Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton played Fremantle after the train was put back on track. It was absolutely intentional, next time you see Chris Judd ask him how he felt about it.

Jack Martin is another elite player Cartlon will have for next season for free, it's a massive win.

We were dreadful last year, hence our bottoming out and some truly deplorable performances especially later in the season. This is due in part to how deep we cut the list, and we always knew that this would be a risk and would be compounded by injuries to key players. Trading Gibbs and then losing Docherty over the pre-season was the perfect storm for a shocking 2018.

We were then advised by the AFL that they’d consider giving us a priority pick if we applied for it. We applied for it and they swiftly knocked us back and gave us access to state leaguers instead. The situation was orchestrated by the AFL, who wanted to give the Gold Coast some extra assistance, but could not provide them with elite picks as they’d have to fling us the same due to our equally poor performance, so they compromised.

Internally we knew 2018 was an abberation and showed the splintered development of the squad, rather than pointing to some overarching problem.

I didn't say tanking. That's a scary bad word in the AFL.

I said Carlton were intentionally and knowingly under performing with key senior players bumped to secondary roles with a view to them getting extra assistance from the AFL.

A lot of clubs have done this by the way. The AFL don't actually care unless it costs them money or makes them lose face in the media.

Carlton had slipped from 6th most revenue in 2017 to 8th in 2018, the AFL doesn't want to have another club in Melbourne that is getting by on lifeboat handouts, so the show is put back on track.

Well then, I do apologise for underestimating the depth of your ignorance.
The irony of your comment isn't lost on me. You're projecting what should be directed towards your club to me because you're not reading between the lines of what I'm saying since it disagrees with the rationalisation you've put in place in your mind.

Carlton played Fremantle after the train was put back on track. It was absolutely intentional, next time you see Chris Judd ask him how he felt about it.

Jack Martin is another elite player Cartlon will have for next season for free, it's a massive win.
Jack Martin could be elite, he's not there yet.

I didn't say tanking. That's a scary bad word in the AFL.

I said Carlton were intentionally and knowingly under performing with key senior players bumped to secondary roles with a view to them getting extra assistance from the AFL.

A lot of clubs have done this by the way. The AFL don't actually care unless it costs them money or makes them lose face in the media.

Carlton had slipped from 6th most revenue in 2017 to 8th in 2018, the AFL doesn't want to have another club in Melbourne that is getting by on lifeboat handouts, so the show is put back on track.

The irony of your comment isn't lost on me. You're projecting what should be directed towards your club to me because you're not reading between the lines of what I'm saying since it disagrees with the rationalisation you've put in place in your mind.
So not tanking but intentionally performing poorly to get higher draft picks.....I'd put down your phone for the day

So not tanking but intentionally performing poorly to get higher draft picks.....I'd put down your phone for the day

Yeah, I wouldn’t even bother.

Bolton lost his job and income on purpose?
Carlton’s masterplan was give the Crows pick one all along?
A club throwing away a whole season chasing priority picks suddenly stops and says “yeah nah, let’s win a few”?
The AFL were gonna give Carlton priority picks? Lol. What’s the day in between Sunday and Monday called again?

Must be raining bricks over in Freo today.

Don’t even bother.

Bolton tanked his job on purpose?
A club throwing away a whole season chasing priority picks suddenly stops and says “yeah nah, let’s win a few”?
The AFL were gonna give Carlton priority picks? Lol. What’s the day in between Sunday and Monday called again?

All rational stuff hey! It's the classic response for an opposition fan who vaguely follows others clubs from a distance but assumes to know the inner intentions and development of the club more than fans who follow them day in day out

Don’t even bother.

Bolton tanked his job on purpose?

What was the difference between the AFL's view of Gold Coast and Carlton before round one this season? What had the AFL done for those two clubs specifically in the trade period a few months before that?

Carlton would have been looking at a priority pick in this draft just like Gold Coast received.

What was the difference between the AFL's view of Gold Coast and Carlton before round one this season? What had the AFL done for those two clubs specifically in the trade period a few months before that?

Carlton would have been looking at a priority pick in this draft just like Gold Coast received.
Hey mod. Move on. This has nothing to do with Carlton acquiring Jack Martin.

Damn you lot at Melbourne are spikey about a player who doesn't want to come to your club

But I'm not. Others might be, but I don't rate him higher than B grade with a bit of potential. Probably closer to C on what he has showed. Certainly not worth paying him the $$$'s he wants, and which would put him in the top 8 highest paid at the club. I'm pretty OK with Langdon, Tomlinson and (the see what happens) Bennell that have come across. Martin.. meh. Even if he wanted to come or we did pull the trigger with PSD 2 I'd still feel the same.

But it's all fun and games. With any luck GC take him just to spit in your eye and next year he asks to go to Richmond, or you pay what he asks and is sows discontent in your club.

To me it is win/win as long as we stay out of it.

Alright, we can leave it here then. The same people I talk to about this will smile with how devoted their fans are.

Just as anyone who knows their footy, Carlton fan or otherwise, would crack a smile at this nonsense.

Carlton trading away their future first rounder with the strategy of tanking it to pick one in the hope of maybe, just maybe, getting a very rare and unpredictable priority pick awarded to them at season’s end, likely based on history, to be an end of first rounder at best. Sounds like a cunning plan Baldrick! :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I'm not. Others might be, but I don't rate him higher than B grade with a bit of potential. Probably closer to C on what he has showed. Certainly not worth paying him the $$$'s he wants, and which would put him in the top 8 highest paid at the club. I'm pretty OK with Langdon, Tomlinson and (the see what happens) Bennell that have come across. Martin.. meh. Even if he wanted to come or we did pull the trigger with PSD 2 I'd still feel the same.

But it's all fun and games. With any luck GC take him just to spit in your eye and next year he asks to go to Richmond, or you pay what he asks and is sows discontent in your club.

To me it is win/win as long as we stay out of it.

Sure

Just like SOS held out on trading Gibbs for another year. Can’t cry about what is right for the player but hold others.

Clubs need to do what is right for them.
love when oppo supporters bring up the gibbs debate, the only difference being gibbs pubically stated he was fine staying with carlton an extra year

It’s pretty clear that the industry understands the difference between being contracted or not.

BF posters not not much.
Most people also understand the difference between being un-contracted and being a free agent.

What's that got to do with Jack Martin? He has no contract.
Yes he is un-contracted, he is not a free agent. Do you know the difference between the two?

Yes he is un-contracted, he is not a free agent. Do you know the difference between the two?

Everyone knows the difference

Let's just get back to some facts:

Martin requested a trade to Carlton and still wants to get to the club and due to being uncontracted, now is a free hit

Martin/manager have stated they have no intention of entertaining the Demons, or remaining at GC

Until that changes, you can speculate all you want, but please don't pass it off as fact

I won't even bother answering that stupid question but i can tell you there's no way known that he is worth band 1 compo on current output.
It’s just as stupid talking about Gibbs being contracted imo.

I wasn’t sure what band 1 was, he wound’t get pick 2/band 1

Everyone knows the difference

Let's just get back to some facts:

Martin requested a trade to Carlton and still wants to get to the club and due to being uncontracted, now is a free hit

Martin/manager have stated they have no intention of entertaining the Demons, or remaining at GC

Until that changes, you can speculate all you want, but please don't pass it off as fact
If GC are being serious about making a stand, Martin’s intentions shouldn’t matter.

I’m not sure what fact you think I’m passing on here?

It’s just as stupid talking about Gibbs being contracted imo.

I wasn’t sure what band 1 was, he wound’t get pick 2/band 1

If GC are being serious about making a stand, Martin’s intentions shouldn’t matter.

I’m not sure what fact you think I’m passing on here?
Band 1 is a pick directly after after the clubs first pick, i did say possible pick 2 depends on where Gold Coast finish.

Band 1 is a pick directly after after the clubs first pick, i did say possible pick 2 depends on where Gold Coast finish.
Yes I agree they won’t get that.

Report from Teague is that Jack Martin still wants to get to the football club. Very interesting to see if Gold Coast or Melbourne go against his expressed wishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back