Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry your simple mind couldn’t handle that
lol, you made out something to be far, far more complex than what is!

It's simple to determine an employer/ABN used for the ATO by looking at an employee's payslip.

Players are paid by the clubs not the AFL, despite your convoluted post suggesting the AFL were involved. ;)

lol, you made out something to be far, far more complex than what is!

It's simple to determine an employer/ABN used for the ATO by looking at an employee's payslip.

Players are paid by the clubs not the AFL, despite your convoluted post suggesting the AFL were involved. ;)

I didn’t make it up, I just copied and pasted from the agreement for the clarity of others...... what’s your problem?

Below it says AFL and AFL club

(b)Subject to clause 52, the benefits set out in Schedules A -D, together with the benefits set out in the remainder of this Agreement reflect the total payments and benefits to be made and provided to Players by AFL and AFL Clubs

Maybe in your simple job it’s as simple as a payslip but not all jobs and agreements are simple. My self for example I am a employee of my own consulting company who contracts to an agency who then contract me to a large global company. For all intents and purposes people think I work for that company how ever I don’t. I am an employee of My company and that/my company pays my.

Last edited:
Yep. If Kingy's thinking it lock it in that the Suns will be considering it strongly, too.

“Do they (Gold Coast) need to re-draft Jack Martin to send a message to all players that are either on the list or coming to the Gold Coast Suns, both in this draft and the drafts in the future?” King told SEN Drive. “That you’re just not going to walk out of the place, you’re not just going to get to the destination of your choice."

Yep. If Kingy's thinking it lock it in that the Suns will be considering it strongly, too.

“Do they (Gold Coast) need to re-draft Jack Martin to send a message to all players that are either on the list or coming to the Gold Coast Suns, both in this draft and the drafts in the future?” King told SEN Drive. “That you’re just not going to walk out of the place, you’re not just going to get to the destination of your choice."

Ah yes media opinion

SINGLE ISSUE CANDIDATE

Geez your heavily invested aren't you? Another week and we'll never hear from you again, under that name.

Ah, wisdom from the cheap seats.
You and Kingy both.

This is huge for you! Obsessed! Are Carlton your least favorite team?

I actually want to see the fall out if Gold Coast re-draft him. This whole "re-draft him to make a statement" seems like complete false bravado to me but it will intriguing to see the whole situation play out. If this false bravado does actually provide benefits, Suns would be best placed to make it work, the AFL will provide them salary cap relief and they have so much young talent now with no expectations that the potential waste of list spot won't matter.

Not sure why my fellow Carlton supporters get so touchy on this subject - the potential outcomes are quite interesting because this is such a rare situation.

The Suns would not do it for compo - hell, the AFL might ditch compo picks in 2020.

The primary motivator to taking Martin in the PSD would be to spite Carlton for not trading in good faith.

And pay a player massive overs who two years in a row asked to be traded to two different Melbourne based teams.

Personally think GC has failed a lot of players and staff by not getting their sh!t together. They also failed to negotiate a trade two years in a row.

Why should the player suffer any longer because of the club's failures?

And pay a player massive overs who two years in a row asked to be traded to two different Melbourne based teams.

Personally think GC has failed a lot of players and staff by not getting their sh!t together. They also failed to negotiate a trade two years in a row.

1) Realistically, GCS would only need to pay Martin for one year and then trade him in 2020
2) GCS needs to start playing hardball or they will just continue to be a feeder team for other clubs during the trade/free agency windows. It is unfortunate that Martin has to be dicked around, but you gotta crack some eggs to make an omlette!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two years? he never requested a trade in 2018, and the club said he wasn't up for trade, being under contract. May have enquired interest from Essendon but didn't go very far. So only 1 year a trade fell through.

Surely Lukosius re-signing means the Suns won't/can't take him in the PSD.

Welcome to Carlton, Jack Martin and the Theatre of Dreams at Ikon Park 👍👍👍
Our CEO Mark Evans said there's not much point holding onto him now. About to head to work, so i can't get the quote up but i'm sure someone will post it.

Two years? he never requested a trade in 2018, and the club said he wasn't up for trade, being under contract. May have enquired interest from Essendon but didn't go very far. So only 1 year a trade fell through.

He indicated he wanted to move in 2018. Gold Coast shut that down with a firm no.

12 months later they failed to negotiate a trade with either Carlton or Essendon who showed interest in 2018.

That is two chances to trade a player out. The club failed to do that. They had their chances and didn't take them. That's the facts.

Player indicated over two trade periods he wanted to move.

Gold Coast can make it's 'line in the sand' statement with a player that doesn't give them two trade periods to act. Not Martin's fault the club didn't act so why should he suffer.

Statement by GC today saying its not practical to force a player to stay who doesn't want to be there never mind getting paid $1m a season.

1) Realistically, GCS would only need to pay Martin for one year and then trade him in 2020
2) GCS needs to start playing hardball or they will just continue to be a feeder team for other clubs during the trade/free agency windows. It is unfortunate that Martin has to be dicked around, but you gotta crack some eggs to make an omlette!

Except paying any player $1,000,000 who doesn't want to be there is not realistic.

And they just admitted such.

He indicated he wanted to move in 2018. Gold Coast shut that down with a firm no.

12 months later they failed to negotiate a trade with either Carlton or Essendon who showed interest in 2018.

That is two chances to trade a player out. The club failed to do that. They had their chances and didn't take them. That's the facts.

Player indicated over two trade periods he wanted to move.

Gold Coast can make it's 'line in the sand' statement with a player that doesn't give them two trade periods to act. Not Martin's fault the club didn't act so why should he suffer.

Statement by GC today saying its not practical to force a player to stay who doesn't want to be there never mind getting paid $1m a season.

1. Did GC fail to negotiate a deal or did rival clubs fail to make a satisfactory offer? Chicken or the egg?

2. You should probably not use the word “suffer” in relation to 25yo’s who enjoy $600+k salaries playing footy for a living.

3. The statement by GC’s Mark Evans does not rule out re-drafting Martin.

1. Did GC fail to negotiate a deal or did rival clubs fail to make a satisfactory offer? Chicken or the egg?

2. You should probably not use the word “suffer” in relation to 25yo’s who enjoy $600+k salaries playing footy for a living.

3. The statement by GC’s Mark Evans does not rule out re-drafting Martin.

1. GC failed to look at trading a player whilst under contract. They shut it down. Lost leverage a year later and will likely get nothing now.

2. All depends on what is important to the player. Money or success or being happy where you live and work. Plenty of guys 'suffer' when their partners want to live elsewhere.

3. The statement made is a pretty bloody good indication they will not force him to stay and be paid a fat salary. Common sense and plain logic also say they won't redraft him.

But Gold Coast continue to make poor decisions, so maybe they will make another and waste time and money and force him to stay.

Our CEO Mark Evans said there's not much point holding onto him now. About to head to work, so i can't get the quote up but i'm sure someone will post it.

“It’s a possibility. Whether it’s probable or not ... I don’t think that there’s a lot to be gained sometimes by forcing someone to stay against their will. But there’s still a conversation to be had and a list management decision to be made before we head into draft.” SEN

Except paying any player $1,000,000 who doesn't want to be there is not realistic.

The contract stipulates $3m over 5 years. So $600k a year.

You seem to be very adept at cherry picking information and twisting logic to suit your stance.

3. The statement made is a pretty bloody good indication

No it didn’t. He quite clearly said there’s a possibility.

You’ve gone from absolute certainty to “pretty good indication” in the space of two posts. Keep backing that truck up. Beep beep beep.

No it didn’t. He quite clearly said there’s a possibility.

You’ve gone from absolute certainty to “pretty good indication” in the space of two posts. Keep backing that truck up. Beep beep beep.
Everyone to their own, what i took out of it was that Jack will be at Carlton training next Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back