• Adelaide

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • GCS

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance in hell. Gold Coast want quality AFL-ready players more than anything now, especially more than 2019 picks. They sold the farm for Weller for that very reason.

They'd be more than happy to take Walsh too.
Would take Walsh in a heart beat over Lukosius. Walsh and Smith/Rankine would be ideal if Luko is taken at 1 by Carlton.

Carlton would need to listen to what may be around.
Lukosius would be a great get, but I see that Carlton may prefer the local lads.

If Lukosius is seen to be the marquee player GC want, they'd have to pay and pay now.
I may well be wrong but I don't think GC would want one of the Kings as much as they'd want Lukosius, as Lukosius would add immediate value to the club and GC have Wright already and may have to back him in to become the forward they need, post Lynch.

Maybe (I said maybe) a trade involving Carltons 2018 #1 and 2019 first can be traded for GC's 2018 #2 & #3 (Lynch compo)
GC get the marquee player of the draft, along with a possible #1 in 2019, whilst Carlton take Walsh & MKing at the draft with #2 & #3.

It's all so early though as who really knows who will have the #1 yet.
we will def have 1 but GC would do that and Carlton would do it to release the pressure of picking Luko, I also next year's pick will be more like 4-6 range.

Not a chance in hell. Gold Coast want quality AFL-ready players more than anything now, especially more than 2019 picks. They sold the farm for Weller for that very reason.

They'd be more than happy to take Walsh too.
Luko could have a Stephenson type year next year while you get another good player for sure next year. Everyone wins

Would take Walsh in a heart beat over Lukosius. Walsh and Smith/Rankine would be ideal if Luko is taken at 1 by Carlton.
Don't fancy taking a key forward? I'd have thought with Lynch leaving, you'd be sure to pick up one of Lukosius or King with those top picks.

It is the Crows best chance to try to get their hands on pick 2 via Gold Coast. It is the angle I expect Crows try to work on in trade period. But who knows, Port might be working on their own one. Hinkley links back to Gold Coast could help them a little.

They could trade.future.picks, but in this draft it will cost them big time...

I personally think Carlton need to trade pick 1 and get multiple r1 picks... They have lots of holes that needs filling and one player won't fix it..

Don't fancy taking a key forward? I'd have thought with Lynch leaving, you'd be sure to pick up one of Lukosius or King with those top picks.
Our main problem is the midfield. Wright/Day will be serviceable enough up forward but we need players to actually get it down to them. All good to have a superstar in the 50, but if we can't get it to him there is no point.

I hope he gets to Brisbane, Hipwood and Lukosius would be a great set up with Rayner, McCluggage and Cameron . They seem like going up next year and their development of young players is much better now

I hope he gets to Brisbane, Hipwood and Lukosius would be a great set up with Rayner, McCluggage and Cameron . They seem like going up next year and their development of young players is much better now
won't slip down that far but it would be nice too see.

As a Carlton fan, i really hope we choose the right player for once at pick 1 if we keep it. We have proven to get it wrong each time. Not saying that the players we have picked up at 1 are bad, it is just that they were not the best of their draft. Pick 1 is very rarely the best in the draft, but coming up with our 5th one in 17 seasons, you hope we would have at least one right choice.

As a Carlton fan, i really hope we choose the right player for once at pick 1 if we keep it. We have proven to get it wrong each time. Not saying that the players we have picked up at 1 are bad, it is just that they were not the best of their draft. Pick 1 is very rarely the best in the draft, but coming up with our 5th one in 17 seasons, you hope we would have at least one right choice.
Fair go mate if you want to pick the best player in the draft every time you will need a shiny crystal ball. It's easy to call it in hindsight, all the players we picked at one have done alright.

Fair go mate if you want to pick the best player in the draft every time you will need a shiny crystal ball. It's easy to call it in hindsight, all the players we picked at one have done alright.
fair point, it's hard to predict these things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kruezer could have been great but injuries have burned him and tbh cotchin has really only lifted in the past three seasons.

gibbs has turned out pretty well.

murphy's injuries have limited him moving from that rank of good player to elite.

wietering to early to tell.

kruezer could have been great but injuries have burned him and tbh cotchin has really only lifted in the past three seasons.

gibbs has turned out pretty well.

murphy's injuries have limited him moving from that rank of good player to elite.

wietering to early to tell.
thats fair

You have an incredible resource at your disposal. You just need to learn how to wield it. Ask SOS to choose pick between Luko and Walsh and then do the opposite ;)

Havent read through the more than the last page or so of this thread, but i have a gut feel that Freo will be looking to trade up and take Lukosius in the first couple of picks.

Would be a good get for Freo and fills a need.
If I am Carlton and I keep the number 1 pick, then I take best available mid - Walsh.
So that leaves Freo to negotiate with CG to trade up from 7 to 3 with an understanding that GC wont take Lukosius with pick 2.

If GC use pick 2, and get 7 and a later first rounder from Freo for the number 3 pick........I would call this a win.

Havent read through the more than the last page or so of this thread, but i have a gut feel that Freo will be looking to trade up and take Lukosius in the first couple of picks.

If I am Carlton and I keep the number 1 pick, then I take best available mid - Walsh.
So that leaves Freo to negotiate with CG to trade up from 7 to 3 with an understanding that GC wont take Lukosius with pick 2.

If GC use pick 2, and get 7 and a later first rounder from Freo for the number 3 pick........I would call this a win.

Freo have no picks between 7 and 75 how will they pull that off,

Freo have no picks between 7 and 75 how will they pull that off,

Just a sneaky hunch........
They have next years picks, and talk of Hill wanting out might bring them some trade currency.

I have no contacts or anything.........just a gut feel that Lukosius might be the sort of player they need rooming the forward line at Optus.
Pick 7 gives them a good starting point.....what is the cost of a 4 pick upgrade.....?? Maybe a late first rounder......?

With the prospect of Cerra leaving, not sure it would be wise to trade up for a player that could be a flight risk.

I would go the other way. Taking Cal Twomey’s rankings, Hill falls at 14 iirc. Assuming the rumours about the Hill brothers wanting out are complete BS, would they consider trading down to multiple picks with one of them getting Hill. They probably need to do something like this. Maybe need to turnover their list a bit and have a terrible draft hand outside of their first.

With the prospect of Cerra leaving, not sure it would be wise to trade up for a player that could be a flight risk.

I would go the other way. Taking Cal Twomey’s rankings, Hill falls at 14 iirc. Assuming the rumours about the Hill brothers wanting out are complete BS, would they consider trading down to multiple picks with one of them getting Hill. They probably need to do something like this. Maybe need to turnover their list a bit and have a terrible draft hand outside of their first.

I suggest that Rankine is a bigger flight risk than Lukosius.
The whispers about Cera leaving seemed to have died down somewhat.
Lukosius could be a Pav Mk II........and definitely the type of player Freo need IMHO

Not saying it will happen, but just the type of player Freo need I think.

I suggest that Rankine is a bigger flight risk than Lukosius.
The whispers about Cera leaving seemed to have died down somewhat.
Lukosius could be a Pav Mk II........and definitely the type of player Freo need IMHO

Not saying it will happen, but just the type of player Freo need I think.
Yeah I hope we try and pull something off instead of just sitting idle

Back