Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to deliver when it gets down there so rarely.

I don’t buy that, Gresham, Billings, Cameron at Brisbane, Tippa (when Essendon finished last)al all seem to have a bigger impact more often. He is a good player and perhaps this is the year that he does reach his potential but he has been fairly ordinary so far

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don’t buy that, Gresham, Billings, Cameron at Brisbane, Tippa (when Essendon finished last)al all seem to have a bigger impact more often. He is a good player and perhaps this is the year that he does reach his potential but he has been fairly ordinary so far
Happy to keep him if other complain he is ordinary .

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Probably shouldn't include Cameron then. Brisbane really didn't have a problem getting the ball in to the forward 50.

And for discussions sake, Cameron was traded for pick 12.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably shouldn't include Cameron then. Brisbane really didn't have a problem getting the ball in to the forward 50.

And for discussions sake, Cameron was traded for pick 12.

Still finished as a close to bottom team which suggests other teams were probably getting the ball inside their forward line more.

I also said Martin was probably worth pick 20ish for discussions sake, so me suggesting Cameron does more than Martin would suggest a better pick value.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Still finished as a close to bottom team which suggests other teams were probably getting the ball inside their forward line more.

I also said Martin was probably worth pick 20ish for discussions sake, so me suggesting Cameron does more than Martin would suggest a better pick value.
You're still ignoring the obvious. Gold Coast struggled with forward entries (as well as keeping the ball out of their defensive 50). Both come back to the midfield.

If the midfield can't get the ball in to the forward 50, it doesn't matter how good your forwards are.

Conversely if the midfield can't stop the ball coming in to the defensive 50, it's going to put enormous pressure on the defenders.

Obviously with teams like Gold Coast, Brisbane, Carlton, etc, we have deficiencies across the field, wether that be not enough quality players, or playing young, less experienced players.

Brisbane were very efficient scoring when the ball went in to our forward 50. Unfortunately the opposition were able to get the ball in to their forward 50 more often, because our midfield was regularly beaten to first use of the ball. So it's not always a matter of one team having better forwards, it usually comes back to which ever team has the more dominant midfield that can get first use of the ball more often.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're still ignoring the obvious. Gold Coast struggled with forward entries (as well as keeping the ball out of their defensive 50). Both come back to the midfield.

If the midfield can't get the ball in to the forward 50, it doesn't matter how good your forwards are.

Conversely if the midfield can't stop the ball coming in to the defensive 50, it's going to put enormous pressure on the defenders.

Obviously with teams like Gold Coast, Brisbane, Carlton, etc, we have deficiencies across the field, wether that be not enough quality players, or playing young, less experienced players.

Brisbane were very efficient scoring when the ball went in to our forward 50. Unfortunately the opposition were able to get the ball in to their forward 50 more often, because our midfield was regularly beaten to first use of the ball. So it's not always a matter of one team having better forwards, it usually comes back to which ever team has the more dominant midfield that can get first use of the ball more often.

Not sure where you are trying to take this....

I said he was probably worth pick 20.
Someone said that the ball isn’t in the forward line enough for him to show his potential, I said I don’t buy into that because players from other teams playing in forward lines that would have similar forward line entries perform better on a regular basis. Which is true

Then you start talking about midfields and backlines. That actually has nothing to do with anything I was talking about. So back to Jack Martin. I think he is worth pick 20ish

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not sure where you are trying to take this....

I said he was probably worth pick 20.
Someone said that the ball isn’t in the forward line enough for him to show his potential, I said I don’t buy into that because players from other teams playing in forward lines that would have similar forward line entries perform better on a regular basis. Which is true

Then you start talking about midfields and backlines. That actually has nothing to do with anything I was talking about. So back to Jack Martin. I think he is worth pick 20ish
Nothing wrong with that , pick 20 then pick 20. You can have your opinion bur other can have their . I think he is in pick 8-15 region .

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nothing wrong with that , pick 20 then pick 20. You can have your opinion bur other can have their . I think he is in pick 8-15 region .

Absolutely correct, I threw my value of where he sits and got a response to it of mid to late first rounder and you say 8-15.

So perhaps it’s somewhere between 10 and 20. It’s just my opinion of what I think he is worth. Very interested to see others value.

I might not be the best in judging a players value as I thought McGpvern was worth pick 19 but Adelaide got 13 and McAdam

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I think that is extremely optimistic, unless he really moves forward this year. Though optimistic is about par for the course when discussing your own players here for all of us.

Polec under contract went for pick 11 with pittard and picks going with him.

Young and ah Chee who without double checking stats would be reasonably close to martin went for 4th round picks. Jarman Impey was traded for a pick in the 30’s.

Obviously Martin has more value than ah Chee or young but the point is that the value he has is because of perception not reality. The perception that despite going on to be 24/25 he could improve.

Having said that he may take a step up this season.

Without knowing what he may produce this season, or where he wants to go or how keen they are etc I imagine his value might be in some broad range of 15-30.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think that is extremely optimistic, unless he really moves forward this year. Though optimistic is about par for the course when discussing your own players here for all of us.

Polec under contract went for pick 11 with pittard and picks going with him.

Young and ah Chee who without double checking stats would be reasonably close to martin went for 4th round picks. Jarman Impey was traded for a pick in the 30’s.

Obviously Martin has more value than ah Chee or young but the point is that the value he has is because of perception not reality. The perception that despite going on to be 24/25 he could improve.

Having said that he may take a step up this season.

Without knowing what he may produce this season, or where he wants to go or how keen they are etc I imagine his value might be in some broad range of 15-30.
Everything is perception isn't it , do I think May worth pick 6 ,not really .

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
He'd probably be valued at about 15-20; plenty of potential but he hasn't broken through and the occasional good performance just makes him a kinda difficult sell for anything above 15 and the Suns would be crazy to let him go cheaper thanks to how much they've put into him.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Essendon will be well into him.

I have no idea why as he is not what we need but woop dodoro.

Essendon needs to focus on the draft. All these new players traded in dont seem to be gelling or playing for each other.

One season they are opponents and the next they are team mates.

Almost looks like the ilder guys are waiting for the new receuits on big money to win it for them.

Back