Delisted Jack Lonie

Remove this Banner Ad

TheJackal

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Luke Dunstan's tweet is solid gold! Now, for everyone to start trolling him with 27 and 17s as well as more 37s! If only I had Twitter...

Surely, surely, Jack is line for a rising star nom soon

Smoke_Me_AKipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham; Philadelphia Eagles
"He's an absolute freak' - Adam Schneider

Jeez he has a way with words :p

I have him winning the rising star at 67-1 so he needs to hurry up to get that nomination!!:eek::eek:

Schneides is right though - love his work rate, love his kicking and the fact that he doesn't care he's only a little fella!!

Here's what the 2015 Champion Data Prospectus had to say about Lonie:

His opening 4 matches of the U18 Champs were great - He was an elite ball winner as a forward, averaging 18 disposals and 10 contested possessions per game.

He averaged 421m gained per game, which was almost 100m more than the next best forward.

He averaged an elite 3.5 kicks inside 50 and recorded an above average mark and retention rate from those kicks.

He kicked 9 goals in 6 games and averaged 6.2 score involvements and 2.2 score assists int he U18 Champs - ranked 4th in that competition.

Its funny how guys can rate highly for their clubs but don't test well and drift out. Mitch Honeychurch I heard so much good stuff about and was highly internally rated and his champion data stats were outstanding. I think he went in the 30s.

I was devastated we didn't get Caleb Daniel but I'm so incredibly happy we ended up with little Jack instead now. I'm 42 and have watched a lot of footy, Lonie looks to me like super star. I remember thinking Lenny had something special as a kid too. It's an attitude or an application that you can't quite identify. I think he looks the most likely super star too. Billings has a ton of class but the thing I think of with Lonie is the outstanding pressure he puts on an opponent. That play they highlighted from the Hawks preseason game where he ran a guy down and tackled him several times before winning a free was incredible.

66sainter

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Its funny how guys can rate highly for their clubs but don't test well and drift out. Mitch Honeychurch I heard so much good stuff about and was highly internally rated and his champion data stats were outstanding. I think he went in the 30s.
Honey went pick 60, but anyone thats played with or against him at junior level would tell you that he was a freak and should of gone 30 at the latest!

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
Question : how is he compared to Cory Gregson?

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...unate-son-20150606-ghi3ay.html?skin=text-only

"I do cop it a bit from the boys. They call Schneides my dad because of the friendship we've been able to form pretty quickly and obviously we're pretty similar players."

"He was a player I always wanted to emulate. I pretty much follow him everywhere and pick his brain on all the little things, whether it be about our team structure or bits of craft."

Schneider is viewed internally as something of a quasi-assistant coach.

Lonie grew up in Seaford, played for Seaford Football Club and still lives with his mum and dad just a stone's throw away from St Kilda's headquarters.

"I'm loving it. I had a mate, Tom Lamb, who got drafted to West Coast. He was obviously stoked to get picked up … but he had to move his life over there and it was a big change for him.

"In my junior years, I used to come down and watch the Saints train a fair bit, and I've always looked up at the place and said to myself 'I've always wanted to do that'," he said.

On draft night last year, Lonie and his siblings were so excited they actually ran down to the Saints training base and took some snaps to remember the occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2011
Moorabin
AFL Club
St Kilda
images (4).jpg

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
Great stuff... Although it means he's extended for a year? Being drafted in 2014 means he already had a contract for 2016.

TheBalls

Cancelled
Aug 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great news and well deserved, he had a great season - hope he can continue his development and impact more in 2016, especially on the score board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back