• Adelaide

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • GCS

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think Fremantle would be the ideal place for Lukosius.

He fills a need and they have a good record with retaining South Australians (not that there are any flight risks associated with Lukosius).

I still think Fremantle would be the ideal place for Lukosius.

He fills a need and they have a good record with retaining South Australians (not that there are any flight risks associated with Lukosius).
We don't have the picks or have the desire to trade out a top player to get pick 1 or 2.

No way in hell he is going to drop to pick 7.

I reckon saints will get Luko due to the rumours about them trading their firsr round pick

If the Blues take Walsh there is no way Lukosius doesn’t goto the Suns next at 2. They are loosing Lynch and will deff grab Luko if he gets past the blues

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But how confident are they they can keep him ? Fair to say player retention isn’t the suns strong suit. No good to them if he leaves in two years.

So? That s**t applies to every player that isn't from Queensland.

They may be better trading pick two and a late pick for two later top 10 picks and nab both king twins increasing their chances of retention and if May also leaves they will need both a KPF and KPD.

They may be better trading pick two and a late pick for two later top 10 picks and nab both king twins increasing their chances of retention and if May also leaves they will need both a KPF and KPD.
Gotta laugh at opposition supporters like yourself thinking they'll take Max and Ben King based solely on the whole brotherhood bullshit. They need midfielders more than anything and picks 2 & 3 puts them in a prime position to get them.

As a Carlton fan, i really hope we choose the right player for once at pick 1 if we keep it. We have proven to get it wrong each time. Not saying that the players we have picked up at 1 are bad, it is just that they were not the best of their draft. Pick 1 is very rarely the best in the draft, but coming up with our 5th one in 17 seasons, you hope we would have at least one right choice.
The #1 pick is almost never the best player in the draft. The only two I can think of in recent memory were Nick Riewoldt and Brendan Goddard (Saints got something right for a change) the next closest is probably Luke Hodge and Lachie Whitfield but imo they are just shaded but Judd and Macrae respectively.

Jeff White might be the next best standout #1 pick

Same s**t still applied if you can't handle one player the same will applied with multiple players .if you look at GWS model they are slowly moving out of the all players are Top 20 pick scenario with Zac Langdon , Sam Taylor ,Shipley, Rory Lobb , type of players coming in .

Gotta laugh at opposition supporters like yourself thinking they'll take Max and Ben King based solely on the whole brotherhood bullshit. They need midfielders more than anything and picks 2 & 3 puts them in a prime position to get them.

Don’t have much up foward with Lynch leaving, if May goes they’ll have a pretty big hole down back aswell.

How often do you go into a Draft needing a KPF and KPD in a position to score top 10 quality KPF and KPD who happen to be twins which helps with player retention which is something the suns struggle with.

It makes sence if they can turn pick 2 and a later pick into the both king twins leaving them with another top 10 pick for a midfeilder, possibly anther top 10 pick after that if the do trade May (for a pick not player) as well.

Don’t have much up foward with Lynch leaving, if May goes they’ll have a pretty big hole down back aswell.

How often do you go into a Draft needing a KPF and KPD in a position to score top 10 quality KPF and KPD who happen to be twins which helps with player retention which is something the suns struggle with.

It makes sence if they can turn pick 2 and a later pick into the both king twins leaving them with another top 10 pick for a midfeilder, possibly anther top 10 pick after that if the do trade May (for a pick not player) as well.
Stop gap players ?
State league players or delisted by other club .
Look at how many players Port have from other club that are FA or DFA.

Last edited:

Sam Day and Peter Wright is already better than a number of other clubs key forward stocks. Lynch is just one player and May isn't someone they have to worry about for 15 flipping months.

They just got curbstomped in possessions and contested possessions by Melbourne, a team that invested a lot of high draft picks in midfielders. It's all good having a good forward line but doesn't mean much if you can't get the ball there.

There's a lot more to building a premiership winning list than selecting players based on potential retention likelihood. The Gold Coast are much better off selecting players that give them the best chance of improving the team and help build a winning culture, that alone would help far more with player retention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Day and Peter Wright is already better than a number of other clubs key forward stocks. Lynch is just one player and May isn't someone they have to worry about for 15 flipping months.

They just got curbstomped in possessions and contested possessions by Melbourne, a team that invested a lot of high draft picks in midfielders. It's all good having a good forward line but doesn't mean much if you can't get the ball there.

There's a lot more to building a premiership winning list than selecting players based on potential retention likelihood. The Gold Coast are much better off selecting players that give them the best chance of improving the team and help build a winning culture, that alone would help far more with player retention.

Then why use pick two on a key foward for the sake of it, trade pick 2 of a club who’s desperate for him and pick up multiple midfielders ?

All speculative just think are are a few options that make more sence to the suns then them taking Lukosius.

I reckon Luko will be a Saint. Riewoldt 2.0 goes to Saints involving a trade of two first rounders for our pick 1

But how confident are they they can keep him ? Fair to say player retention isn’t the suns strong suit. No good to them if he leaves in two years.
The only player who’s ever left GC after their initial rookie contract was Josh Caddy in 2012

What are the chances he is the next jack watts? he seems a little bit lackadaisical from what i've seen of him

This is who he reminds me of. Still I hope he ends up a star no matter what club he ends up at. Plus unlike Jack Watts he has played against senior bodies already and done well.

Carlton will take Walsh at pick 1.
GC will then either take both Kings or Luko and Rankine in my opinion.

I can see your reasoning for this, but any club who passes on Lukosius with pick 1, has rocks in it's head.

If Carlton's needs are that dire for a midfielder, then they'd be best to trade the number 1 pick down.....Every club would come a running for it.

The #1 pick is almost never the best player in the draft. The only two I can think of in recent memory were Nick Riewoldt and Brendan Goddard (Saints got something right for a change) the next closest is probably Luke Hodge and Lachie Whitfield but imo they are just shaded but Judd and Macrae respectively.

Jeff White might be the next best standout #1 pick
I was going to laugh at you saying Goddard was the best from his draft, but after looking at it you're right, would have to be one of the weakest drafts OAT though.

I was going to laugh at you saying Goddard was the best from his draft, but after looking at it you're right, would have to be one of the weakest drafts OAT though.
Yeah

But let's not just pretend goddard is an average player. At his best at the saints he was one of the best players in the league

Interesting times coming. Will Carlton trade down for multiple good picks? Will GC look at the twins or more broadly? Or will it just go down the line like normal?

Probably pick C. But lots of opportunity for impassioned posters to proclaim their genius as correct. :)

Back