo.

Gunston and a 3 rounder ?
Yeah that makes sense. If Collingwood need points and Hawthorn have a trade they find worthwhile something will be worked in to make it suit both parties.

I’m glad that we’re in agreeance that both those trade scenarios were silly.

The entire thread itself is silly and he's going nowhere, especially for some of the fanciful dribble that's been presented here.

The bloke is very likely to be our next captain and I can totally understand why he'd be enquired about.

Might as well simply close the thread though because once again, unless it's hugely beneficial to the HFC it won't be happening.

It would be like us offering a pack of Doritos for Taylor Adams or Brayden Maynard.

You'd tell us politely to GAGF wouldn't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entire thread itself is silly and he's going nowhere, especially for some of the fanciful dribble that's been presented here.

The bloke is very likely to be our next captain and I can totally understand why he'd be enquired about.

Might as well simply close the thread though because once again, unless it's hugely beneficial to the HFC it won't be happening.

It would be like us offering a pack of Doritos for Taylor Adams or Brayden Maynard.

You seem to be the only one here saying that a first round pick plus a player (not Stephenson caliber) is unreasonable.

Agreed. We'd have to win the trade, as Gunston is contracted, a star/required player, and may net Collingwood a flag.

Collingwood would have to be willing to pay overs, in the knowledge it may jag them a flag.

A flag is worth paying overs for.

Otherwise, we keep Jack and Collingwood keep their picks. So be it.

Yeah okay, let's just not...

Can someone remind me how old Gunston is again?

Agreed. We'd have to win the trade, as Gunston is contracted, a star/required player, and may net Collingwood a flag.

Collingwood would have to be willing to pay overs, in the knowledge it may jag them a flag.

A flag is worth paying overs for.

Otherwise, we keep Jack and Collingwood keep their picks. So be it.
Don't talk so much , so be it . Hehehe

Am hearing gunston to collingwood for their first round pick and a future first with a second rounder xoming back their way

Without trying to sound harsh that's not enough, the difference between your first and our second next year would be marginal at best.

Try again mate.

You seem to be the only one here saying that a first round pick plus a player (not Stephenson caliber) is unreasonable.

Have you even read this thread in it's entirety or just the snippets that you've chosen to?

Most of the Hawthorn supporters here are more than clear in stating that Gunston is a very likely chance to be our next captain and don't want him traded.

Not one single Hawthorn supporter (myself included) has been unreasonable, but at the same time don't believe it to be beneficial to consider a pick that'll most likely fall in the late teens and a plodder in Phillips if a trade were to eventuate.

Neither the HFC or Gunston himself are driving this and I'm sure that both parties would be more than content in him staying.

Both that and Collingwood fading slowly into the sunset for another few years.

If your club wants him so bad then they'll need to pony up mate, it's that simple.

That's not being unreasonable, it's being bloody realistic.

Yeah okay, let's just not...

Can someone remind me how old Gunston is again?

He's 4 years younger than your captain whom I'm sure you'd want a pretty penny for in a trade scenario.

I thought most Collingwood supporters were reasonable but you're coming across as no better than Carlton and Essendon supporters at the moment.

Doubt anything even comes of this media driven dribble, but if it did then surely it's more realistic that some of the suggestions by you guys.

Next you'll be asking for us to throw in Breust as steak knives.

He's 4 years younger than your captain whom I'm sure you'd want a pretty penny for in a trade scenario.

I thought most Collingwood supporters were reasonable but you're coming across as no better than Carlton and Essendon supporters at the moment.

Doubt anything even comes of this media driven dribble, but if it did then surely it's more realistic that some of the suggestions by you guys.

Next you'll be asking for us to throw in Breust as steak knives.
Are you seriously comparing Jack Gunston with a Norm Smith Medallist, 6x All Australian, 5x Best and Fairest champion midfielder?

Hahaha thanks for proving my point of you just blindly listening to whatever the media says instead of having the independence to think for yourself.

- Dunn, Varcoe, Reid, Broomhead, Madgen all retiring/contract expiring
- Pendles took a massive pay cut from this year onwards to accommodate Moore, De Goey, so did Sidebottom who is taking less money but more years
- Beams contract settlement
- Mayne got off his stupid 500k x 4 contract, and renegotiated a 1 year deal on much lower coin
- Mihocek we will probably lose to Freo, we don't seem to match market price when there are so many decent KPF replacements
- Scharenberg, Elliot, Phillips all touted as potential trade pieces as well

You seem to think that giving just 2 players decent salary is enough to cripple an entire salary cap which is pretty funny... You realise that the salary cap is intended for 30 + players right?...
Why do yo think he assumes only 2 of your guys would be on 'decent salary'. Are you suggesting that any of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, De Goey, Moore, Grundy and Treloar, just to pick 6, wouldn't be on 'decent salary' , notwithstanding the claimed voluntary haircuts you say Pendles and Sidebottom have taken.

Why do yo think he assumes only 2 of your guys would be on 'decent salary'. Are you suggesting that any of Pendlebury, Sidebottom, De Goey, Moore, Grundy and Treloar, just to pick 6, wouldn't be on 'decent salary' , notwithstanding the claimed voluntary haircuts you say Pendles and Sidebottom have taken.
What even is this logic?

It doesn't matter what these guys are on, point is compared to this year (where we obviously are within the cap), there's a huge negative net difference next year because of player changes.

I mean it's not that hard to understand surely?

Sounds like you're rattled - "champ", "mate", "buddy" - using those words in an argument is a giveaway that you are!

Run along little Melbourne man and see if you can remember what success looks like.

Hawk fans always pull this line out when they've just been towelled up, no substance, no factual arguments.

Quite funny really

Remove this Banner Ad

Back