Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Extended to 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, if he wants out he wants out. You might hold him to his contract but that just upsets the apple cart and makes 2020 an even more unhappy time.
He has done very little this year, no way he keeps his value.
Yeah he does. His endurance and field kicking for a big man is elite, and he can play any part of the ground. If he wants out and Adelaide want him they’ll have to cough up something enormous, because anyone with half a brain can see he’s going to be a star.

You need to watch more football.
ha ok.
If he was playing forward I would agree with you.

His elite kicking off half back has looked pretty good though. Might not end up a forward.

ha ok.
If he was playing forward I would agree with you.

His elite kicking off half back has looked pretty good though. Might not end up a forward.
He relies on his works rate and his lead ups. He isn't a contested mark, and he isn't a power player. He is like Justin Westhoff. He can play forward, wing or defence.
He is a real chance to leave, if not this year then next. Chances are Adelaide don't have pick 3 next year.

No team would give you pick 19 for Greenwood.

Not even pick 3 and Greenwood for Luko gets it done.

Unless he threatens to stay out of footy for a year like Cam McCarthy, The Suns won't trade him after just one year.

Pick 3 for Jack, 19 for Greenwood.
Is Greenwood worth pick 19?
A 27 year old who has been fringe / playing SANFL in an average team

Comparing the trades that actually got done last year it is way over valuing him.
See:
polec / pittard
Lobb
Hannebury
Tyson
Newman
Adams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know, pick 3 is his value which is what everyone is saying would be used.

Who says he is valued at pick 3? He was a higher pick than that in a better draft, has played most of the year at AFL level and shown a lot for a first year tall, and he is in contract so therefore you reckon his value has declined?

His value is whatever someone is willing to pay for him that the Suns accept, there is no other valuation which matters. And the Suns won't take pick 3 for him so it ain't his value.

Did you forget pick 19 back? Pick 3 would be starting point. Don't worry Suns will not trade him this off season.
It would be unlikely and it (trade request) would have to come from lukosius himself. If lukosius did drive it and there was no chance he would stay beyond his 1st 2 year deal then pick 3 and a reasonable player would be around the mark. Pick 3 is no packet of chips and it is less likely next year to be a better pick

It would be unlikely and it (trade request) would have to come from lukosius himself. If lukosius did drive it and there was no chance he would stay beyond his 1st 2 year deal then pick 3 and a reasonable player would be around the mark. Pick 3 is no packet of chips and it is less likely next year to be a better pick
Yeh fair enough. It would have to be a pretty good player. Who out of Adelaide would want to go to the gold coast?
Besides Weller it’s all been players who can’t make the 22 for their respective clubs moving there.

Yeh fair enough. It would have to be a pretty good player. Who out of Adelaide would want to go to the gold coast?
Besides Weller it’s all been players who can’t make the 22 for their respective clubs moving there.
It would have to be a mid tier player with the pick 3..along the lines of greenwood, keath, lynch..or maybe a himmelberg who is young but has plenty of talent and has had a bit of exposure this year

Yes, pick 3 is not packet of chips, I agree. I referred to other unrealistic suggestions.

Who says he is valued at pick 3? He was a higher pick than that in a better draft, has played most of the year at AFL level and shown a lot for a first year tall, and he is in contract so therefore you reckon his value has declined?

His value is whatever someone is willing to pay for him that the Suns accept, there is no other valuation which matters. And the Suns won't take pick 3 for him so it ain't his value.

This.

It would have to be a mid tier player with the pick 3..along the lines of greenwood, keath, lynch..or maybe a himmelberg who is young but has plenty of talent and has had a bit of exposure this year
You paid for Lynch salary yah, just clean up overpaid players last year.greenwood at best late second round or early third, keath don't really need him with Thompson, Collins, Ballard, Hombsch, Burgess, local academy Graham. Gcs got no money to overpaid players playing in NEAFl.

Last edited:

I think the Crows need to address their poor player retention rate over the years before they start making plays for big name targets tbh.

Adelaide have hardly covered themselves in glory as a happy place to play footy since the 2017 Grand Final.

You would know this, but something has been rotten at the AFC for a long time now..

If Ben King stays, and Adelaide can trade up from their Pick 3 to Melbourne's Pick 2 (Gold Coast don't get that priority pick), then I could see a possible deal being worked out. Much better to land Rowell and Anderson for the long term, than keep Luko for a few years, get Rowell, but not Anderson. Pick 2 and Greenwood for Luko and Gold Coast third rounder, or thereabouts.

If Ben King stays, and Adelaide can trade up from their Pick 3 to Melbourne's Pick 2 (Gold Coast don't get that priority pick), then I could see a possible deal being worked out. Much better to land Rowell and Anderson for the long term, than keep Luko for a few years, get Rowell, but not Anderson. Pick 2 and Greenwood for Luko and Gold Coast third rounder, or thereabouts.
No way would the suns trade Lukosius for pick 2 & Greenwood (worth a pick in the 20s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back