Delisted Jack Mayo

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
D7kQXcqVsAYUpxm.jpg:large

Happy with pick to be honest , thought they might go Hibberd .

Glad we didn’t go project ruckman , just me but discussed at game yesterday
Think we could have pretty dynamic forward line in 12 months time , with Marsh & Carlisle back
Battle / Membrey / King young forwards coming thru ...with Mayo .

Would love additions as B King as back up ruckman with Marshall rotating think it would be lethal .
Particularly on Marvel stadium...

I am waiting for the day he plays so well that I can say with a straight face that “He put on a Mayo Clinic”.

BTW: proving there is more punning to his name than that simply based on vinegar and egg.

Or when he's getting talked up on performance and other posters say "your heaping a fair amount of Jack on that".

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
so is he 192 or 194? People saying he's a gunstan type, but from the subiaco GF on page 1 he looks more like a traditional lead up at the ball carrier CHF, and looks heavier set than gunstan would have at that age

so is he 192 or 194? People saying he's a gunstan type, but from the subiaco GF on page 1 he looks more like a traditional lead up at the ball carrier CHF, and looks heavier set than gunstan would have at that age
Good observation!

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paddy on the LTI list & we recruit a forward that isn’t expected to play this year. Stating the obvious but seems to be a Paddy replacement for the longterm.

I’d say there would’ve been a high chance we picked up Mayo later in the year anyway so you could say we got a free hit. This gives the recruiters no excuse but to pick mids, mids & mids in the national draft or trade period.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Paddy on the LTI list & we recruit a forward that isn’t expected to play this year. Stating the obvious but seems to be a Paddy replacement for the longterm.

I’d say there would’ve been a high chance we picked up Mayo later in the year anyway so you could say we got a free hit. This gives the recruiters no excuse but to pick mids, mids & mids in the national draft or trade period.
and a project ruck. I really wanted that ruck fella (year before last I think it was) that kicked a bunch of goals but had no tank at all. Sam someone?

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
He does seem a likely prospect and don't mind the look of him at all
But can't help but wonder what Richmond saw in Marlion Pickett at 13
That we didn't see at pick 6?
Anyhoo it's done now so welcome young Jack and with that surname
he's bound to become a cult hero!
May he put Sauce for the Saints for many years to come! :stkilda:

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda

Nar that's Ming you're talking about. We're just continuing to build the list with available talent. Having Marsh and Mayo now just helps us plug our deficit of draft picks this year and maybe produces some trade bait in a year or two. Our drafting looks to have been pretty good of late so I'm happy that Mayo will be a player for us eventually..

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
He does seem a likely prospect and don't mind the look of him at all
But can't help but wonder what Richmond saw in Marlion Pickett at 13
That we didn't see at pick 6?
Anyhoo it's done now so welcome young Jack and with that surname
he's bound to become a cult hero!
May he put Sauce for the Saints for many years to come! :stkilda:
Richmond are contending and we are not unfortunately. Its just different priorities.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Richmond are contending and we are not unfortunately. Its just different priorities.
I hear ya Scrappy and your probably right!
But i wouldn't quite rule us out from contending ourselves just yet!

With the quality of players we have to come back in for the 2nd half of the year
I can see no reason why the Saints can't get on a bit of a roll with the draw opening up a bit!
I know we don't quite look like at it at the moment, but we are hanging in like good sides do during our
Rough period of the year with all the injuries we have had! Next couple of games are absolutely crucial
If we can get to 7-5 then that gives us a terrific platform to really attack the finals!

Fanciful it may well seem.....But every Malaka can still dream!

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hear ya Scrappy and your probably right!
But i wouldn't quite rule us out from contending ourselves just yet!

With the quality of players we have to come back in for the 2nd half of the year
I can see no reason why the Saints can't get on a bit of a roll with the draw opening up a bit!
I know we don't quite look like at it at the moment, but we are hanging in like good sides do during our
Rough period of the year with all the injuries we have had! Next couple of games are absolutely crucial
If we can get to 7-5 then that gives us a terrific platform to really attack the finals!

Fanciful it may well seem.....But every Malaka can still dream!
It's true mm, you're not just smokin hippy herbs on that one!
But l was talking about contending for a premiership, rather than 8th place. This boy Mayo is a good strategic pickup for traidbait value alone in a couple years.

Back