Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Signed until 2026]

Dogga6

All Australian
May 11, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another talented sun out of contract that not just the SA clubs but all clubs would be monitoring.

think GC need a good year to stop an exodus
No threads for Rankine, Ainsworth, Weller, Hollands, Davies, Budarick?
I can see Lukosius, Rankine, Weller and Ainsworth all leaving at the end if the year if Suns don't improved.

11 years in the system and yet they've barely gotten out of the bottom 6. Club is ripe for the picking.

Does Rankine need one?

Its Academic that he's gone
I would let him go tbh

Much rather keep Luko and King of Rankine

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

David C

All Australian
Aug 16, 2017
Noosa
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
I can see Lukosius, Rankine, Weller and Ainsworth all leaving at the end if the year if Suns don't improved.

11 years in the system and yet they've barely gotten out of the bottom 6. Club is ripe for the picking.
Weller?? He pleaded for GC to come and get him from Freo because he wanted to live on the GC. Why would he want to leave? Luko appears to be very settled and content on the GC and I'd expect him to resign. Rankine and Ainsworth I'm not so sure, they both have under achieved so far and been dropped on occasions. There would have to be doubts on those 2 but I hope GC hang on to them all.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think lukosius will end up at Port. Not that i wouldn't love him at Adelaide, its just with Dawson coming in, he does a very similar role and rankine is more of a need for the crows (if he can find consistency that is)

Depends how either team plans to use him.

Was drafted (technically) as a key forward. Can play on a wing or at half back and has enough attributes to play most competently. If I was a coach I'd prefer him on a wing delivering inside 50 and then floating back.

Think at his best he will be similar to Whitfield and float between the two positions.

Adelaide have quite a few outside runners on their list, but they'd also be a pretty attractive club for a young player and the Crows will put as much time into Luko as Rankine IMO, who projects to be the more consistent player with runs on the board.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Depends how either team plans to use him.

Was drafted (technically) as a key forward. Can play on a wing or at half back and has enough attributes to play most competently. If I was a coach I'd prefer him on a wing delivering inside 50 and then floating back.

Think at his best he will be similar to Whitfield and float between the two positions.

Adelaide have quite a few outside runners on their list, but they'd also be a pretty attractive club for a young player and the Crows will put as much time into Luko as Rankine IMO, who projects to be the more consistent player with runs on the board.
100% i see luko as best placed between the arcs delivering inside 50..admittedly having him on a wing and dawson on the other is mouthwatering to thinkaboit but still a lot of water to go under the bridge and he might end up staying at GC

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
100% i see luko as best placed between the arcs delivering inside 50..admittedly having him on a wing and dawson on the other is mouthwatering to thinkaboit but still a lot of water to go under the bridge and he might end up staying at GC

Both clubs have both player types covered (especially Port in the small forward stakes re: Rankine) and it just comes down to which player is going to be most valuable moving forward. To me that is Luko with his versatility, leadership credentials and high performance floor.

Could imagine a scenario both join the Crows or both join Port too.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In 2022 you will see Lukosius finally moving to CHF and yes also involved in more deliveries inside 50 according to Dew/Lukosius. Lukosius looks bigger this off-season. Lukosius/King combo it is. It does look like Suns will play or at least try 3 talls by adding Chol.

I reckon he'll stay on the Gold Coast this contract, as he'll probably gets some ambassador deal attached to it in the AFL attempt to make the suns viable.

Rankine on the other hand...

Last edited:

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think lukosius will end up at Port. Not that i wouldn't love him at Adelaide, its just with Dawson coming in, he does a very similar role and rankine is more of a need for the crows (if he can find consistency that is)
Luko as a CHF that hits up Thilthorpe would be pretty mouth-watering.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Luko as a CHF that hits up Thilthorpe would be pretty mouth-watering.
Thilthorpe will become the CHF and be a roaming one at that - he has a huge engine on him and once he hardens his frame up with few AFL preseasons, his contested marking ability will make him very hard to contain. I still see Luko as best playing between the arcs - he can run all day and has a great kick to spot up forwards and would do real damage in that role imo

Back