Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely it holds up. It’s done every day with contract labour hire companies.

Provided he’s being paid the agreed salary and other conditions and the workplace is safe then it’s completely fair and reasonable.

The only thing I’d question is the provision for geographically disadvantaged. As an example an employer can move your office at its discretion, provided it’s within 50km (or some such distance) from your employing office as listed in your contract.
Lol.. those labour hire agreements have mobility and self management rights for the express purpose of avoiding employment relationships that can be found in court. Such restrictions which are at the discretion of the AFL club.. not the AFL arguably create that employment relationship. What is certain is that they are nothing alike

He was coming to your club.
But again, no chance he is or will be or has spoken to May about going to the Demons. He isn't a fan of May

Incorrect. They’ve spoken and Martin remains an option for the Demons. Repeat - there are zero personal issues between May and Martin.

He was coming to your club.
But again, no chance he is or will be or has spoken to May about going to the Demons. He isn't a fan of May
How do you know this?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/martin-long-term-deal-to-get-to-blues-20191111-p539f8.html

Jack Martin has nominated terms for a long-term, big-money contract, terms that are likely to knock other suitors out of the race and land him at Carlton next year.

The out-of-contract Gold Coast player has demanded a five-year deal – on more than $1 million next year – from any club that is to select him in the draft.

As expected, Jack has nominated for the PSD and put a price on his head that will almost certainly rule out the Suns and Demons from taking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He actually put a million a season on his head?

That is actually hilarious.
lol, Carlton can have him for $1M next season. No other club is going to pay that crazy money... if true.

He actually put a million a season on his head?

That is actually hilarious.

You didn't bother reading anything other than the headline, did you?

Looks as though he'll be earning a bit over 600k per season - doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

Jack Martin is an absolute jet and will be a valuable addition, has played 95 games, sublimely skilled just looks easy for Jack.
Hopefully Silvagni lands Henry or Jackson with pick 9 and I reckon Baggers recruitment has being robust this time around.

1 million a season, if he is not a jet I LOL.
I rather get nothing for him and Carlton paid him 1 million.

You didn't bother reading anything other than the headline, did you?

Looks as though he'll be earning a bit over 600k per season - doesn't sound too unreasonable to me.

No I read it and paying him a million in any season is hilarious regardless of what it averages over the contract.

Carlton got bluffed into paying him more.

1 million a season, if he is not a jet I LOL.
I rather get nothing for him and Carlton paid him 1 million.

But, but, we were told we had to pay overs to get quality players to the club.

Anyhow looks like everyone wins with J-Mart headed to Carlton !!!

No I read it and paying him a million in any season is hilarious regardless of what it averages over the contract.

That is a better situation for us, then giving up pick 9 in a solid top 10 (live) draft.

Next year when we can afford to do it?

Not exactly a problem.

It'll be nice though to be paying him less than what he's hopefully worth when we're a better side and needing to pay others coming out of contract.

Nice bluff I guess. :drunk:

No he aint. You couldn't find a more soft and bigger squib in the comp then Martin. Take into account that he was dropped at the end of the year from one of the worst clubs in the decade.

Jet? spare me..

With all due respect, you sound like a jilted lover mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back