Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Report from Teague is that Jack Martin still wants to get to the football club. Very interesting to see if Gold Coast or Melbourne go against his expressed wishes.

They won't.

But they will try change his mind over the next few weeks, as is their right.

It was good to hear Teague this morning confirm Jack still wants to end up at Carlton. Turns out he's not at all upset or disillusioned with the club for not being able to get a deal done in the trade period.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
If GC are being serious about making a stand, Martin’s intentions shouldn’t matter.

I’m not sure what fact you think I’m passing on here?

Only way GC retain Martin, is him having a complete reversal of his desire to leave GC, which has been ongoing for 12 months

Stop feigning innocence, you have posted conflicting amounts as to what Martin has been offered and bizarrely trying to pass it off as fact

I am tipping, once Martin gets to Carlton, you will become dramatically less active in this thread

Only way GC retain Martin, is him having a complete reversal of his desire to leave GC, which has been ongoing for 12 months

Stop feigning innocence, you have posted conflicting amounts as to what Martin has been offered and bizarrely trying to pass it off as fact

I am tipping, once Martin gets to Carlton, you will become dramatically less active in this thread
Yes he wants to leave the club, fully agree. He’s still up on the Gold Coast though so I don’t think he’s against living up there. All I’ve stated if I’m the Suns and I’m making a stand knowing Jack isn’t against living up there, I’m offering him a one year deal (which will give him free agency next year and the Suns will get compo for him) or we will select you in the draft.

By the way with all the compo picks, draft concessions GC have received, I’m not against them losing Jack for nothing. I’m just looking from their perspective, they’d be stupid to let him walk for nothing.

I’ve only brought what others have stated in this thread as to what Martin has been offered. I’ve stated I do not know what he has been offered and no one else on here does either.

The contract was only brought up because one Carlton poster was saying Jack isn’t good enough to get a game at a top 8 club and wouldn’t be best 22 at Carlton next year. I was just stating Carlton offering a large contract (figures I got from this thread) would disagree. The contract was irrelevant to my argument anyway, Carlton are recruiting Jack to be a best 22 player and they have plans for him to be in the team when they get back to being a top 8 club. Jack isn’t being recruited for the VFL

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Most people also understand the difference between being un-contracted and being a free agent.

Huh? I responded to a suggestion that the situations of a contracted player (Gibbs) and a uncontracted player (Martin) were the same.

Has anyone suggested that GCS are being hypocrites for recruiting Ellis on pretty similar terms as Carlton’s offer to Martin, while the Tigers get one end of second round pick?

I struggle to see the relevance of your comment.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes he wants to leave the club, fully agree. He’s still up on the Gold Coast though so I don’t think he’s against living up there. All I’ve stated if I’m the Suns and I’m making a stand knowing Jack isn’t against living up there, I’m offering him a one year deal (which will give him free agency next year and the Suns will get compo for him) or we will select you in the draft.

By the way with all the compo picks, draft concessions GC have received, I’m not against them losing Jack for nothing. I’m just looking from their perspective, they’d be stupid to let him walk for nothing.

I’ve only brought what others have stated in this thread as to what Martin has been offered. I’ve stated I do not know what he has been offered and no one else on here does either.

The contract was only brought up because one Carlton poster was saying Jack isn’t good enough to get a game at a top 8 club and wouldn’t be best 22 at Carlton next year. I was just stating Carlton offering a large contract (figures I got from this thread) would disagree. The contract was irrelevant to my argument anyway, Carlton are recruiting Jack to be a best 22 player and they have plans for him to be in the team when they get back to being a top 8 club. Jack isn’t being recruited for the VFL

Where Martin is living at the moment has no bearing of where he will be next year

GC have already lost him for nothing, that is stupidity

Where Martin is living at the moment has no bearing of where he will be next year

GC have already lost him for nothing, that is stupidity
Well we don’t know what’s going to play out. GC have not said we are going to let Jack get to his destination.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Newnes? Wasn't he rejected by ST Kilda? Hard times at Carlton.
I am sure you and many others will be rushing here to tell us how bad Martin is once he becomes a Carlton player, amazing how it swings from recruiting champions to spud based on the state of the trade.

Again it's only your speculation
Speculation is you saying GC have already lost him for nothing.

Me saying we don’t know is speculating?

I am sure you and many others will be rushing here to tell us how bad Martin is once he becomes a Carlton player, amazing how it swings from recruiting champions to spud based on the state of the trade.
Will you continue to say Jack is not a best 22 player at Carlton once he gets becomes a Carlton player?

As it stands, Martin is uncontracted and has stated he still wants to play at Carlton, so me saying GC have lost him for nothing is not speculating, it is fact
Fact is he has to enter the Draft where GC can select him.

It is not fact the GC have lost him for nothing yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are fighting a losing battle. As it stands, given the facts, is it more like GC have lost him for nothing, rather than retaining him?
i am not in a battle.

As I said we don’t know.

What you’re saying is not fact as of yet.

These are facts as it currently stands:
-Martin is out of contract
-Martin has requested to go to Carlton.
-Martin is still listed by Gold Coast, he has not been delisted
-Martin has to enter a draft to get to Carlton
-GC can select him in the draft

They are not my opinions, they are facts.

Like I said we don’t know, GC might lose him for nothing, and he gets to Carlton, but currently we don’t know.

I don’t know why you think this is a battle? All I’ve been doing is stating my opinion on what GC should do, and what Melbourne should do if he comes to pick 2. My opinions are not facts there. My opinions are certainly not in a battle, and there is nothing for me to lose

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
i am not in a battle.

As I said we don’t know.

Like I said we don’t know, GC might lose him for nothing, and he gets to Carlton, but currently we don’t know.

I don’t know why you think this is a battle? All I’ve been doing is stating my opinion on what GC should do, and what Melbourne should do if he comes to pick 2. My opinions are not facts there. My opinions are certainly not in a battle, and there is nothing for me to lose
By trying to answer every Carlton poster you have made it a battle.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
i am not in a battle.

As I said we don’t know.

This seems really personal for you. Are you OK? Have Carlton hurt you in the past or something?

By trying to answer every Carlton poster you have made it a battle.
No Carlton posters for some reason think it’s a battle with me, my opinion on what Gold Coast (not my club) should do gets up their nose.

This seems really personal for you. Are you OK? Have Carlton hurt you in the past or something?
No, wouldn’t have thought Carlton have hurt anyone in my lifetime, certainly not me though.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
i am not in a battle.

As I said we don’t know.

Stop deflecting

As it stands, right now, do you believe it is more likely that GC, lose Martin for nothing

Yes or No

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
No Carlton posters for some reason think it’s a battle with me, my opinion on what Gold Coast (not my club) should do gets up their nose.

No, wouldn’t have thought Carlton have hurt anyone in my lifetime, certainly not me though.
Maybe you hate Carlton so much because we stole Brock McLean from you with pick 11.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Was it Mitch Robinson's comment about bruise free football? Is it because despite making a preliminary final in 2018, you finished below us. That must have hurt considering in 2018 Melbourne fans were mocking carlton fans for how bad our rebuild was going and how great yours was. I don't get your investment in this. Seems very anti Carlton related.

Stop deflecting

As it stands, right now, do you believe it is more likely that GC, lose Martin for nothing

Yes or No
I honestly don’t know.

I’ve stated GC would be f***** stupid to let him walk after not getting a trade. They knew they had pick one in the draft so it makes me think they aren’t going to let him walk for nothing. But I don’t know

I’ve also said Melbourne should select him if he’s there at pick 2 and they can afford him. I don’t know if they can though.

If Carlton get him, great for you guys, egg on GC’s face. If Carlton don’t get him, you guys haven’t really lost out.

Maybe you hate Carlton so much because we stole Brock McLean from you with pick 11.
Good old Brock McLean, great Carlton legend.

But no Carlton hate anymore than any other rival club.

I haven’t had a go at Carlton at all in this thread, I haven’t said Carlton and SOS are are stupid for not getting a trade done like others have.

All I’ve stated is what GC and Melbourne should do from those clubs perspective and it’s gotten a few Carlton posters riled up and thinking I’m in some sort of battle with Carlton

One Carlton poster thinks Martin isn’t going to best 22. I was agreeing with the Carlton list management that they are getting a best 22 player in.

Was it Mitch Robinson's comment about bruise free football? Is it because despite making a preliminary final in 2018, you finished below us. That must have hurt considering in 2018 Melbourne fans were mocking carlton fans for how bad our rebuild was going and how great yours was. I don't get your investment in this. Seems very anti Carlton related.
Again I’m not sure what I’ve said anti Carlton at all. Maybe you should read what I’ve been saying.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I honestly don’t know.

I’ve stated GC would be f***** stupid to let him walk after not getting a trade. They knew they had pick one in the draft so it makes me think they aren’t going to let him walk for nothing. But I don’t know

I’ve also said Melbourne should select him if he’s there at pick 2 and they can afford him. I don’t know if they can though.

If Carlton get him, great for you guys, egg on GC’s face. If Carlton don’t get him, you guys haven’t really lost out.

Those splinters must hurt, get off the fence and make a call, rather than constantly hedging

Those splinters must hurt, get off the fence and make a call, rather than constantly hedging
Make a call? I’m not at any of these clubs, I don’t make the calls.

I’m on an Internet forum, I’ve stated what I would do if I was in the position to make those calls.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just do a bit of digging on that fox's sport article, guess what the writer Julia Montesano is a Carlton supporter.
Screenshot_20191106_164430.jpg

Back