Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
GWS 2020 1st round and upgraded 28 to 22 for a pick close to 50 they were not using..if you are going to wade in then make sure to get it right

Yet you forget to mention moving back in the 1st round this year? Don't you worry, I am clear about the facts and actual/possible outcomes

Reid has continued to push back on that late first rounder, 2018 to 2020, from a super draft, to one of the most comprised drafts ever, so that pick could push into the 20's

I am sure you will reply, but at least we won't read about how you will include it in bringing Lukosius home

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yet you forget to mention moving back in the 1st round this year? Don't you worry, I am clear about the facts and actual/possible outcomes

Reid has continued to push back on that late first rounder, 2018 to 2020, from a super draft, to one of the most comprised drafts ever, so that pick could push into the 20's

I am sure you will reply, but at least we won't read about how you will include it in bringing Lukosius home
Dropping from 4 to 6 to get an extra 1st and knowing the player you want will still be there. Ansolute negligence to NOT do the trade. But as i noted before..i am now out as this is the lukosius thread and we move on

I really think that Ben King's signing was the line in the sand for the playing group at GCS. Luko, Rankine, King from last year all signed on is a sign that the group believes in the new coaching group.

Give it 3 years, the banana bowl will be exciting viewing

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Always loved the comments from Crows supporters. Started right off when we had drafted Aish, the royal prince of SA.

"See you in 2 years Aisho"

"Can't believe Brisbane took him, now we get him for cheap"

He went to Collingwood, and then to Fremantle, as far as possible, absolutely avoiding SA like the plague.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure how approaching another club for a trade twice and being turned down makes him lucky but ok
Pretty sure I read a lot of commentary on these boards about how crouch was signed sealed and delivered to GC..didn't happen so we all move on..like i have said many times in these preceding posts re port and the crows thoughts on Lukosius. But now some on here don't want to let go when the rest of us have moved on. It is what it is and good luck to them, Lukosius has now signed and is no longer in limbo so we look at the next draft target

Good news. Must have been extremely aggravating for Suns fans dealing with Saints and Crows fans acting like they had a god given right to just take King and Lukosious all year.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Good news. Must have been extremely aggravating for Suns fans dealing with Saints and Crows fans acting like they had a god given right to just take King and Lukosious all year.
Saints fans the worst. All of them seemed to know the King family personally and that he was guaranteed to go there this year or next

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Saints fans the worst. All of them seemed to know the King family personally and that he was guaranteed to go there this year or next

To be fair, he has a twin playing at the Saints, and Ben was a mad St Kilda fan growing up, so you can understand their confidence (misguided as it was)

Thought Luko was the most likely to leave out of the trio, so it is a significant signing for Gold Coast..

Sep 7, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Mavs, Sturt
Always loved the comments from Crows supporters. Started right off when we had drafted Aish, the royal prince of SA.

"See you in 2 years Aisho"

"Can't believe Brisbane took him, now we get him for cheap"

He went to Collingwood, and then to Fremantle, as far as possible, absolutely avoiding SA like the plague.

This is a stretch. Adelaide supporters might have wanted Aish when he was drafted, why wouldn't they? He had a really good draft year.

There's been nothing since to suggest that Adelaide have tried to bring Aish back? How would we know who is avoiding who?

I'm about as level-headed as they come for a Crows fan. I absolutely agree we should have thrown what we could to get Luko in his draft year. Remove the chance of him staying long term at GCS.

They've done really well to lock him up, which is a real blow to what I'm assuming our plans would have been. I don't think its a coincidence we've loaded up with picks for the year he was supposed to come out of Contract.

Agree saints were the worst by far. Seems they actually take that afl news , trade rumours Facebook page seriously.

you put up with it from North fans and Swallow too.
The sense of entitlement from North fans can be pretty astonishing. I remember their attitude when their club offered JDG a million a year was “we’ll offer you this s**t trade and you’ll take what you’re given because he’s OOC”.

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I really think that Ben King's signing was the line in the sand for the playing group at GCS. Luko, Rankine, King from last year all signed on is a sign that the group believes in the new coaching group.

Give it 3 years, the banana bowl will be exciting viewing

I think the line in the sand title might belong to Izak in that group. He was the 1st strong show of faith. Then i think the housemates and friends King and Luko probably decided together but King got the priority from the club and then Luko's contract followed. 3 mammoth re-signings.

Probably isn't a firm line in the sand moment ala Travis Boak at Port a decade ago, but i reckon if The Suns have a decent period of retention and performance the building blocks have probably been:

David Swallow...then Touk...then Ainsworth...then Stewie Dew coming in and trying to implement the best version of the Bloods Culture as he can to set them up as a CLUB...then Rankine...then King...then Luko.

If they make a fist of the next 10 year period, i think that's the heart n soul group making timeline.

Not counting admin stuff.

What are GC fans opinions?

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Super happy for Suns fans. I anticipate this will seriously help local marketing and crowd numbers with two genuine guns in Fiorini and Darcy MacPherson joined by Lukosius, Rankine and King and now Anderson and Rowell are on the way.

Brighter times look to be coming for the Suns and I couldn't be happier for their supporters.

Back