Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he looked good in the first qtr and a bit. After that though...:drunk:. Nice of the coaches to play him 1 out on Buddy when he's on fire all through the third...:thumbsu:

A least CFC have worked out Madge and Mihocek are not AFL ready as defenders.
Bit harsh mate.
I think what CFC might have learned is that they are not ready to be the leaders of the backline yet.
But I guess you are right, after a long career of 1 game Madge should by now be stepping up and taking the responsibility of being the general down back.

I f****g hate pot shots at new players.

Before Glassy went off with his usual hamstring Madge was actually very impressive.
Imagine if he had Howe, Dunny, Moore and Shaz around him for support.
But he had none of those.
Saying a Cat B rookie is not AFL ready after the circumstances in which he had to play his first game is just mental.

There are times to be critical.
This is not one of them.

Unfortunately a Lamb to the slaughter tonight but thanks to Twiggy McHamstrings, he's gonna get another crack at it next week. Looking forward to seeing how he goes.
Howe back next week
Funny I was originally thinking Cox would be the twiggy, whereas Darcy looked so strong athletic and healthy. but cox proving v strong but still needs to develop game a lot more, if he has it in him.

I thought Madgen was really good early when he got to play on equally as inexperienced Swans. It was only being thrown onto Franklin that stuffed him.

I think he gets a game next week. We probably don't have a choice anyway.

Bit harsh mate.
I think what CFC might have learned is that they are not ready to be the leaders of the backline yet.
But I guess you are right, after a long career of 1 game Madge should by now be stepping up and taking the responsibility of being the general down back.

I f****g hate pot shots at new players.

Before Glassy went off with his usual hamstring Madge was actually very impressive.
Imagine if he had Howe, Dunny, Moore and Shaz around him for support.
But he had none of those.
Saying a Cat B rookie is not AFL ready after the circumstances in which he had to play his first game is just mental.

There are times to be critical.
This is not one of them.
If I could give you 10 likes I would because that is right on the money,no way on earth a 1st gamer should be expected to stand Franklin and then copped s--- when he could not contain him.
It has been a dreadful year for injuries but christ teeing off on a 1st gamer not on.

Posters on BF seem surprised about what happened last night with Madge and Mihocek, both would have been selected with the preconceived possibility that both might be called upon to mind Franklin, whether that was through injury or rotations. They both performed below par last night, not ready yet, no sin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre to put him on Buddy when he was clearly having a good night. He seemed a bit slow but hard to tell, brought in ahead of time due to our ridiculous circumstances.

Posters on BF seem surprised about what happened last night with Madge and Mihocek, both would have been selected with the preconceived possibility that both might be called upon to mind Franklin, whether that was through injury or rotations. They both performed below par last night, not ready yet, no sin!
I think you're reading too much into this. Buddy got his tail up in the first quarter when opposed to Darcy Moore. How many AFL defenders are ready to be thrown onto Buddy when he is on song?

Not quite Brett Gloury v Paul Salmon

Great stuff Madge.

2014-11-16_0105.jpg

You’re soaking in it Madge ...

We have no choice but to play him really really unless Reid or Goldsack are fit sooner than expected.

I thought his first quarter was really good, but was a lamb to slaughter unfortunately when moved to Buddy. In the end though, Buddy kicked 3 goals after half time, and I reckon 2 of them were on Mihocek, so he was hardly killed.

Going to be a baptism of fire for the kid but I don't think he looked totally out of place.

Was impressive, before being asked to take the greatest player of this generation getting silver service from a dominant Swans midfield in his first game after coming from about tenth in line off the Cat B rookie list due to unprecedented injuries.

A bit of perspective, folks.
Not everyone can be as lucky as Frost where the delivery was down the drain or as lucky as Schade where Buddy decided to miss everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back