Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Attacking, we have marley who is a very good lock down defender. Team usually have 1 top of the line small forward like Betts but to be truly excellent, you need to have the best counter attacking small defender. We need a saad or johanessian type player. It's the player who can link from halfback to mid and forward, the quarterback player is now the MVP. Your dustin martin, de goey, josh kelly type are the ones we see and hear but the real match winners are the ones who run out of defense and deliver balls into the hands of those superstars.
There’s three in the draft I can think of, off the top of my head.

Top 5 pick Hayden Young. ~187cm. The best kick in the draft, very good decision maker. Can run and carry, and then kick 50. High possession player.

Top 10 pick Lachlan Ash. ~186cm. The fastest run and carry player. Breaks lines with his pace. Hasn’t got penetration on his kick that Young has.

Top 20-25 pick Trent Bianco. ~178cm. More your link up type. Good skills and kicks on both sides of his body. Is fast, but doesn’t have the line breaking speed of Ash.

Would have he been eligible for free agency next year?

During the telecast of Collingwood VS GC, Jonathon Brown suggested that Martin was worth 700K and a first rounder - Jordan Lewis nearly fell off his chair upon hearing this news - Reckon Lewis has more idea than Brown.

During the telecast of Collingwood VS GC, Jonathon Brown suggested that Martin was worth 700K and a first rounder - Jordan Lewis nearly fell off his chair upon hearing this news - Reckon Lewis has more idea than Brown.
Brown is an A grade cliche peddler when he's on special comments

Play Martin as a roaming half fwd in a top 4 side with a strong midfield, and watch him tear the comp apart.

He’s never been able to consistently show his assets in a team that finishes bottom 4 every year.

He’s easily worth $700k a season and a quality pick for the right buyer.

What's he worth pick wise?
Around GC Brisbane or last year Eagles first Rd pick. Happy to Swap pick with Sydney or Melbourne to get their pick and use their second and third Rd for Hodge type of players if AFL don't give GCS priority Pick 1.

What's he worth pick wise?

I think he’s worth 12-15, on what he will provide to the right team that trades him in for the next 7+ years.

And the likelihood his buyer will be coughing up around $700k per season.

If a top 4 team can land him, he has the silk & x-factor that could be their missing piece to a premiership.

Just needs the right team to free up the cap space and find the pick or exchange player.

I think he’s worth 12-15, on what he will provide to the right team that trades him in for the next 7+ years.

If a top 4 team can land him, he has the silk & x-factor that could be their missing piece to a premiership.

Just needs the right team to free up the cap space and find the pick or exchange player.
I know we're keen, and also linked to King (though what Vic team won't be)

Both would be excellent gets for our forward line. No idea how we afford it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like lot for what his output has been.

I think at his age the trade value is based more around output than potential surely.

Seems like lot for what his output has been.

I think at his age the trade value is based more around output than potential surely.
Suns could get a pick around there, but I imagine there would be other picks involved to sure up the deal.

GWS did it with Devon Smith - managed to get Pick 11 off Essendon (and a third rounder) by throwing 2 seconds in to the mix. It means you trade some OK picks and a decent player for a really good position in the 1st Round.

In this year's draft it's probably worth doing.

If they get Pick 1 compo off the AFL, deal into the first round through Martin, The Suns would take in 4 first rounders - it's kind of draft can set them up nicely.

Adding 4 top-end kids to Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Lukosuis, Rankin, King, Weller (all 1st Round Selections) would be a strong hand.

WHE cost a future 2nd, Marin really hasn't shown he's better than that.
All this 'put him in a good team' stuff is conjecture, He has 1 good game a year and then is mister invis for the rest
If Weller worth pick 2, can't see Martin getting less money or trade value than him. Though Martin is out of contract, but I saw you asking for early second for Langdon.

Suns could get a pick around there, but I imagine there would be other picks involved to sure up the deal.

GWS did it with Devon Smith - managed to get Pick 11 off Essendon (and a third rounder) by throwing 2 seconds in to the mix. It means you trade some OK picks and a decent player for a really good position in the 1st Round.

In this year's draft it's probably worth doing.

If they get Pick 1 compo off the AFL, deal into the first round through Martin, The Suns would take in 4 first rounders - it's kind of draft can set them up nicely.

Adding 4 top-end kids to Ainsworth, Brodie, Bowes, Lukosuis, Rankin, King, Weller (all 1st Round Selections) would be a strong hand.
Yes, I was more talking about his value as a straight swap.

Throwing second rounders doesn't make him worth pick 12

Weller isn't worth pick 2 to anyone else but GC though
That's the reason I said why Martin want to go to another lousy team that not playing finals and get less paid than he is with GCs. JUST take your team as an eg, since GCS and GWS came into competition, no top 8 and always stayed bottom like GCS., with rich history you are expected to do better not always just better than North, Carlton, GCS.

2017 season 18.2 possies and 24 goals in a terrible team... pony up..

Hurley for Martin 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back