Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

With all talk about Martin underachieving, consider that the guy was used to fill holes and played forward, mid and back.

If he played midfield his stats would have looked a lot better.

If he played forward only he would have kicked more goals.

Therefore, his stats are underwhelming but for he is a structural player.

The ability to play multiple roles is gold and gives teams a lot of flexibility.

Pick 8 is a little too much and 2020 second round is too little.

wasnt there news of like 3-4 clubs wanting to downgrade their early pick not long ago? thats evidence of this draft class being weak
The clubs wanting to split their picks are clubs who want to trade in multiple players in during the trade period.

Next years draft is considered to be weakest in a decade. At last years U16 Championships, SA won, WA finished second, and the two Vic teams played off for the wooden spoon.

SA weren’t particularly strong, certainly not boasting the type of talent that saw them win the 2016 U16 championship and 2018 U18 championship.

Then you add in all the NGA, Northern Academy, and father son kids. Out of the 50 selected to play in this years U17 futures game, 17 are tied to clubs through academy and fs.

So a pick under 20 is bonkers but you say his worth is about pick 40. Umm yeah ok champ
Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I said if Papley is worth 8 Martin is worth 40 in response to the poster who had them at comparable value.

In another of my posts I offered pick 21 if we got it from FA compo, compare the pair.

The clubs wanting to split their picks are clubs who want to trade in multiple players in during the trade period.

Next years draft is considered to be weakest in a decade. At last years U16 Championships, SA won, WA finished second, and the two Vic teams played off for the wooden spoon.

SA weren’t particularly strong, certainly not boasting the type of talent that saw them win the 2016 U16 championship and 2018 U18 championship.

Then you add in all the NGA, Northern Academy, and father son kids. Out of the 50 selected to play in this years U17 futures game, 17 are tied to clubs through academy and fs.
Next year is very compromised. Clubs are going to have a tough sell for their future picks.

Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I said if Papley is worth 8 Martin is worth 40 in response to the poster who had them at comparable value.

In another of my posts I offered pick 21 if we got it from FA compo, compare the pair.
OK since you got comprehension problem, I reluntantly take casboult for Martin.

Should be a early to mid second rounder in a trade. Carlton would be paying for his potential even then. GCS unrealistic if they think they can get a first for a bloke whos reputation surpasses his output.
If you want to talk about clubs been unrealistic you clearly haven’t been looking at the Daniher thread where your mob want the world for a guy that hasn’t played in 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carlton currently have picks 8, 39 & 44 in the 2019 draft. carlton expect to be much better next year. Any 2020 pick is going to be heavily diluted by the 17+ academy/father-son picks that are currently listed in the best 40 odd 17 year olds, eligible for drafting in 2020. carlton's 2020 2nd rounder, based on carltons own expected ladder position and the plethora of academy/father-son picks, is likely to be around mid/late-30's.

Jack Martin is worth a hellavuia lot more than a pick in the late 30's,early 40's. Tricky little deal for carlton this one.

Pick 39 and Casboult for Martin.
Martin OOC and playing NEAFL, GC can’t expect much more.
For a player, heavily courting by 3 clubs, I disagree. All 3 clubs know his talent, hence the reported deal around $500/$600k p.a. That's enough for GC to expect more than a pick in the 'crap shoot' range + a fringe player. carlton have to get creative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back