Jack Macrae V Zach Merret

Macrae or Merrett

• Jack Macrae

• Zach Merrett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macrae just works all day he would be a player you would love to play with.

Wouldn't go into a game worried about either of them tbh. Paper stats warriors.

Macrae has 34 score involvements so far this season, more than any other full time mid in the AFL. He not only gets a lot of footy, but he uses it well too.

Macrae has gone to another level this year.

His kicks to Naughton and Bruce for goals yesterday were champagne footy and he’s just an absolute endurance machine.

Agree. He’s becoming more damaging with his disposal. Seems a deliberate change to his game which is great to see. That goal he kicked a week or two back streaming from the pack is something he wouldn’t have done in seasons gone by.

So eth-dog you don’t put stock in AA selectors rating Macrae over Merrett because “they are imbeciles” and think anyone who does is just bias against Essendon.

Given a week and a bit on this, are you coming around to the fact it may be you who has the biased view?

Last edited:
So eth-dog you don’t put stock in AA selectors rating Macrae over Merrett because “they are imbeciles” and think anyone who does is just bias against Essendon.

Given a week and a bit on this, are you coming around to the fact it may be you who has the biased view?
You do realize that the main difference in the poll is that there are about 35 bulldogs fans who've voted for Macrae to about a dozen Essendon who've voted for Merrett?

Also I never said I wasn't biased. I'm saying you are too and so are a bunch of these posters. I find your obsession cute though.

You do realize that the main difference in the poll is that there are about 35 bulldogs fans who've voted for Macrae to about a dozen Essendon who've voted for Merrett?

Also I never said I wasn't biased. I'm saying you are too and so are a bunch of these posters. I find your obsession cute though.
Yep. The club with comprehensively less members is responsible for more than double the votes.

Yep. The club with comprehensively less members is responsible for more than double the votes.
If you actually looked at the poll results, you would realise that it's true.

If you actually looked at the poll results, you would realise that it's true.
There’s about 15/48. Probably the same amount of Essendon supporters voting for Merrett. All it tells you is that neutrals observe Macrae to be better. Once again, this is certainly no slight on Merrett, Macrae has been the most consistent player in the AFL and has upped his output this year with improvements in his kicking.

Back