Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Everybody knew you get stuck on papley deal, in no way GCS going to take your future second or Sydney second. Moving up draft table is GCS main aims with pick 16 and 20 already with us. Four pick inside 20 for kids is good enough.

Alternative deal

GCS pick 20 and Martin for pick 9.
Sydney with academy kid next year may prefer your future first than pick 9 if they not going to get daniher done this year.

That looks like a starting point

There is talk we may split pick 9, as other clubs have a need for an earlier pick too

Think we’d consider 15 and Martin for next years 1st.

Consider ? You should jump at it

Looking at the amount of academy kids in next years draft if Carlton finish 10 and have pick's 9/10 with the inclusions of Betts / Papley / Martin
2019 pick #15 could be around the same number as 2020 pick 10 plus from what the guys on the junior forum's are posting next year's quality is even lower than 2019.

Grab it imo

That looks like a starting point

There is talk we may split pick 9, as other clubs have a need for an earlier pick too
Carlton Future second worth nothing next year could end up pick 35. Carlton can't expect to climb up the table and still want insurance if they do badly next year. If Carlton great next year you future could be pick 12-18 like Brisbane and with academy pick could end up 18-25 which is Martin value anywhere. No what if Carlton do badly. With Betts, Papley and Martin if you look from GCS point of view, future second is 32- 42 range.

Last edited:
Carlton Future second worth nothing next year could end up pick 35. Carlton can't expect to climb up the table and still want insurance if they do badly next year. If Carlton great next year you future could be pick 12-18 like Brisbane and with academy pick could end up 18-25 which is Martin value anywhere. No what if Carlton do badly. With Betts, Papley and Martin if you look from GCS point of view, future second is 32- 42 range.

And if we remain s**t a future first could be 1-3. Need something heavy coming back to make it worth the risk.

And if we remain s**t a future first could be 1-3. Need something heavy coming back to make it worth the risk.
Dont think Carlton will be worse than 2019
Papley,Martin,Betts and Ruck backup in pittonet as well as another year into all the youngsters at the club anywhere from 7-10 is my opinion with a few teams looking like falling down. Carlton really should be challenging for the 8 in 2020

Think this one may struggle to get done if GC hold out for a first round pick outright. I can absolutely see SOS and co. walking away.

There is the tricky situation of having a player commit to you and not being able to facilitate a trade, however an outright first is over the odds for an OoC Martin and sometimes you've got to know when to fold them, know when to run. I doubt any club except GC thinks Martin is worth that.

I think a deal for Martin will get done tomorrow but not with Carlton.

A few Melbourne club would be willing to hand over a 1st round pick for him in a heartbeat

I think a deal for Martin will get done tomorrow but not with Carlton.

A few Melbourne club would be willing to hand over a 1st round pick for him in a heartbeat

Good joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think this one may struggle to get done if GC hold out for a first round pick outright. I can absolutely see SOS and co. walking away.

There is the tricky situation of having a player commit to you and not being able to facilitate a trade, however an outright first is over the odds for an OoC Martin and sometimes you've got to know when to fold them, know when to run. I doubt any club except GC thinks Martin is worth that.
The Martin deal will get done and i think both clubs are pretty close to the value but getting that value is whats taking the time
Papley trade needing to get sorted prior to Martin imo but if Papley doesnt get done then they will just do the Martin deal with no fuss

I was thinking something like Martin + 20 for a first rounder?

With the picks being so fluid for clubs depending on deals hard to know what that first rounder would actually be, luckily not my job to chase that up.

I'm thinking the same thing. Probably nned our Pick 43 back or a future 3rd if you won't use it this year.

If we finish 11th, it values Martin at 18. Lower and Suns get overs, higher and we pay unders.

Excellent Gold Coast finally sending a message that they're not going to be robbed by Melbourne clubs any more, you want a player, you pay correct value. Line in the sand moment if they stick to it. SOS got his work cut out now, other clubs are circling, hope Martin has his phone with him!

Excellent Gold Coast finally sending a message that they're not going to be robbed by Melbourne clubs any more, you want a player, you pay correct value. Line in the sand moment if they stick to it. SOS got his work cut out now, other clubs are circling, hope Martin has his phone with him!
Ridiculous comment.

This is amateur hour from the Suns.

With Ah chee deal done with future second , pick 1 pre season is allocated for Martin.

Excellent Gold Coast finally sending a message that they're not going to be robbed by Melbourne clubs any more, you want a player, you pay correct value.

Except that almost everyone, including every media commentator I've heard, don't think he's worth the first round pick the Suns are actually asking.

Except that almost everyone, including every media commentator I've heard, don't think he's worth the first round pick the Suns are actually asking.
He is worth gcs pre Season pick 1.. And worth more than ah chee. No guarantee nexr year Carlton could do a Brisbane move up the ladder.

Player is uncontracted and wants out of club and former club threatens to redraft him.

AFLPA and players won't like that look or action.

Massively spiteful for an uncontracted player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back