Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Before trade end I already told many Carlton fan don't waste time he will go to ND draft or PSD, Blues fan here said BS GCS don't dare to . Who is BS now. Could just have few post instead of all this don't dare to send him to the draft so called fact.

Academy Access
The Gold Coast SUNS will also receive expanded Academy player access for 3 years including:

• Provision of the Darwin region as an Academy zone.
  • Ability to pre-sign Gold Coast SUNS Academy players (including those from Darwin) without bidding.
  • Increased rookie list, up to 10 players
So they could get 4-5 free players without using a draft pick? Do you know how crazy that is? So before the draft they just inform the afl which academy players they want and they get them instantly

I cannot understand the ‘2nd and 3rd round picks are useless to the Gold Coast’ argument.

These are FUTURE selections, and don’t have to be finalised until next year, meaning they have the option of trading them for experienced players.

Why couldn’t they use the third rounder next year to bring another Jarrod Witts in? Who says they wouldn’t draft another Touk Miller with the second rounder?

No other club in the league has the same nonchalance with regards to turfing or ignoring useable assets.

So they could get 4-5 free players without using a draft pick? Do you know how crazy that is? So before the draft they just inform the afl which academy players they want and they get them instantly
Yes, that is the reason I said GCS will send Martin to draft. You guys don't read afl.com.au at all and went all over the place in the head like a mad person and then point the finger at other don't know how to read or understand the article.

Yes, that is the reason I said GCS will send Martin to draft. You guys don't read afl.com.au at all and went all over the place in the head like a mad person and then point the finger at other don't know how to read or understand the article.
Gill might as well give you guys a 4 goal headstart every week...ridiculous concessions for a club who have no one else to blame. Cocaine culture and abhorrent list management...here is a massive handout. No wonder Martin wants out

Gill might as well give you guys a 4 goal headstart every week...ridiculous concessions for a club who have no one else to blame. Cocaine culture and abhorrent list management...here is a massive handout. No wonder Martin wants out
Martin is all Clayton and previous management pick. I am not surprise he want out at all. Is like peoples should not blame or expect new Adelaide coach too much because of previous Ffck up. Craig Cameron is from GWS, even he said the over payment by Clayton is so bad that GCS just need to offload schrimshaw, Hall, Lyons, KK without any good return pick.

Last edited:
“Chips”. We offered up a perfectly reasonable trade.

I read the other day that a guy walked off the job the minute he found out he’d won Tatts; perfectly prepared to spend 8hrs a day plying his trade for what most consider a fair wage, until all that free bounty landed in his lap, whereupon the wage became worthless to him.

The AFL created an inflation bubble at GCS, where draft currency means less for them than it does other clubs.

I read the other day that a guy walked off the job the minute he found out he’d won Tatts; perfectly prepared to spend 8hrs a day plying his trade for what most consider a fair wage, until all that free bounty landed in his lap, whereupon the wage became worthless to him.

The AFL created an inflation bubble at GCS, where draft currency means less for them than it does other clubs.
So far GCS still get other deal done with other club except Carlton.

Out of contract GCS and other club players will not nominate Carlton in the future.

2nd point is absolute rubbish, players are told what to do by their managers and both Papley & Martin's managers know we put up fair and reasonable deals (and any manager for that matter). This will have no impact on any players wanting to nominate us in the future

Before trade end I already told many Carlton fan don't waste time he will go to ND draft or PSD, Blues fan here said BS GCS don't dare to . Who is BS now. Could just have few post instead of all this don't dare to send him to the draft so called fact.

Well if that was your club's intention from the start, speaks volume as to how they want to conduct business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far GCS still get other deal done with other club except Carlton.

Brisbane will have what pick 12 in the PSD? Could’ve taken a “stand” on Ah Chee who is similarly talented and much younger, moving to a club playing finals.

Instead you tried to take a stand on one of the only VIC clubs that haven’t actually burnt you, and now we’ll most likely benefit from it.

Well done I guess. Stand noted.

Out of contract GCS and other club players will not nominate Carlton in the future and rather take 10k-20k less.

I doubt that’s the case. Martin’s manager spoke highly of Carlton after the trade period. Not sure he’d be feeling the same abt GCS and their threats to redraft his client who clearly doesn’t want to be there.

SOS usually gets his trades done. Had Papley worked out, but Dodo wouldn’t play ball with the Swans. I’m sure his reputation is as it was before the trade period - will cut a fair deal but won’t be bent over.

Not here to discuss whatever happened at any club prior to 2019. If you want to have that kind of discussion take it to PMs or something.

Gold Coast might not have a big supporter group to stand up for themselves here but that doesn't mean you get to talk s**t about their club.

Have some respect and quit the trolling.
Finally some sense in the echo chamber.

It's a shame to have my posters try to branch out onto the main board only to get dog piled on and shouted down by mass numbers and a 140 year head start.

If we were such an unhappiness factory we wouldn't have resigned so many players in the last year, Surely the 15+ players that put pen to paper all were not experiencing the effects of Stockholm syndrome right? If Gold Coast was such a terrible place to be, Ben King wouldn't have re-signed with us till 2022.

Jack Martin is one of the last few remaining dregs of what the club used to be, I'll be happy to see him gone.

Out of contract GCS and other club players will not nominate Carlton in the future and rather take 10k-20k less.
mate if you paid attention to what both their managers said, they basically mention how hard carlton tried to get them both and literally couldnt of done any more to get them, they both spoke glowingly about the club, and how good they were to them, so what you said is just complete bullshit

It's a shame to have my posters try to branch out onto the main board only to get dog piled on and shouted down by mass numbers and a 140 year head start.

If we were such an unhappiness factory we wouldn't have resigned so many players in the last year, Surely the 15+ players that put pen to paper all were not experiencing the effects of Stockholm syndrome right? If Gold Coast was such a terrible place to be, Ben King wouldn't have re-signed with us till 2022.

Jack Martin is one of the last few remaining dregs of what the club used to be, I'll be happy to see him gone.

Martin has requested a trade 2 years in a row now and you’ve resisted both times, and now you’re threatening to redraft him on an inflated contract. Must be such a dreg.

Well if Jack Martin is a dreg that would make the club that made him into a dreg the dregs of the competition.

Talented players want good remuneration and to play footy on center stages with passionate crowds over 10,000 and be part of strong historical establishment.
Nothing will change, no matter the posturing by the Suns or over regulation by AFL will stem the flow of talented youngsters away from a nascent team.
At for another decade.

“Chips”. We offered up a perfectly reasonable trade.

Martin is not just like any other player in the draft pool. He has avenues to get away from GC.

Tell me what options Jack has beyond any other player in the draft pool? Setting a financial figure? That’s it, and GC can choose to match it. I certainly would. The deal GC offered 15 for 9 was very fair - a second and 3rd rounder just means you don’t value jack as much as GC do. Hopefully like hell they redraft him. Clubs have targeted their players unmercifully and it’s just absolute BS.

Tell me what options Jack has beyond any other player in the draft pool? Setting a financial figure? That’s it, and GC can choose to match it. I certainly would. The deal GC offered 15 for 9 was very fair - a second and 3rd rounder just means you don’t value jack as much as GC do. Hopefully like hell they redraft him. Clubs have targeted their players unmercifully and it’s just absolute BS.
Are you by any chance reacting to him rejecting your club? just asking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back