• 1 week

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Fine

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Nothing to see here1

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey played out the game and was in Sydneys best. If it was high impact how was he not concussed? Should Sydney doctors be stood down and the club fined like Port for not taking him off?

Carlton lawyers will get it down to 1 at least.

Typical from Michael Christian. I know people who have worked with him directly, all agree he is "dumb as dogshit".

Concussion is severe impact and direct to tribunal…

Carlton supporters online trying to contribute to relevant discussion in September, it must be surreal for them.
The arrogance is sickening but amusing to think they must be in shock not studying the draft already

Carlton supporters online trying to contribute to relevant discussion in September, it must be surreal for them.
The arrogance is sickening but amusing to think they must be in shock not studying the draft already
Only started posting on Thursday? Already got banned and finals hadn't even started yet? obvious dummy account is obvious

Imagine if the ARC was used properly and we had played Adelaide instead?

Perhaps you should thank the AFL and sit down...
Run that defence at the tribunal and see how it goes

"Blakey shouldn't technically have even been there so in reality it should have been Dawson instead and he's 2 inches taller so the strike wouldn't have been high..."

Ya boi ****ed up and has played his last final for the year

Blakey played out the game and was in Sydneys best. If it was high impact how was he not concussed? Should Sydney doctors be stood down and the club fined like Port for not taking him off?

Typical from Michael Christian. I know people who have worked with him directly, all agree he is "dumb as dogshit".
He got lucky and didn't get concussed, not everyone does after a hard hit. It doesn't change the impact of the blow. If thats not worth 2 weeks, nothing is.

He got lucky and didn't get concussed, not everyone does after a hard hit. It doesn't change the impact of the blow. If thats not worth 2 weeks, nothing is.
Agree to an extent, was there a chance he could've been got concussed? Of course.

Was he though? No. As the likelihood of concussion is taken into account these days I get it though.

Did it have an adverse effect on his game after he came back on? Based on how he played, no. You could easily make an argument for Medium or Low based on that fact alone.

Last edited:
It's a shame we didn't have the boys club on the commentary panel last night. It would've been nice for him to have a chance to plead his innocence in an interview 2 minutes after the game.

Tell them you tried to smother the ball. Send Blakey and his missus some flowers. You'll be playing next week Jack.

It's a shame we didn't have the boys club on the commentary panel last night. It would've been nice for him to have a chance to plead his innocence in an interview 2 minutes after the game.

Tell them you tried to smother the ball. Send Blakey and his missus some flowers. You'll be playing next week Jack.
While i agree with the point your making about the coverage being disgusting the other night, it's a lot easier to defend a "spoil gone wrong" than a punch in the face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that in writing somewhere? I'm going off this.
View attachment 1798343

Can’t find it, but pretty sure that’s how they usually grade any concussion as severe.

But the following guidelines do show why downgrading won’t happen as potential to cause injury and swinging arms are all reasons for higher impact classifications.
IMG_3704.jpeg

He's certainly a barnacle, had a cushy job for so long, made many a howler, no consequences.

Because concussion protocol basically means if you take someone high, they’re basically gone for 25% of the game, punishment should reflect it.

In a just world the offending player would be benched until the victim can return to the field, but a just world this is not.

Let us not dwell on it brothers, let us not dwell on anything at all.

Happy finals season to all who celebrate.
Agree - Carlton should be forced to start Jack Martin as the sub and not allowed on until at least the 2nd quarter so he misses at least 25% of the next game....good shout.

Can’t find it, but pretty sure that’s how they usually grade any concussion as severe.

But the following guidelines do show why downgrading won’t happen as potential to cause injury and swinging arms are all reasons for higher impact classifications.
View attachment 1798385
Yeah reading that it's probably not being downgraded then hey

I’m still trying to work out what he was actually attempting to do?

Is it like a kind of jumper-punch-esque tactic where you kind of swing your arm in the tackle to kind of disguise a punch in the sternum to make it a really “hard” tackle or what?

Regardless, would have been good to get a free kick.

So it was careless, high impact, high contact = 2 matches.

He's lucky it wasn't graded as intentional.......

I guess the club will try to argue down the level of impact to medium to get it down to 1 match.

Whatever he ends up with, he deserves a holiday for doing something so dumb. That sort of act doesn't belong in modern footy.

I’m still trying to work out what he was actually attempting to do?

Is it like a kind of jumper-punch-esque tactic where you kind of swing your arm in the tackle to kind of disguise a punch in the sternum to make it a really “hard” tackle or what?

Regardless, would have been good to get a free kick.
I have no idea. Make him "earn it" a la football of a past era? Regardless, it wasn't called for.

I don't know why a free wasn't paid either. Seemed a pretty obvious one to pay.

View attachment 1798385
Intentional strikes with raised elbows... that sounds familiar. No, wait. It's ok. JVR was cited for rough conduct, not a strike and it was graded careless, not Intentional.

They certainly know how to word things and grade things to get their desired outcome.

Back