Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I think all your good work on Madge has been wasted. It might be time to turn your attention elsewhere. That horse has bolted. He's turned into a well-respected player. Who'd have thunk it?

What about Noble? He's another player who started off being unpopular and now, bafflingly, is winning respect. Which might be because he is playing very well in trying circumstances. He is also called John, which should give you something to work with. Good luck with your future endeavours.

This is the same thing that happened to the buckley situation a couple of years back. I'm putting in a heap of groundwork to get him out of the place.... there are dozens of passionate pie supporters all kicking him..... and then NTTAWWT! they all vanish... I''m a little disenchanted. I need to reflect

YouBeauty

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2004
Bottomless Pit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it's always great to see supporters supporting a player but...

Madge still looks like he is trying too hard... it's just way uncool and....

The cool posters on BF are still unconvinced about the Madge. That is the reality and I dont think it will ever change. We need to drop him when Howe comes back
Great football analysis, 'trying too hard and way uncool'. Simpleton. Madge has been great.

Great football analysis, 'trying too hard and way uncool'. Simpleton. Madge has been great.

You've been around since 2004, apparently, so I reckon you should be more attuned to Mark's posting style.

Facetious, not faecal.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

I've seen a lot of people argue that Madge is doing his role effectively. However, there are many of us here on BF who want more from our footballing representatives than just filling the role.... We are looking for swagger. We are looking for some mongrel. I know that, for some reason, I'm the only one who is expressing this view at this time. However, if you look back at the history of this thread, you will see a long list of people who dont like what Madge stands for - not being personal here. We need more Darcy Moores in the team. More Jeremy Howes. More mongrel Bruzzys! I know it doesnt seem important but even the name Bruzzy fills me with pride but a name like Madge just makes me feel like I'm supporting a team of limpdicks. We need to shock and awe our opponents and Madge just doesnt do it for me.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
The Madge and the Noble man.. doing good things.. but fall short of what I'm looking for in our best 6 defenders.. the Madge has a nice boot.. ball doesn't deviate in the air like a Phillips boot.. he chases and harasses.. has showed signs he can change his mind mid decision and look for a better option.. but there's something lacking.. a presence aura pro activeness in his play.. Noble is not too dissimilar.. was under pressure a coupla times in the last and did really well to dispose of the pill nicely.. but for the most part.. when it's time for him to be pro active and create something worthwhile.. we don't get very much from him.. he's fixated on giving the pill off with a dinky lil hand pass or boot..

If we're looking at building a premiership back 6.. I wouldn't be going with em.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Madge and the Noble man.. doing good things.. but fall short of what I'm looking for in our best 6 defenders.. the Madge has a nice boot.. ball doesn't deviate in the air like a Phillips boot.. he chases and harasses.. has showed signs he can change his mind mid decision and look for a better option.. but there's something lacking.. a presence aura pro activeness in his play.. Noble is not too dissimilar.. was under pressure a coupla times in the last and did really well to dispose of the pill nicely.. but for the most part.. when it's time for him to be pro active and create something worthwhile.. we don't get very much from him.. he's fixated on giving the pill off with a dinky lil hand pass or boot..

If we're looking at building a premiership back 6.. I wouldn't be going with em.

wonderful piece of sports journalism re... they are both like diet coke or pepsi max or whatever - it seems like you're getting the full experience collingwood defender but there's a bad after-taste... a feeling that you've been short-changed in some way. The Madge seems to be doing everything right at the moment but you know that lack of presence is going to be his undoing in a big final. They are like buying cheap rolex copies in bali...

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
wonderful piece of sports journalism re... they are both like diet coke or pepsi max or whatever - it seems like you're getting the full experience collingwood defender but there's a bad after-taste... a feeling that you've been short-changed in some way. The Madge seems to be doing everything right at the moment but you know that lack of presence is going to be his undoing in a big final. They are like buying cheap rolex copies in bali...

I’m tipping the opposite is true, and rather than an “ undoing “ there will an inspiring performance in the finals that will finally silence the critics.
Much like 2018 finals silenced the critics of Langdon.

Watching posters eat humble pie is a favourite pastime of many here.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I’m tipping the opposite is true, and rather than an “ undoing “ there will an inspiring performance in the finals that will finally silence the critics.
Much like 2018 finals silenced the critics of Langdon.

Watching posters eat humble pie is a favourite pastime of many here.

I've bagged dozens of players in my time here. I see that as a necessary component of being a passionate collingwood supporter. The fact is not once have i had to change my nick. Not once. I think that gives a pretty good indication of my accuracy.

I cant speak for my fellow Madgen baggers who I havent seen in a while - they must be off posting elsewhere - but we can take it on the chin if we're proved wrong.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've bagged dozens of players in my time here. I see that as a necessary component of being a passionate collingwood supporter. The fact is not once have i had to change my nick. Not once. I think that gives a pretty good indication of my accuracy.

I cant speak for my fellow Madgen baggers who I havent seen in a while - they must be off posting elsewhere - but we can take it on the chin if we're proved wrong.

So I can’t be a passionate supporter unless I BAG players.
I think you are taking the piss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
All the current threads relating to one player are always about calling for them to be dropped or delisted...

Jack's thread has tailed off a bit so I posting this to get the thread up where it belongs...

haydenboii

Senior List
Sep 13, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have loved his improvement this year. Even if it means the end of my favourite player Shaz. Got moved onto Sexton after he kicked 3 and kept him goalless. Very reliable now and just keeps it simple. An odd mistake every now and again but that’s understandable.

Last edited:

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
He has been very solid this year and still has improvement in him, came (back) to the game late and still developing. (Expecting basketball reference in the next post or two).

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love when he randomly grabs the ball and charges forward. So much improvement, very surprised.

Used to see it at VFL level. That and his contested and intercept marking. We're now starting to see the dash at senior level. Hopefully that marking aspect emerges soon as well.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another highly rated performance from a seriously underated player

Comes from a Elite family background of gun footballers and basketballers
Built like the side of a barn

Will suprise and may finish top15 Copeland

No suprise to me
Poised
Team player
Tough and competitive

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who does Howe replace when he comes back. Imagine it would be one of Roughead, Madgen, Noble or Quaynor but not sure which one.

All the current threads relating to one player are always about calling for them to be dropped or delisted...

Jack's thread has tailed off a bit so I posting this to get the thread up where it belongs...

Sorry to have let you down again, but I think you might need to wait a while. Maybe until Madge actually plays a poor game? When that happens we promise to demand that he be dropped. Can't be far off now.

mocamagic

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood

I‘ve seen your posts described as satire. Is this correct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back