Recommitted Jack Martin [requested a trade to Victoria, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach Merrett and Pick 8?? GCS may want some steak knives as well but it wouldn't be far off. Mckenna or Langford as the little extra to get it across the line?
Whatever , not us who do the deal .

Zach Merrett and Pick 8?? GCS may want some steak knives as well but it wouldn't be far off. Mckenna or Langford as the little extra to get it across the line?
IF a big IF Martin requests a trade to Essendon we are now at least in that ballpark, we'd ask for more, Essendon would offer less. Then something like that would be accepted on another if Merrett could be encouraged to come to the gold coast.

IF a big IF Martin requests a trade to Essendon we are now at least in that ballpark, we'd ask for more, Essendon would offer less. Then something like that would be accepted on another if Merrett could be encouraged to come to the gold coast.

L O L
oh darling, It's called sarcasm.

Gold Coast shouldn't take pick 8 for Martin. They desperately need a good, senior player to support the younger kids coming through. Daniher, Merrett and Heppell are untouchable but open to offers on everyone else.

Where has this story actually come from?

From a quick google jay Clark mentioned Essendon we’re into him at the start of August.

Then the twitter random said he asked out in his exit interview? Now close to 2 weeks ago. If true surely his manager would have made it public to try and get it to happen.

It seems that no one actually involved - gcs, Or Martin or his management has said that he wants to leave good coast.

Even if it’s true, no chance we will trade him this year.
If there is slot of fighting with his manager... get a new manager.

OHS mental health troubles... that is so low to even suggest that.

From a quick google jay Clark mentioned Essendon we’re into him at the start of August.

Then the twitter random said he asked out in his exit interview? Now close to 2 weeks ago. If true surely his manager would have made it public to try and get it to happen.

It seems that no one actually involved - gcs, Or Martin or his management has said that he wants to leave good coast.

Would worry about any of the pseudo tough bigfooty vultures mate. If he goes anywhere it'll be port Adelaide

There have been some rumours to suggest the player himself told close friends that he was going to Essendon about 2 months ago. They then leaked this out. No idea if true or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am hearing his management have approached AFL to void his contract, and become a free agent.

They have put forward a strong case under OHS, and mental health issues caused by being in such a bad environment .

If I was GC, I will trade him for a couple of experienced players.

Hmm if he has OH&S issues I don't see Essendon being held up as a shining example of how to look after players welfare

This actual thread pre-dates Jay Clark. The OP seems to coincide with this Herald Sun article: David Swallow could leave Gold Coast during trade period or when he ...

As a WA boy there was speculation he might go to Freo, although that seems to have dried up long ago.

The twitter random (Matty Baynes) seems to be closer to the news than the news lately, we've been watching it to see how good the info is. Strike rate so far is decent enough but it's early days. Grain of salt.

Maybe, but where there's smoke there's usually fire.....

Oh no doubt there is smoke and no doubt Essendon want him, but I don't think we will satisfy them trade wise.

Contracted & wanted by the club (unlike others).
2 first rounders. You’re not dealing with Scott Clayton this year

2 first rounders for jack martin with what he has shown to date is not remotely reasonable.

If he is worth 2 Chad must be worth 4.

I think it’s entirely possible if not probable that gcs hold on to him and don’t trade him this year as they may not like the returns offered on their investment.

2 first rounders for jack martin with what he has shown to date is not remotely reasonable.

If he is worth 2 Chad must be worth 4.

I think it’s entirely possible if not probable that gcs hold on to him and don’t trade him this year as they may not like the returns offered on their investment.

Completely agree, Martin is not worth anywhere near what Gold Coast 'supporters' think he is. IMO pick 8 for Martin and 2nd Rounder back is about right.

Completely agree, Martin is not worth anywhere near what Gold Coast 'supporters' think he is. IMO pick 8 for Martin and 2nd Rounder back is about right.

I mean I have no idea what gcs will and won’t accept so I’m not speaking as to what will get a trade done but yeah, Martin hasn’t performed anywhere near the level needed to attract the kind of price gcs supporters think. If gcs was along the same thinking Martin would have to stay and move next year.

It's just a different way of saying no.

Breaking news, BF supporters over rate their players and under rate players from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back