Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell? Just for the record I pretty much predicted all of the trades bar the Hogan trade last year. Got called deluded for suggesting something very close to the McGovern trade (by Adelaide supporters) , Polec trade (north and port supporters), Neale trade,(by Brisbane supporters) Shiel trade (essendon supporters). The only trade I got wrong was the Hogan trade because I thought Melbourne would get more. Got abused by Melbourne supporters despite suggesting they would get more than the actual trade that eventuated for Hogan. Ill add you to the list of the clueleinion ss. Bookmark it. Martin worth way more than a future Essendon first. Freo or West Coast first and a future second the starting point for discussion if he goes west. Clueless on steriods describes your posts in this thread. PM if Im proven wrong. Just for the record Stewart Dew has described Martin as their best inside mid this year. Considering the time he spends onball thats proven by stats as well. Watching him play might be a good start to forming an opinion on his value.
My opinion I would have him at the Roos in a heart beat.

Not a high production player but boy if it clicks for him
Only needs 20 touches to cause serious damage each game

But if he somehow gets more than that then he will be one of the best in the game, but based on sample size so far will not get those 30 touches consistently. Will often cop a tag though which opens up the game for others to run free

would love him at freo - he would be a lot better in a stronger side as he wouldn't get as much attention.

It is very difficult to figure out what he is worth as he has been in the system a while now and doesn't seem too consistent yet. Some of that may be due to the team he is on but some also has to be on him.

would love him at freo - he would be a lot better in a stronger side as he wouldn't get as much attention.

It is very difficult to figure out what he is worth as he has been in the system a while now and doesn't seem too consistent yet. Some of that may be due to the team he is on but some also has to be on him.
He's an icing on the cake player that would thrive in a top 8 side. Will always struggle in a bottom 4 team.

yeah I agree - just don't know how to value that type of player. First rounder but not a top ten or?
It is difficult. Suns would want more than what most would be wiling to pay due to his talent, however, he hasn't been able to show it consistently there because they've been a bottom side for the majority of his career. I'd say a pick in the 15-20 range is fair. He'll get a decent contract and you have to pay up for a potential match winner, but at the same time the Suns can't expect much more for a player who hasn't consistently played at his best. He's been in the system for roughly 6 years now.

My opinion means absolutely nothing. But if Jack ends up wanting to leave, I would take a later first round pick for him. Whether the club accept more or less than that, who knows.
Bulldogs and Carlton both interested according to the rumour mills.
We'd be offering our 2020 first just to start negotiations I'd imagine, then take it from there.

We'd be offering our 2020 first just to start negotiations I'd imagine, then take it from there.

He'd be great for the Dogs, You have the midfield to give him plenty of opportunity in the forward 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise this is a Bigfoot trade discussion therefore you should not make fair and balanced trade offers like that involving your own club (especially if they slightly favour the other club) Did you mean to say start with your fourth rounder.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You do realise this is a Bigfoot trade discussion therefore you should not make fair and balanced trade offers like that involving your own club (especially if they slightly favour the other club) Did you mean to say start with your fourth rounder.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
...and then when called out on it, say "oh I forgot to add..." then mention a list clogger who will likely get delisted anyway and/or a late pick/

I can't believe how much he's being overvalued.

What the heck has he done in his career to date that would justify him being Pick 10 because I'd really like to know.

He's worth something between 15-30 going off what he's shown so far and before someone tries saying he has potential, I'll agree you're right except he also could be a potential bust.

I hope that we're making enquiries into him but if the expected price is even close to what's being suggested then we're best walking away quick smart.

Would be worth a mid-late 1st rounder, Hawks will have two (ours plus one from the Bulldogs for Smith )) but I hope we don't chase him as we need more of a pure midfielder - he is too similar to Wingard (mid/fwd who flashes in and out). Would Geelong would be the best fit especially with Ablett having only one year left, Kelly leaving and them having the right culture to get him to pull his finger out and play consistently.

Would be worth a mid-late 1st rounder, Hawks will have two (ours plus one from the Bulldogs for Smith )) but I hope we don't chase him as we need more of a pure midfielder - he is too similar to Wingard (mid/fwd who flashes in and out). Would Geelong would be the best fit especially with Ablett having only one year left, Kelly leaving and them having the right culture to get him to pull his finger out and play consistently.

A first rounder for Smith? Hahaha!!

Where are we getting a mid to late first rounder from? Are we playing finals this season? No.

I’ll pay Hawthorn and Wingard but not sure I buy Essendon overpaying for Shiel. We’re about 10% of the way through his contract and he’s looked somewhere between good and AA all year. His disposal suffered a bit for a while (not as much as was made of it in the media) but he was very clean against Freo. Assuming the bombers finish mid table it’s two picks around 10 for Shiel and a middle 30s pick, pretty fair trade I reckon, can’t just stockpile top draft picks for ever and expect them to turn into a competent team.
Seeing who you follow is not a shock to see you agree with Chad but not Dilon

Come on, if that's the price to pry him from the Hawks then the dogs will say ummmm not going to happen.

Come on, if that's the price to pry him from the Hawks then the dogs will say ummmm not going to happen.

I agree, I was fishing. I don't think you need that type of player (Smith) or.that he is worth that much at his age and given his average form this year.

I agree, I was fishing. I don't think you need that type of player (Smith) or.that he is worth that much at his age and given his average form this year.
Still think he has 3 to maybe 4 years left and would go well being a mentor to Bailey Smith, but only at a reasonable price for his age.
Heard the hawthorn people suggested if it were to happen it would be like smith and the Hawks 2nd for the dogs 2010 first.

I can't believe how much he's being overvalued.

What the heck has he done in his career to date that would justify him being Pick 10 because I'd really like to know.

He's worth something between 15-30 going off what he's shown so far and before someone tries saying he has potential, I'll agree you're right except he also could be a potential bust.

I hope that we're making enquiries into him but if the expected price is even close to what's being suggested then we're best walking away quick smart.

So what would you expect Hawthorn to give for him?

We're not getting a 1st Round Selection for Smith mate.

He's worth more than what Bulldog supporters are throwing around but he's not worth what you are either.

If a trade does get done I've got a feeling that it'll involve a player.

Still think he'll stay and see out his contract though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back