Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Like the idea of King & Martin in our forward line.

Currently hold 2020 1st, 2x 2019 2nds - all tradeable - plus a lot of depth in the KPD positions.
If it took Hurley to get this deal done, i'd be open to such a trade.

Raz King Stringer
Tippa Daniher Martin

don't mind that forward line one bit :)

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ah Chee is comfortably better and will probably cost half the price.

Don't get the interest AFL clubs still have in this guy.

Is disgustingly lazy and doesn't have the talent to make up for it.

A poor kick of the ball as well to boot.

Has never really shown anything and wouldn't get a game in most of the teams if he played the way he does at the Suns.

That "attempted" tackle by him on, I think it was Grundy, was the most pathetic thing I've seen all year from anyone, second only to one of his efforts against Sydney when going after the ball earlier in the year.

No idea how Hall who had the same kind of criticisms but with more talent and much more exposed form could have had such depreciated value come trade time yet this guy who has shown nothing but suggest he's not cut out for the grade relatively hold his value year on year.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would 2nd rounder from us do? Hall isn't good enough for a 1st rounder but he does fit our list need in his ability to play in the guts. In fact he and aaron hall are very similar in profile except 4 years younger. If hall recovers in 2019, he would be a great asset, season defining asset.

Like the idea of King & Martin in our forward line.

Currently hold 2020 1st, 2x 2019 2nds - all tradeable - plus a lot of depth in the KPD positions.
If it took Hurley to get this deal done, i'd be open to such a trade.

Raz King Stringer
Tippa Daniher Martin

don't mind that forward line one bit :)

pls explain how you expect to acquire both Martin and King...

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Ah Chee is comfortably better and will probably cost half the price.

Don't get the interest AFL clubs still have in this guy.

Is disgustingly lazy and doesn't have the talent to make up for it.

A poor kick of the ball as well to boot.

Has never really shown anything and wouldn't get a game in most of the teams if he played the way he does at the Suns.

That "attempted" tackle by him on, I think it was Grundy, was the most pathetic thing I've seen all year from anyone, second only to one of his efforts against Sydney when going after the ball earlier in the year.

No idea how Hall who had the same kind of criticisms but with more talent and much more exposed form could have had such depreciated value come trade time yet this guy who has shown nothing but suggest he's not cut out for the grade relatively hold his value year on year.
You can had him for free from me. Sadly I am not his player agent or GCS list manager.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so what's this dude's problem, is he moving or not, sick and tired of these dills trying to conjure up an image of self grandeur. He is an okay footballer who can't hack it at a bottom football club who wants to play in a better team. He needs the team more than the team needs him. There are plenty of martins out there, they come in batches of dozens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
We haven't had a first round pick since 2016. New rules mean that last year and this year we have to take next year.
The window in which you need to have used two first round picks is the previous four years. Which for 2019 means 2015=>2018. In which period we used three first rounders. So we can trade our 2020 first rounder this year.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Dropped from GC's 22, makes it hard for them to ask for more than a mid second round draft pick

Lol knowing how many teams are chasing him, Suns have Every Right to ask for pick in the 10-15 range.

A pick in the 40s, as you suggest is significant unders, they might as well send him into the draft if that is the going rate..

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Myers\Hartley & our second might be adequate

giphy.gif

Myers is going to be delisted and Hartley is no world beater. I don't think Essendon have much of trade hand this year after paying overs for Shiel last year (and yes, whilst he is a fine pick up, you did over pay GWS at the trade table)

giphy.gif

Myers is going to be delisted and Hartley is no world beater. I don't think Essendon have much of trade hand this year after paying overs for Shiel last year (and yes, whilst he is a fine pick up, you did over pay GWS at the trade table)
Our second is currently pick 30, if the valuation is an early second then 30 and something else should do it. Don't think Myers is worth much to anyone besides depth and our VFL team, though stranger things have happened. Hartley is a 198cm defender who is behind Hooker and Ambrose for a spot in defence. For teams lacking KPDs he will be of some value, not sure if that team is Gold Coast though.

GcSunsfan if you disagree with the premise of the argument feel free to post your own evaluation of his worth and the posters here can work within it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back