Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. But IF we are interested he has to price himself out of our market, yes? Otherwise maybe we will take him. Neither you or him know what we are going to do until pick 2 in the PSD is read out. Nick Stevens anyone?
Not another one to bring up Nick Stevens. Go and have a look at the facts of why he ended up at Carlton and how.

Not another one to bring up Nick Stevens. Go and have a look at the facts of why he ended up at Carlton and how.
Because Collingwood has pick 15? And he wasn’t going to last to pick so he accepted playing at Carlton

Carlton this year have pick 3, what if Jack is going to last past pick 2?

Yeah, another one. Look I don't want him. Not at the price he is asking anyway. So have fun. I don't rate him, but if we can keep you lot on your toes until the night so much the better.

Because Collingwood has pick 15? And he wasn’t going to last to pick so he accepted playing at Carlton

Carlton this year have pick 3, what if Jack is going to last past pick 2?
Nice of you to answer that for your mate, in my opinion Jack Martin is 95% going to Carlton. The other 5% would be Gold Coast, Melbourne have no chance.

Yeah, another one. Look I don't want him. Not at the price he is asking anyway. So have fun. I don't rate him, but if we can keep you lot on your toes until the night so much the better.
Once again, it's not Melbourne keeping us on our toes, it's Gold Coast.

Once again, it's not Melbourne keeping us on our toes, it's Gold Coast.

Agreed. It seems we asked, were told no, and are now looking at other things. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even use the PSD 2 pick. GC on the other hand can probably afford to play hardball on it.

Nice of you to answer that for your mate, in my opinion Jack Martin is 95% going to Carlton. The other 5% would be Gold Coast, Melbourne have no chance.
I agree that he’s unlikely to get selected by Melbourne.

As I’ve said earlier though, I can’t see Gold Coast not selecting him if the reason they didn’t trade him was to make a stand so other clubs don’t keep coming after their players for cheap.

That’s why I reckon a one deal will get him to free agency and if he still wants to leave, GC will get a compo pick for him

I agree that he’s unlikely to get selected by Melbourne.

As I’ve said earlier though, I can’t see Gold Coast not selecting him if the reason they didn’t trade him was to make a stand so other clubs don’t keep coming after their players for cheap.

That’s why I reckon a one deal will get him to free agency and if he still wants to leave, GC will get a compo pick for him
On current form what compo pick do you think?

How short sighted is this comment, you are basically opening up your club to lowball offers for any out of contract blues player moving forward and won’t have a leg to stand on

please make it happen it will be delicious
Well you won’t have worry about lowball offers no one will want to go to Gold Coast

On current form what compo pick do you think?
Well it’s based on wage and contract, if it is the $600k for 4 years it’s either band 1 or 2, I’m not too sure on the AFL’s secret rules, but being the Gold Coast I reckon they’ll get band 1

Sorry for me? He was never on Melbourne’s radar, more sorry for you if he doesn’t get to Carlton.

No one said Eddie isn’t a leader, just saying if Melbourne do select we have leaders in place for Martin

Contradicting yourself you said never on Melbounes radar then saying may select which is it

This thread has said $600k a year, apparently he knocked back $700k from the bulldogs, Carlton supporters have said earlier bump his price to $900k over 2 years to outbid Melbourne.

But I’ll admit none of us know what his wage demands are. It was reported Melbourne were offering $500k a year to Jamie Elliot, so if it’s 500k a year, Melbourne could match I suppose.

I have no idea on his feelings towards Melbourne, I doubt he has any. Melbourne is a club he has never been at, I doubt he is for or against it. My opinion is though if he gets selected by Melbourne on the same wage as he would get at Carlton it wouldn’t be an issue. Melbourne have one of the leagues indigenous leaders at the club and one of his mates just accepted an invitation to train at the club.

So much for it being a fact...

Last we heard Jack wants to get to Carlton and has no interest in Melbourne. If that holds, salary will not matter, as the Demons will not select a player who doesn't want to be there.

As for he and Bennell being mates, is this actually true, or another 'fact' you are going with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contradicting yourself you said never on Melbounes radar then saying may select which is it
They weren’t prepared to trade for him so he wasn’t on their radar during the trade period, so he was never a player they prepared to have at the club next year.

I’m not sure if he is or isn’t in their plans to select him in the draft if he’s available. If they don’t select him, I guess he was never really in their radar.

So much for it being a fact...

Last we heard Jack wants to get to Carlton and has no interest in Melbourne. If that holds, salary will not matter, as the Demons will not select a player who doesn't want to be there.

As for he and Bennell being mates, is this actually true, or another 'fact' you are going with?
The wage was really irrelevant to conversation I was having with Skullface. He was saying Martin would not get a game at top 8 club or even be best 22 at Carlton next year. I was saying yes he would be and was using the reported on he contract he was being offered as Carlton disagree with him. Regardless of contract, Carlton want him as a best 22 player and player they hope will help them get back into the top 8. They aren’t recruiting him to play at the Bullants.

Do you agree Martin would be a best 22 player at a top 8 club?

I’m going off Instagram my trusty source, they still have regular activity on their together suggesting they were mates.

Comparing that to Steven May and Martin, they also follow each other on insta but have very little activity together, they have some but very little suggesting they get along but weren’t the best of buddies.

I’m not saying Martin and Harley are best mates, but I’m fairly sure they are mates

Do you agree Martin would be a best 22 player at a top 8 club?

Martin would get a game at most clubs, if not every club, in the competition.

Though that would at this stage be on talent alone, rather than any consistency he has shown to date.

According to the AFL website there were 99 players out of 703 that got paid $600k or more. Divide just across 18 clubs it’s 5.5 players per club on $600k or more. Martin would become one the top 6 paid players at the club on that wage. I’ll back he’d be in the best 22 game 1
600k but you just said he would be on 550k, make up your mind.

600k but you just said he would be on 550k, make up your mind.
What? I said 600k from what others (Carlton supporters were saying earlier in this thread), I’ve never said $550k. Regardless Carlton are recruiting Jack to play at Bullants, Jack is agreeing to come to Carlton to play in the VFL. He is a best 22 player that Carlton would want in their finals side if they make it

What? I said 600k from what others (Carlton supporters were saying earlier in this thread), I’ve never said $550k. Regardless Carlton are recruiting Jack to play at Bullants, Jack is agreeing to come to Carlton to play in the VFL. He is a best 22 player that Carlton would want in their finals side if they make it
You said 2.2mil over 4 years a dozen times now, you do the math and get back to me.

You said 2.2mil over 4 years a dozen times now, you do the math and get back to me.
Fair to say I’m no mathematician.

Point though was Jack will be a best 22 player at Carlton, they aren’t recruiting him for the VFL side

Can't imagine what happen to Carlton fan here if GCS really draft Martin in PSD.

Martin has shown that he changes his mind over where he wants to play, last year he was apparently desperate to get to Essendon and only wanted to play for them. So it's a definite chance.

Would also love it to happen to see them all melt

Martin has shown that he changes his mind over where he wants to play, last year he was apparently desperate to get to Essendon and only wanted to play for them. So it's a definite chance.

Would also love it to happen to see them all melt
Or come out with another excuses, we don't actually need him anyway, just like not getting trade done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back