Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am here because I am worried my club might do something stupid and pay for a guy that's achieved zero in 6 seasons and heading towards the delist pile.
Paying $500k/$600k p.a. for a guy heading to the delist pile OK with you? That's the reported contract value.

Bloody hell, some people in here actually putting out there they think Martin was going to be delisted have no idea, and just buy into the hyperbole around the Suns. The bloke has finished 3rd in our BnF twice when we had May and Lynch playing for us, uber skilled player who just hasn't come on. He won't be playing in the VAFA anytime soon I wouldn't have thought.

The statements of it WILL be a pick between x and y are hilarious, none of us know so it’s ALL opinion

Happens in every trade thread, every year; posters act as if they are actually the ones trading. Just weird.

A select few GC posters will expect (demand) a good first rounder and a select few Blues posters will offer s**t with the threat of Martin going in the draft. Realistically IMHO... an OoC, out of favour, agitated Martin will be traded for a pretty fair outcome, which is something around the mark of pick 22-30ish unless some kind of equitable player swap or combo can be arranged (unlikely IMO).

After the trade is likely done, those extreme fringe posters from both sides will disappear, leaving everyone else to discuss how the deal was probably fair and crossing their fingers that their side ends up winning the trade with what they got...

Paying $500k/$600k p.a. for a guy heading to the delist pile OK with you? That's the reported contract value.

Average AFL wage is around $380k. Martin is clearly above average in the talent department... hardly a huge salary and one that Carlton of all clubs can EASILY afford and in all honesty, probably need to start paying to a Martin or two or three....

Bloody hell, some people in here actually putting out there they think Martin was going to be delisted have no idea, and just buy into the hyperbole around the Suns. The bloke has finished 3rd in our BnF twice when we had May and Lynch playing for us, uber skilled player who just hasn't come on. He won't be playing in the VAFA anytime soon I wouldn't have thought.
A player who wants out of your club

You know the average afl wage is over 400k now yeah?

Including finishing top 3 in the B&F
That says more about your club then him as a player

Leave the lubricants at home, no need after this Papley deal....
I don't much care if we lose macreadie for a bag of chips, can't see him forcing his way into our backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns have been as competitive as your mob over recent years so are you saying anyone that has finished in your top 3 is rubbish?

Silly comment

I didn’t see where the poster said Martin was rubbish, just that finishing third in a bottom club’s BnF isn’t a great achievement. Ed Curnow for example, isn’t more valuable because he finished third in Carlton’s BnF.

The Suns have been as competitive as your mob over recent years so are you saying anyone that has finished in your top 3 is rubbish?

Silly comment
Carlton's top 10 over the past few years contains Cripps and then a bunch of old blokes.

Cripps
Murphy
Gibbs
Kruezer
Simpson
Curnow
Wright
Kerridge
Liam Jones
Sam Rowe

Charlie Curnow made it one year
Fisher made it one year

I think this year some of the young talent will finally make a bit of an impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back