Delisted Jack Mayo

Remove this Banner Ad

This list needed some mayo on top. Don't know anything about him but Libba said he has huge upside and he's been right so far.

so is he 192 or 194? People saying he's a gunstan type, but from the subiaco GF on page 1 he looks more like a traditional lead up at the ball carrier CHF, and looks heavier set than gunstan would have at that age

More of a traditional lead-up forward than a Gunston type wing/forward.

But jeez, I've just heard that commentary from the Colts granny. If he really did miss around two years of footy and then walk into the Colts and kick 50 in a season his upside must be pretty bloody decent. Wonder why he was overlooked in the draft last year?

More of a traditional lead-up forward than a Gunston type wing/forward.

But jeez, I've just heard that commentary from the Colts granny. If he really did miss around two years of footy and then walk into the Colts and kick 50 in a season his upside must be pretty bloody decent. Wonder why he was overlooked in the draft last year?
Injuries wouldve surely been the reason.

He kicked 50.44, he had 94 shots in 20 games.

I called a couple of this fellas colts matches last year, tremendous potential. Absolutely dominated the competition.

Great pace for a key forward and a natural leading mark in the vein of Josh Kennedy.

Very happy with this pick. He'll take a bit longer but huge upside.
Great to hear from someone who has seen him play

The future spline at St Kilda is starting to look rosier.
Although only young at this stage if they come on, this could/would be a nice line up taking us forward.

View attachment 681915

Dunno. Last time I did this it was just after the 2014 draft and featured paddy, Hugh and longer.

Who would have thought a player 2 years younger than those (battle) would end up playing ahead of those as well as a 21yo ruck getting plucked out of the vfl to be #1 within 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with pick to be honest , thought they might go Hibberd .

Glad we didn’t go project ruckman , just me but discussed at game yesterday
Think we could have pretty dynamic forward line in 12 months time , with Marsh & Carlisle back
Battle / Membrey / King young forwards coming thru ...with Mayo .

Would love additions as B King as back up ruckman with Marshall rotating think it would be lethal .
Particularly on Marvel stadium...
I also thought Hibberd, with Pickett as another possible, but with the likely loss of McCartin due to complications of concussion, another medium tall forward is a good option. Hibberd would have provided good speed and more strength on the outside and Pickett shows versatility off the half back and through the midfield.

The puns are getting pretty ordinary fellas..
Mate, calm the hell down and have a bite to eat!

The Big Jack

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and mayo on a sesame seed pun"

fenih4.jpg

We need to remember that Mayo, Rowe and Marsh are all acquisitions in lieu of list changes.

Are we ready to say goodbye to McCartin and Roberton? It seems like the broad supporter base is and I just wonder what the club’s position is. Do the Saints have some greater obligation to continue to work with both of those lads in 2020?

Mate, calm the hell down and have a bite to eat!

The Big Jack

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and mayo on a sesame seed pun"

fenih4.jpg

For some reason i thought you would bite :D

We need to remember that Mayo, Rowe and Marsh are all acquisitions in lieu of list changes.

Are we ready to say goodbye to McCartin and Roberton? It seems like the broad supporter base is and I just wonder what the club’s position is. Do the Saints have some greater obligation to continue to work with both of those lads in 2020?
It's looking incredibly unlikely either will get to play again and that's really sad.

I hope the club does everything possible to help these guys out.

Paddy in particular seems to be in a rather dark place. I hope that if the reality hits that he can't play again that the club finds a role for him at RSEA Park (assuming that he wants one). I would like to see us do whatever is humanly possible to help him find his footy, and non-footy, identity again.

I'm not sure our club has done too well with this stuff in the past but there's a great opportunity to do so now

I guess with these sort of drafts its hard to draft just on needs. Its a matter of identifying the WAFL guy who will most likely translate to AFL.
Hopefully the guys who brought us Marshall, Parker, Marsh and Wilkie are still firing on all cylinders.

He does seem a likely prospect and don't mind the look of him at all
But can't help but wonder what Richmond saw in Marlion Pickett at 13
That we didn't see at pick 6?
Anyhoo it's done now so welcome young Jack and with that surname
he's bound to become a cult hero!
May he put Sauce for the Saints for many years to come! :stkilda:
27 and likely won't play this year.

Did we really want to throw our pick at a guy that will be looking to debut at 28?
Richmond will likely be right up there again next year and can have a look at his work rate over the next few months before making a decision on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back