Uncontracted Jack Martin

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
AFL Club
Carlton
I like Brodie, but not sure how he gets a game with us. We have Setterfield playing his exact role, and Kennedy in the 2's.

Our midfield is: Cripps (24), Walsh (18), Dow (19), SPS (21), Fisher (21), Setterfield (21) - with Kennedy (22) and Stocker (19) waiting in the wings.

Thats 8 players, 6 of whom were drafted over the past 3 drafts. I'm not sure we have room for a 9th young mid.

What we would like is a gun half forward/ small forward, who can go through the middle (when Cripps or whomever is resting forward).

Ideally Congilio as a F/A, but if that cant be done, Martin would do.
I think Martin will cost us too much in terms of a trade with The Sun's Mal, they would want more (I assume) than The Crows 1st pick this year for him, and that is about all I would want to pay for him.

Already we can see the Chickens coming home to roost for Essendon and Hawthorn by overpaying for Shiel and Wingate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think Martin will cost us too much in terms of a trade with The Sun's Mal, they would want more (I assume) than The Crows 1st pick this year for him, and that is about all I would want to pay for him.

Already we can see the Chickens coming home to roost for Essendon and Hawthorn by overpaying for Shiel and Wingate.
I can see your point but why would GCS want to weaken their own team with just one first round pick from Carlton , yes without Martin GCS get pick 1 in 2020 but nobody want wooden spoon .

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
AFL Club
Carlton
I can see your point but why would GCS want to weaken their own team with just one first round pick from Carlton , yes without Martin GCS get pick 1 in 2020 but nobody want wooden spoon .
This is part of the reason it's highly unlikely Martin will end up at Carlton, we are not in a position to give up enough decent picks to satisfy The Suns.

Also I think Sexton is your best player currently, vastly underrated player (as is probably Swallow)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is part of the reason it's highly unlikely Martin will end up at Carlton, we are not in a position to give up enough decent picks to satisfy The Suns.

Also I think Sexton is your best player currently, vastly underrated player (as is probably Swallow)
Sexton is overated , when hot he is good , but when this gone bad he is invisible . Hall V2 playing in a different position .

AFL Club
Fremantle
It's really down to 'who he nominates' though (like it is every year).

If he nominates Carlton, a 1st and some late change will do for an uncontracted player who hasnt really lived up to his potential.

Still a good player, but a little inconsistent.

I'd consider our future 1st if Adelaides is too high for the Suns by the end of the year, but only if they flicked us a second rounder back this year (we currently dont have ours due to trading it out for Setterfield). Every chance our future 1st is a very good (6ish) pick again.
You're dreaming. A unknown pick for an established quality player. Carlton should be moving uo the ladder in 2020 everything being equal. A second round pick in 2019 as well? More chance Donald Trump wins a popularity contest in Mexico.

AFL Club
Carlton
Moderator #231
You're dreaming. A unknown pick for an established quality player. Carlton should be moving uo the ladder in 2020 everything being equal. A second round pick in 2019 as well? More chance Donald Trump wins a popularity contest in Mexico.
A first round pick and a later pick swap is ample for an uncontracted player of his talent that has nominated a club.

gcsunsfc

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Ignoring the hype that was around him as a kid and only taking his form in the AFL since being drafted, pick 10 would be plenty for him. Asking for a second on top would be a little cheeky.
Hey the Freo supporter was the one that suggested the trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom