theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Jack Martin has not lived up to the hype he was pick #1 in the mini-draft with Hogan. He has been at the Suns though who are questionable development still not the sort player you would want to sell the farm for if you could get him cheap for 500K he might be worth it, other than that I could see him becoming a bidding war at point where he wouldn't be worth it.
Melbourne don't have a great development record either with Watts the obvious. I think Hogan's development was ok, especially given injuries.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Go for 3 and if 1 comes then great

Could possibly be more

Coburg is bigger than North
Coburg are on for a VFL flag. Get around us.

But in all seriousness I love that we beat Franga last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
You'd have to trade out a decent player to get him you'd think, having no first round pick.

I'd be surprised if you went after him again.
given the age profile of our list, we could easily ask the AFL for dispensation to trade another future 1st out. Esp since Martin is the right age as well. Not like we'd be targeting a 29yo.
I get the feeling Parish may request a trade at years end. We'll get a pick in the early 20's for him i would imagine. And we have our 2nd, and GWS's 2nd.

Just have to get him to nominate us. from there, the deal usually gets done.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
given the age profile of our list, we could easily ask the AFL for dispensation to trade another future 1st out. Esp since Martin is the right age as well. Not like we'd be targeting a 29yo.
I get the feeling Parish may request a trade at years end. We'll get a pick in the early 20's for him i would imagine. And we have our 2nd, and GWS's 2nd.

Just have to get him to nominate us. from there, the deal usually gets done.
Really depend how well other club and GC end up on the ladder . money wise GC can definitely can afford to paid him well .

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
I wonder if the Suns could entice Parish to move out of the Vic footy bubble as part of a Martin trade if the Dons enter the race again?
His mate Matho 45mins up the road... Martin already on big coin at the Suns. Could be enticing for Parish?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I wonder if the Suns could entice Parish to move out of the Vic footy bubble as part of a Martin trade if the Dons enter the race again?
His mate Matho 45mins up the road... Martin already on big coin at the Suns. Could be enticing for Parish?
possibly
he's a good player. just needs a spot in a midfield. Sadly up against it with Shiel, Heppell, Merrett, Smith, Zaka and McGrath in there, and our persistence with Myers.

Really depend how well other club and GC end up on the ladder . money wise GC can definitely can afford to paid him well .
I think Martin was keen to get to Vic last year (could be wrong here)
Anyhoo, if he does, i would be keen. Would be a perfect upgrade on Bags.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I honestly cannot see the hype on Martin , Sure hee is skilled and has talent but have not seen it consistently enough to think he is a 'Star'
I think he'd be a good get at the right price but I just get the feeling the Suns would demand more than his worth just because of the hype that was around him as a kid.

Realistically he's worth a late first at best.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He always tends to play well against us, but agree he is not as good as the hype. His draft is a long time ago now.

Agree late first and 5-600k (which is a premium to switch club).
Is it you that suggested that Fremantle paid over for Hogan. You're really not good in getting deal done .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back