Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Watts should’ve always been a quarter back type player. Was a point guard in basketball and the quarterback type role Salem played would’ve suited Watts. Still, this is also a role that isn’t implemented that well in weaker sides where there is less flow, and more focus on individual efforts (where everyone is chasing a kick for the sake of getting a kick). Jack Watts was a good footballer played out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah the best game he played for Port was one of his last in that round 1 win over Melbourne playing that exact role.

Then he got injured and never returned.

I feel like people who are saying they didn’t rate Luko in the backline barely watched him. Was one of the highest meters gained players in the comp and more often than not was hitting kicks that not many other people could.

And now we desperately need to partner for King so he’s going forward and managed to kick 2 goals on the weekend despite getting burnt multiple times when he was free inside 50, to kick it to a pack, which probably cost us the game.

I’ve got no doubt if he has the full season there, he’s going to have games where he kicks a few bags.
Careful. You sound like knightmare.

Kid hasn't worked out. Nowhere near his original draft range in value. You would bite ports hand off for an early 20s pick.

Kid is soft flanker ... Ryan Burton LTE

Watts should’ve always been a quarter back type player. Was a point guard in basketball and the quarterback type role Salem played would’ve suited Watts. Still, this is also a role that isn’t implemented that well in weaker sides where there is less flow, and more focus on individual efforts (where everyone is chasing a kick for the sake of getting a kick). Jack Watts was a good footballer played out of position.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Watts was tried in every position. Roos gave him every opportunity to show that he wanted be a player. But enjoyed partying and didn't want it enough.

Lukosius does have the on field traits so far. Needs to work harder and get fitter which I think he can. Being a good kick can't be your only asset.

Careful. You sound like knightmare.

Kid hasn't worked out. Nowhere near his original draft range in value. You would bite ports hand off for an early 20s pick.

Kid is soft flanker ... Ryan Burton LTE
You sound like Kane Cornes writing off kids years before they reach their potential.

Last year was 20 years old and averaged 20 touches, 8 marks, 4.5 score involvements and 600+ Metres gained at 195cm in one of the worst teams in the comp and hasn’t worked out because why?

Ryan Burton isn’t fit to tie Luko’s shoe laces

Jack is turning into a solid AFL player, which is along way from the highly touted draftee. GCS for what ever reason seem to torch these high profile draftees who never seem to reach their full potential.. Jaeger Omera, Jack Martin, Harley Bennell, Lukoscious, Rankine... Rowell & Andrerson appear to be bucking the trend and you hope for the franchise they kick on to becoming All Australian quality players in a few years a long with Max King.

You sound like Kane Cornes writing off kids years before they reach their potential.

Last year was 20 years old and averaged 20 touches, 8 marks, 4.5 score involvements and 600+ Metres gained at 195cm in one of the worst teams in the comp and hasn’t worked out because why?

Ryan Burton isn’t fit to tie Luko’s shoe laces
Trying to smash a poster for underrating a player and then ending your post by underrating a player even worse.

Yeah that’s probably fair, I don’t mind Burton but he is 4 years older, played in some much better sides and is a completely different to Luko, so the comparison in the first place makes no sense
They both play goodish footy on a HBF. Both drafted as talls. Both have good penetrating kicks. Both not all that physical.

No one is giving up good draft capital for 1 weapon HBFs that don't break lines, are not accountable and are not defensively inclined.

Watched him play us last year. Got a fair bit of easy footy off HB. Looked good until you realise his direct opponents was Dylan Moore who was running around racking it up and kicking goals.

Just an opinion mate. If I'm wrong, Adelaide or port will hand over their first rounder and you will be stoked.

Agree that Luko is being underrated by folks in here. Give him a full season in the forward line before making any real judgement IMO. He's still only 21. I agree with the Watts comparisons to a point, but he reminds me more of a matured Watts before the injuries took hold of his career. Much higher ceiling.

Could be an absolute weapon at a club with most of the pieces of the puzzle already in place. GC are getting there.

I also don't think the CHB vs CHF argument is as simple as its being made out to be. Gun key forwards are the most valuable commodities in the game along with dominant midfielders, but look at the backlines of Premiership teams of the last half a decade. Heck, you can even go as far back as Hawthorn's dynasty team. All of those backlines (barring arguably the Bulldogs in 2016) have been stacked with gun defenders and creative and skilled ball users.

I'd still give Luko this full season in forward line, but it's not like all hope is lost with him if that doesn't work out.

They both play goodish footy on a HBF. Both drafted as talls. Both have good penetrating kicks. Both not all that physical.

No one is giving up good draft capital for 1 weapon HBFs that don't break lines, are not accountable and are not defensively inclined.
Disagree with the comments about burton not being accountable or defensively inclined or that he’s a 1 weapon player.

He’s probably ports best 2 way defender. He takes our shutdown jobs on small and medium forwards.

Disagree with the comments about burton not being accountable or defensively inclined or that he’s a 1 weapon player.

He’s probably ports best 2 way defender. He takes our shutdown jobs on small and medium forwards.
We have had our differences on these boards but i agree with you 100%. I thought burton was right up there with ports best in the showdown and he is one of your best kicks from what i saw. He is a good player

Para 1 are similarities

Para 2 is luko.

Burton is a better player. More well rounded definitely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inching closer

And the Suns have locked in another key part of their future after signing up Ben King, with talks on Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine heading in the right direction.

Watts was tried in every position. Roos gave him every opportunity to show that he wanted be a player. But enjoyed partying and didn't want it enough.

Lukosius does have the on field traits so far. Needs to work harder and get fitter which I think he can. Being a good kick can't be your only asset.
Yeah, great player but certainly doesn't appear to have the Nick Riewoldt-esque elite tank that draft watchers predicted.

Probably depends on where Port finishes in 2022.

If they finish bottom 6, their first rounder would be enough.

That is overs for Lukosius based on his current output. Not worth more than a pick between 15-20 atm

That is overs for Lukosius based on his current output. Not worth more than a pick between 15-20 atm
Given his "potential" and his output hasn't been terrible especially as a defender i'd probably move it slightly up to the 10-15 range but I feel like that could be a bit steep

0.6 goals, even for an up the ground chf is a pretty poor return.

I think in time he can become a legit chf, but * me if I want my team to pay gcs for lukos potential.

A 3rd rounder putting up lukos numbers this year would be worth a token draft pick.

Obviously luko is worth more, but you’re paying on potential.

What are gcs fans expecting they will get for him?

0.6 goals, even for an up the ground chf is a pretty poor return.

I think in time he can become a legit chf, but fu** me if I want my team to pay gcs for lukos potential.

A 3rd rounder putting up lukos numbers this year would be worth a token draft pick.

Obviously luko is worth more, but you’re paying on potential.

What are gcs fans expecting they will get for him?

Not much right now since Dew can’t pick a position for him.

Played wing today and went down and took kick outs.

Clueless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back