Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

I knew he’d go. Was just giving youse all a rev up.

$1 million a year for a C-grade forward flanker to go with drafting a kid with a wrecked knee at pick 17. Blues fans are kings of putting positive spin on ordinary decision making.

Pathetic response to making yourself look like a moron for well over a month now.

Be gone, no need for you in here any more.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Well you are just assuming that Sharp, whom the Suns traded up for, will be a bust (and Cats were very keen on apparently)

Also that pick 11 will likely be bumped back at least 5 or 6 next spots next season with all the Academy picks/bids.

If Sharp can be a regular best 22 player next year for Gold Coast, I would say it was a worthwhile trade from their point of view, certainly it's much better than wasting a space on their list with another list clogger from another club like Corey Ellis etc

I'm not assuming he'll be a bust at all, lol. Sharp was one of 10 or so players I really wanted. The point is though, is that he was consistently rated as a pick in the 20's, and because the AFL gave GC a Pick 11 'freebie' for next year, they could make free-wheeling decisions like trading 11 for 27, like they did. We would have picked up Sharp I assume, had GC not offered us such an enticing deal.

It's only the fact that there's no consequence for their actions, that means they can essentially trade whatever the hell they want and do whatever they want at the moment, lol. No other club is making trades like they did last year with WC, trading future mid 1sts for future mid seconds, giving up Pick 2 for Weller, and knocking back picks for players (Jack Martin), like GC have. I guarantee, if the AFL hadn't given them such a free license, they wouldn't have made half of these decisions.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
So in the end Gold Coast just looks like a bunch of clowns.

Thanks for the free player.

and the AFL helped them look like clowns.
Gil is a ******* idiot and sooner he goes the sooner footy and even Gold Coast can start to learn to be run like a real football club and not feel they can make stupid decisions and not worry as AFL will give them something to make up for mistakes sometime later. What a ****ed up culture Gil helped create happen.

Last edited:

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The first rounder would be us - Future 2020 Pick 11 and 2019 Pick 64 for 2019 Pick 27, haha

They can literally only do that and make all these absurd decisions, because the AFL just keeps picking them up, wiping their bum, and changing their nappies, everytime they s**t themselves and make said ridiculous decision. Genuinely turning into a joke now.
That is such a God awful trade. Well done geelong. Fleeced them

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I'm not assuming he'll be a bust at all, lol. Sharp was one of 10 or so players I really wanted. The point is though, is that he was consistently rated as a pick in the 20's, and because the AFL gave GC a Pick 11 'freebie' for next year, they could make free-wheeling decisions like trading 11 for 27, like they did. We would have picked up Sharp I assume, had GC not offered us such an enticing deal.

It's only the fact that there's no consequence for their actions, that means they can essentially trade whatever the hell they want and do whatever they want at the moment, lol. No other club is making trades like they did last year with WC, trading future mid 1sts for future mid seconds, giving up Pick 2 for Weller, and knocking back picks for players (Jack Martin), like GC have. I guarantee, if the AFL hadn't given them such a free license, they wouldn't have made half of these decisions.
Exactly. Gil is to blame for encouraging such stupidity other clubs cannot afford to be as reckless with picks and trade decisions.
Hopefully this is the last of this bullshit and AFL need a new CEO so this stupid culture ends here and now.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

AFL essentially gifted GC Anderson, Sharp and half of Flanders as compensation, and on top of that they get an expanded rookie list and the right to select their academy players (from a further expanded zone) without having to use any picks.

If GC can't get out of the bottom 6 in the next 2 years, they're done.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

The Pick 64 was just the icing on the lopsided cake. On traded to Essendon along with GC future 3rd we got in the Jenkins trade, and our future 4th, for Cam Taheny at Pick 50 (who was actually rated ahead/around the same mark as Sharp at Pick 24 - Pick 28).

That's how a smart list manager operates. Craig Cameron has just been given the keys to a Porsche, Mazzerati, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini and a Ferarri, and he's just driving them into walls while drunk and snorting coke, and busting out the next fancy model.

'I'll take Flanders, and Sharp and Rowell and Anderson... oh wait... I have no picks left next year and all our players are still young and I have no idea how to get any decent players without paying ridiculous amounts of money, offering up stupid draft picks, or having the AFL clean up my mess after I did a boom boom...uh oh...'

The whole thing is a f*cking joke, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves

$1 million a year for a C-grade forward flanker to go with drafting a kid with a wrecked knee at pick 17. Blues fans are kings of putting positive spin on ordinary decision making.
Lol... ‘youse’... says it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

OMG there's still people out there who think we are paying Martin $1 million a year...

Is it so hard to educate yourself before criticising Carlton based on something that isn't even true? Obviously it is.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Jack Martin got 3 brownlow votes in round 2 and 2 brownlow votes in round 3. I think that means he had 2 OK games in a row.

... extrapolating that out 3+2 = 5 votes over Rounds 2 and 3, so two games, which means 2.5 votes per game..... over a full season.... carry the 1... I think he'll win 2020 Brownlow for the Blues with 55 votes.

In fact, anything less and he's a failure.

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears

Limp effort, but props for coming back to face the music. I guess.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Where do you even start on a comment like this. Whatever you were going for you’ve done it poorly.

What I said is exactly what happened.

Roughead was unable to play and the club had no idea if he would return. They werent able to trade in a key forward/ruck and had no time to draft and build up a kid.

The only 2 choices to fill the immediate gap were Vickery or Vardy via free agency. And the only way to stop Richmond matching was making it $500k x 2 years to get Richmond better compo than we had to trade.

In the end we didnt need Vickery and he was not going to get back in to the team so was allowed to retire.

None of the above is new or shocking.

But Vickery was mentioned. Thus me wondering if that is what Martin brings to Carlton.

Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I like that you dispute the money thing but not that he’s a C-grader.

Elmer_Judd said:
I am ready to admit i was wrong and apologize to you personally if the Suns or Dees take Martin in the PSD.

I also might have been a bit OTT in some of my responses to you, and for that i do apologize, for that.

I get your point about the Suns making a stand on players being poached, but taking my Carlton hat off, I think it will create an unhealthy environment next year in the playing group.

Elmer I know you are a passionate fan, just like me. No offence taken all in good fun. If I am wrong I will make good on my pledge to disappear and will wish Jack Martin a long and distinguished career in the navy blue. If not ... please indulge me one or two gloating posts!

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
What I said is exactly what happened.

Roughead was unable to play and the club had no idea if he would return. They werent able to trade in a key forward/ruck and had no time to draft and build up a kid.

The only 2 choices to fill the immediate gap were Vickery or Vardy via free agency. And the only way to stop Richmond matching was making it $500k x 2 years to get Richmond better compo than we had to trade.

In the end we didnt need Vickery and he was not going to get back in to the team so was allowed to retire.

None of the above is new or shocking.

But Vickery was mentioned. Thus me wondering if that is what Martin brings to Carlton.
Brings what to Carlton?

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
hahaha... Gold Goast, the team that just keeps on giving... hahaha

a big big big thank you to GC for insisting on giving us Martin for absolutely nothing when we were foolish enough to want to pay a fair price for him.

maybe we can repay you in a few years time by giving you unders for Rowell, would that make you happy also? Lol

You really gotta lay off the cool aid

What could go wrong 1 million bucks. 5 year contract for a guy living away from family in a rebuilding team, injury riddled. what could go wrong...

Good luck blue boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back