Rookie Jack Mayo - Player Advocate: karaoke

karaoke

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quiet game for Jack from the weekend - 5 disposals - but at least kicked 1.1 in a somewhat positive sign.

Not the best day for footy, so #OTTNO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

karaoke

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quiet game for Jack from the weekend - 5 disposals - but at least kicked 1.1 in a somewhat positive sign.

Not the best day for footy, so #OTTNO.
Aaron Hamill-

“I don’t think Jack got outmarked – not that there were many marks out there for the day – but we like how he’s always learning his craft.

Some of positioning down the line was strong for us, and he’s still learning, but I thought he competed well.

He’s developing nicely in certain areas and I really like where he’s going with his game.

He hasn’t played a lot of senior footy, especially in these conditions, so I think Jack’s showing signs every week that he’s taking steps forward and he’s not going backwards.”

karaoke

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quiet again for young Mayo on the w'end vs Nth Reserves - 6 disposals & 2 tackles

karaoke

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
vs. Geelong 2's

18 dis (7k, 11hb)
3 marks
2 tackles
3 i50
2 r50
named 6th of Sandy's best players (vfl.com.au)

solid effort, 'building'

karaoke

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Mid-season draftee Jack Mayo featured in a new role along the wing, utilising his building engine to cover plenty of ground and present as a linking option for his teammates.

Mayo’s unconventional height for a wingman (194cm) allowed him to also serve as a hit-up target for the Zebras coming out of defence.

The 19-year-old finished with 18 disposals, three marks and two tackles in what was the best performance of his six-game career.

Top Bottom