Player Watch Jack Madgen (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He Tries but I don't see him have much of a Future as a AFL Player.

Skills are Poor and Bad under Pressure
He probably takes the game on more than most of our players, he makes a few mistakes but provides plenty of drive from defence. I think he already is a good player and probably in the top half of the B&F

He’s fine 90% of the time, but the 10% that he’s not, oh boy...

So pretty much what you can reasonably expect from a Cat B rookie selection with 33 senior games under his belt then....

He cost us up to 3 goals today.

He's generally the last person losing a contest or making a blue in a chain of them. Makes him the obvious one to point the finger at, doesn't make him solely responsible more often than not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all fairness, Maynard copped similar flack in his first few seasons too. He often made monumental blunders and still does occasionally.

He's generally the last person losing a contest or making a blue in a chain of them. Makes him the obvious one to point the finger at, doesn't make him solely responsible more often than not.

I've noticed that as well. It's like opposition forwards leave him isolated as the player under the least amount of forward pressure knowing that he will be the loose player making the exit out of our defensive 50 with the least amount of capability.

I've noticed that as well. It's like opposition forwards leave him isolated as the player under the least amount of forward pressure knowing that he will be the loose player making the exit out of our defensive 50 with the least amount of capability.

Some of those yesterday started with mistakes or poor ball use in our F50 and just snowballed as the Tigas do. If he was the only player making these blues in our defence then I could understand the angst. He's been good the last couple of games.

Respect for Madgen, but can't see the sense in playing him. He's 28 or so, and has a massive heart, but he won't be in our next finals team. I'd only play him if injuries mean we have to.

Like now with Moore and Howe out you mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back