Player Watch Jack Gunston!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like there’s a chance he looks elsewhere and we can’t do much about it as a UFA.

Appears it’s the chance to win another flag in next 2-3 years is the consideration as would be surprised if a big difference in money or tenor (maybe 2 vs 3 years?). We’ve likely already out our offer to him so ball is in his court.

I can’t imagine the midfield smashing in last 2 weeks has helped our case that we’re still a flag chance over rest of his career.

If Jack Gunston leave us then we must take Fergus Green in the rookie draft.
Fergus is not as good as Jack but he is 100% AFL quality and IMO the best player in the vfl not not playing AFL.

I think he has 3 good seasons in him. I’m not sure if he does though. Maybe a change of scnery would be good for him. Hate to see him leave.

Given he stays healthy and plays 20+ games, I can see him kicking 40+ goals next year for whoever he plays for. Hopefully that’s with us.

Gunston might have wanted a refresh after a personally difficult year for him. I wish him all the best. He’s been a champion of our football club.

I will sa that it doesn’t sit well with me that Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Birchall, Smith and now Gunston left Hawthorn to play with other clubs. I think the Hawks need to rethink their list management strategies around 30+ year olds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is sad to see Gunston, a greeat servant of the club, go. Thanks for the memories, and all the best for the Lions (except when they play the Hawks, of course ;-))

Sadly, the Hawks are probably not currently the destination club, but hopefully we can recruit a decent replacement.

I think the Hawks need to rethink their list management strategies around 30+ year olds.

Absolutely!

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Gunston might have wanted a refresh after a personally difficult year for him. I wish him all the best. He’s been a champion of our football club.

I will sa that it doesn’t sit well with me that Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Birchall, Smith and now Gunston left Hawthorn to play with other clubs. I think the Hawks need to rethink their list management strategies around 30+ year olds.
The infamous 2016 off season' stench isn't wearing off soon enough. Poor list decision made then has had plenty of repercussions since. MUST keep A grade talent as long as possible imo. On top of all that, we're getting half eaten bananas in return.

Big time player, versatile and never shirked responsibility when taking those clutch game winning shots. I always respected him for presenting late in the 2012 gf when Buddy had clearly lost faith in his own technique. Very stiff not to be norm in 2013... did the jumper (and number) proud

Thanks for everything Jack.

Can certainly see why he left and wanted to spend the final 2-3 years of his career in better weather playing for a top 6 team as opposed to a bottom 6 team though.

Cheers Gunner, all the best! Absolutely loved his work for us, a real champion of the club and it's been a pleasure to watch him play for the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back