Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You are the expert of different direction.
I knew you'd pop up sooner or later with some weird comment. But the new coach will need to have his prints on this draft and the next one and the club has traded out a number of older players and has been public that it was hitting the draft hard. 3 good NGA and F/S prospects next year and hopefully the rebuild will accelerate over then next 2 years

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd want to trade down if Stephens was the target. There are a few SA lads that are likely to be on the board at picks 22 & 23 - Gould, Day, Taheny, Pickett. That pick 6 imo will b e used on McAsey as the crows need a long term Talia replacement

McAsey is Vic Metro = possibly risky for Adelaide ...

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I knew you'd pop up sooner or later with some weird comment. But the new coach will need to have his prints on this draft and the next one and the club has traded out a number of older players and has been public that it was hitting the draft hard. 3 good NGA and F/S prospects next year and hopefully the rebuild will accelerate over then next 2 years
Just need to concentrate doing your own thing.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
they are all a risk in varying degrees - Polec left port and he was very public when leaving brisbane he wanted to com ehome
[/

Might be wise for Adelaide to steady the ship after navigating troubled waters in recent times.
As you say, Day and Taheny could be available at 22 & 23 and Stephens at 7 would round out a great local haul to go confidently forward with.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It might be the plan. But if stephens is the go i'd look at trading 6 down to 11 or 12 where he is likely available and getting an extra 1st to use
I knew you are up to something. Come on this is Luko thread.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I'd want to trade down if Stephens was the target. There are a few SA lads that are likely to be on the board at picks 22 & 23 - Gould, Day, Taheny, Pickett. That pick 6 imo will b e used on McAsey as the crows need a long term Talia replacement
I’d pay pounds to the dollar that Gold Coast select Day at 15, if they keep it. Definitely at 20 if he was still on board. Cousin plays for Gold Coast and he’s an actual GC fan.

And I’d be dirty at Brisbane if they didn’t select Gould at 21.

And you have to imagine Port take Pickett at 18.

TheKITC

Cancelled
Mar 7, 2009
The Cupboard
AFL Club
Carlton
The denial, deflecting and back pedaling of BF posters never ceases to amuse.

All of a sudden the Crows are "heading in another direction" and it's not a big deal to miss out on JL, probably the same posters who were toeing the line when lunatics like Burton, Campo and Pyke were running the asylum. Crows supporters in general have been frothing Jack since he was drafted and beating their chests on the regular about how they will "bring him home" from the GC farm.

Good on the GC for locking in a future gun, kid has some tools and talent. Jack has outrightly shunned the Crows who probably should have moved heaven and earth to get him in the draft to begin with and will now watch him blossom in opposition.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
The denial, deflecting and back pedaling of BF posters never ceases to amuse.

All of a sudden the Crows are "heading in another direction" and it's not a big deal to miss out on JL, probably the same posters who were toeing the line when lunatics like Burton, Campo and Pyke were running the asylum. Crows supporters in general have been frothing Jack since he was drafted and beating their chests on the regular about how they will "bring him home" from the GC farm.

Good on the GC for locking in a future gun, kid has some tools and talent. Jack has outrightly shunned the Crows who probably should have moved heaven and earth to get him in the draft to begin with and will now watch him blossom in opposition.

Are you suggesting young Reid doesn’t have a long term list management strategy in place ?

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’d pay pounds to the dollar that Gold Coast select Day at 15, if they keep it. Definitely at 20 if he was still on board. Cousin plays for Gold Coast and he’s an actual GC fan.

And I’d be dirty at Brisbane if they didn’t select Gould at 21.

And you have to imagine Port take Pickett at 18.
I'd be very very happy with taheny if we picked him. And if a few of those other SA boys go before it will open the door for some other kids to be taken that may have slid

Edit. But i am out now as this is all for another thread. Lukosius is off the menu for crows and port so we move on. It looked ominous when port traded out their 2020 1st rounder and they may have had good intel from his good mate and european travel partner in connor rozee about his intentions

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
He wants out, does he?

Rankine and Lukosius wiping Adelaide will be a bitter pill for young Reid to swallow after successfully luring Gibbs home with a large and lengthy contract.
Perhaps Adelaide’s strategy should be to now draft the locals and try to retain them.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Rankine and Lukosius wiping Adelaide will be a bitter pill for young Reid to swallow after successfully luring Gibbs home with a large and lengthy contract.
Perhaps Adelaide’s strategy should be to now draft the locals and try to retain them.

They had a decent draft hand last year. Could’ve traded up for Rozee or even picked Hately. Missed out on all the gun SA boys and ended up with Chayce Jones and Ned McHenry. Uninspiring.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
They had a decent draft hand last year. Could’ve traded up for Rozee or even picked Hately. Missed out on all the gun SA boys and ended up with Chayce Jones and Ned McHenry. Uninspiring.

Young Reid’s list management strategy would be a fascinating exercise.
While Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee and Hately run around in other colours, Mackay rolls on at Adelaide and the club contribute financially to Betts and Jenkins continuing their careers elsewhere as well.
Strange days indeed ...

Back