Delisted Jack Mayo

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor old Matty Parker, looks a bit put out that Cinco just moved on when he wanted a bit of a chat! They might come from the same state, but talk about two very different paths, great to see them both converge at Moorabbin!

And yes, he speaks like 40 year old lawyer rather than a footy kid. You can see why Hawks were sniffing around him, very much suits their ideal culture.

In that Colts game that St Cicatriz was kind enough to post, I noticed that young Cinco was doing a little bit of rucking in the stoppages which is great to see, could be a powerful combo having him and Marshall rotating like that.

Harves wore high 40's in his early days too. 46 or 47 I can't remember which one.
#52 still remember watching his 1st game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/st...-dream-despite-injury-setbacks-ng-b881213004z

PICK 8 | St Kilda | Jack Mayo (Subiaco)

One of the more unlucky players to miss out last year on being drafted, the WAFL Colts leading goalkicker has been one of the more dominant goalkickers in Western Australia over the journey. Mayo missed out on playing National Under 18 Championships, but booted 50 goals across 21 games in the Colts competition and has since transitioned between Reserves and Seniors this year in a strong Subiaco side. He has still managed to average two goals per game at Reserves level, and with Paddy McCartin now out long-term, Mayo provides another forward option for the Saints. In terms of his athletic traits, Mayo has elite speed for a tall (2.95 seconds) and elite vertical jump (84cm running jump) which he recorded at last year’s Western Australia state combine.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/st...-dream-despite-injury-setbacks-ng-b881213004z

PICK 8 | St Kilda | Jack Mayo (Subiaco)

One of the more unlucky players to miss out last year on being drafted, the WAFL Colts leading goalkicker has been one of the more dominant goalkickers in Western Australia over the journey. Mayo missed out on playing National Under 18 Championships, but booted 50 goals across 21 games in the Colts competition and has since transitioned between Reserves and Seniors this year in a strong Subiaco side. He has still managed to average two goals per game at Reserves level, and with Paddy McCartin now out long-term, Mayo provides another forward option for the Saints. In terms of his athletic traits, Mayo has elite speed for a tall (2.95 seconds) and elite vertical jump (84cm running jump) which he recorded at last year’s Western Australia state combine.

That speed and jump just furthers the mystery of how he didn't even get a rookie spot.

he confirmed in saints podcast that he's 194cm, and missed those two years due to injury (though he didn't elaborate)
I read somewhere that he had a hip problem ...cant remember details but it was misaligned or something ..the operation to fix it meant he was out of action for a long time..i seem to remember 30 months but that seems a really long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back