Jack or Nick Riewoldt??

Jack or Nick Riewoldt?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying Nick is better than Jack is fine, probably right.
Saying it's not close, in 2021, is embarrassing.

It isn't close- that's why the poll result is 80% Nick with the other 20% being mostly Tigers fans

And yes it was started in 2019 but as pointed out above, unless Jack goes to another level it's over. Currently Nick has the higher peak AND more longevity. A bunch more awards and accolades. That means its not really close.

Jack could potentially match the longevity one day, but won't ever match the higher peak.

It isn't close- that's why the poll result is 80% Nick with the other 20% being mostly Tigers fans

And yes it was started in 2019 but as pointed out above, unless Jack goes to another level it's over. Currently Nick has the higher peak AND more longevity. A bunch more awards and accolades. That means its not really close.

Jack could potentially match the longevity one day, but won't ever match the higher peak.
Jack has 3 Coleman medals. 12 other players in history have equalled or bettered this mark.
Jack has won colemans 8 years apart. Just 5 others have won across such a period.
He will finish up with over 700 goals.
Jack is in absolutely elite goalkicking company, and it hasn’t been his primary objective for half his career.

The Poll started in Feb 2019 when Richmond had won only one of their 3 premierships.So things have changed since then.

At current, Jack is one game greater than Nick and likely to retire this year.

Jack has 776 goals, Nick has 718.

Jack has 200 more tackles than Nick in their careers but Nick has 1500 more disposals.

Nick was the better player on a number of metrics, Jack by far had the better career.

You put Nick into the triple premiership tiger side they still win, maybe one more. You put Jack onto the Saints sides of late 2000s, I don't think they make a grand final.

Still both marvelous players.

Do all those factors exclude using your brain?

You do realise Nick was in the conversation for greatest CHF since Wayne Carey.

Jack's a gun but he's well behind a lot of forwards who played over the past 20 years.
He's kicked more goals than Hawkins , kicked 5 and one of the best this week at 34 years old.
A better mark than Nick , better below his knees and 3 more grand finals.
He's also won 2 more flags since this poll started.

He's kicked more goals than Hawkins , kicked 5 and one of the best this week at 34 years old.
A better mark than Nick , better below his knees and 3 more grand finals.
He's also won 2 more flags since this poll started.

Why bring Hawkins into the conversation?
I rate Nick above him.

Nick was much more versatile than Jack.
He played in an incredibly competitive era where the likes of Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn were a powerhouse.

If it wasn't for Nick, I doubt St Kilda make a single grand final.

Jack barely did anything in 2019 and you still waltzed through to a grand final.

Why bring Hawkins into the conversation?
I rate Nick above him.

Nick was much more versatile than Jack.
He played in an incredibly competitive era where the likes of Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn were a powerhouse.

If it wasn't for Nick, I doubt St Kilda make a single grand final.

Jack barely did anything in 2019 and you still waltzed through to a grand final.
He is a better all round player than Nick. He has sacrificed his game in the last 5 years for the team so Lynch can play full forward.
Nick was a good mark and lead with great endurance, Jack has been a match winner all his career and more skilled imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a better all round player than Nick. He has sacrificed his game in the last 5 years for the team so Lynch can play full forward.
Nick was a good mark and lead with great endurance, Jack has been a match winner all his career and more skilled imo.

You think Dustin Martin is approaching the mantle of greatest ever so why take anything you say seriously?

I know we all are entitled to our own opinions and beliefs but questions arise if you continue rating Richmond players above all-time champions of the game.

You think Dustin Martin is approaching the mantle of greatest ever so why take anything you say seriously?

I know we all are entitled to our own opinions and beliefs but questions arise if you continue rating Richmond players above all-time champions of the game.
The Dustin thread was a hypothetical about a 4th Norm Smith.
On Jack and Nick we just have different opinions.
Carey was better than all them at this stage. Nick doesn't come close to Carey as Nick was hopeless with the ground ball.

The Dustin thread was a hypothetical about a 4th Norm Smith.
On Jack and Nick we just have different opinions.
Carey was better than all them at this stage. Nick doesn't come close to Carey as Nick was hopeless with the ground ball.

Carey's universally regarded as one of top 5 or top 3 ever so of course the Riewoldt's won't come close to that level of dominance.

Jack has been a consistent champion but he has never been number 1 in the game at any stage in his career.
It also took him many years to drop the petulant attitude where he felt everything evolved around himself.

Do all those factors exclude using your brain?

You do realise Nick was in the conversation for greatest CHF since Wayne Carey.

Jack's a gun but he's well behind a lot of forwards who played over the past 20 years.
Go on…

Pavlich, Brown, Riewoldt, Franklin, Kennedy and maybe Hawkins.
Tredrea you can also add to that lot.

Jack's probably moved ahead of Tredrea but he's right beside Hawkins.
Kennedy? Both Hawkins and J. Riewoldt are above Kennedy.

Tredrea isn’t in the conversation.

J. Brown is overrated. 594 career goals. Riewoldt should have 200+ on that by the end of his career.

I will pay Buddy, Pav and N. Riewoldt. “A lot” is hyperbole/laughable.

FTR:

1. Franklin
2. N. Riewoldt
3. Pavlich
4. Riewoldt/Hawkins
5. Brown
6. Kennedy
7. Tredrea

Kennedy? Both Hawkins and J. Riewoldt are above Kennedy.

Tredrea isn’t in the conversation.

J. Brown is overrated. 594 career goals. Riewoldt should have 200+ on that by the end of his career.

I will pay Buddy, Pav and N. Riewoldt. “A lot” is hyperbole/laughable.

FTR:

1. Franklin
2. N. Riewoldt
3. Pavlich
4. Riewoldt/Hawkins
5. Brown
6. Kennedy
7. Tredrea
Kennedy was far better than Jack and Hawkins.

Back