Recommitted Jack Martin

Where will Jack Martin be playing footy in 2018?

• Gold Coast Suns

Votes: 64 41.6%
  • WA Based Club

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • Other AFL Club

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • WAFL/VFL/SANFL/NEAFL

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Comes out of contract at the end of 2017. Report in today's local rag is that he will spend his Christmas break home (WA) weighing up his future. Both WA clubs will be highly interested in him.

I'm hoping with the number of indigenous players we have on our list, he requests a trade to Freo.

Where will he be playing in 2018?

From what I understand GC may be selling. Were also interested in moving him last trade period was some interest from a WA club (reading between the lines i think WCE) but not sure where it went.

What's he worth? A first rounder and steak knives?

O'Meara - First Rounder & Future Second Rounder
Prestia - First Rounder & Swap of Second Round Picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I understand GC may be selling. Were also interested in moving him last trade period was some interest from a WA club (reading between the lines i think WCE) but not sure where it went.
Yeah thats complete bullshit. You're telling me after Prestia , Dixon , O'meara, Bennell etc all left and then Gaz requested a trade that GC tried "selling" Jack Martin. Yeah nope, You'll need to do better than that to spread a shitty rumour with no source other than your imagination.

There is no way Gold Coast were selling him, he will be there number 1 priority to resign at the end of next year, with gaz probably leaving he will be getting a massive contract thrown at him by Gold Coast.

There is no way Gold Coast were selling him, he will be there number 1 priority to resign at the end of next year, with gaz probably leaving he will be getting a massive contract thrown at him by Gold Coast.

From the GCS forum, these are the players out of contract end of 2017:

Callum Ah Chee
Jarrad Grant
Mitch Hallahan
Jarrod Harbrow
Jack Leslie
Jesse Lonergan
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Trent McKenzie
Touk Miller
Michael Rischitelli
Josh Schoenfeld
Matt Shaw
Mackenzie Willis
Peter Wright

There are some big names there that will ask for a lot of money to stay. Tom Lynch's contract expires 2018.

Callum Ah Chee
Jarrad Grant
Mitch Hallahan
Jarrod Harbrow
Jack Leslie
Jesse Lonergan
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Trent McKenzie
Touk Miller
Michael Rischitelli
Josh Schoenfeld
Matt Shaw
Mackenzie Willis
Peter Wright

There are some big names there that will ask for a lot of money to stay. Tom Lynch's contract expires 2018.

And I reckon there's about 5-6 of those that will be going and Jack ain't one of them......

Callum Ah Chee
Jarrad Grant
Mitch Hallahan
Jarrod Harbrow
Jack Leslie
Jesse Lonergan
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Trent McKenzie
Touk Miller
Michael Rischitelli
Josh Schoenfeld
Matt Shaw
Mackenzie Willis
Peter Wright

ok? Not really sure what your getting at but ok.

Callum Ah Chee
Jarrad Grant
Mitch Hallahan
Jarrod Harbrow
Jack Leslie
Jesse Lonergan
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Trent McKenzie
Touk Miller
Michael Rischitelli
Josh Schoenfeld
Matt Shaw
Mackenzie Willis
Peter Wright

Martin, Wright, Miller and May the 4 main ones imo.

ok? Not really sure what your getting at but ok.
Sorry, my point was that they've just drafted four top 10 midfielders in this year's draft, so their need to resign Martin isn't as important as signing their KPP's May, Wright and Lynch to long term deals (you could add Mackenzie to that list). I can see a lot of the Gaz money tying these players down.

Sorry, my point was that they've just drafted four top 10 midfielders in this year's draft, so their need to resign Martin isn't as important as signing their KPP's May, Wright and Lynch to long term deals (you could add Mackenzie to that list). I can see a lot of the Gaz money tying these players down.
Mckenzie might find himself not on an afl list in 12 months. You are overrating him as a player completely, only good thing about him is his kicking distance,

Callum Ah Chee
Jarrad Grant
Mitch Hallahan
Jarrod Harbrow
Jack Leslie
Jesse Lonergan
Jack Martin
Brandon Matera
Steven May
Trent McKenzie
Touk Miller
Michael Rischitelli
Josh Schoenfeld
Matt Shaw
Mackenzie Willis
Peter Wright

I think the 5 key signings from that group would be Steven May, Peter Wright, Jack Martin, Touk Miller and Callum Ah Chee. I don't think they'd be overly devastated if they lost any of the others.

Back