Jack or Nick Riewoldt??

Jack or Nick Riewoldt?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A better thread could be "Richo or Jack Riewoldt??"

I would be interested to see who votes for Jack.... as Richo was a true superstar.

Nick; which is no disrespect to Jack as he is a fantastic forward.

But Nick for me sets the benchmark for the sort of workhorse a centre half forward should be; he loses some points for kicking, but overall I still think he was/is a better footballer than Jack.

Nick is in the top ten footballers I've seen.

But a Nick doesn't win flags and a Jack has!

Gary Ablett Sr vs Ashley Hansen
Eddie Betts vs Steven Armstrong
Tony Lockett vs Tom Boyd
Robert Harvey vs Drew Banfield
Nathan Buckley vs Mitch Morton

Which are the superior players - the former, or the latter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary Ablett Sr vs Ashley Hansen
Eddie Betts vs Steven Armstrong
Tony Lockett vs Tom Boyd
Robert Harvey vs Drew Banfield
Nathan Buckley vs Mitch Morton

Which are the superior players - the former, or the latter?
Well Nick has 2 more All-Australians, 4 more club b&fs and 1 more MVP.Jack has 3 more Coleman Medals, 1 more premiership and 5 more club leading goalkicker awards.

Can't we compare them when they both retire? At the moment it's Nick but Jack may be better by the time he retires, so let's just wait and see.

SEMANTICS <_<
You're missing the point! Jack provides a better structure coz he kicks goals. Nick wasn't able to be that focal point for the Saints; 3 GF appearances = less than Jack for 1! I REST MY CASE!

Pretty sure Ablett Snr and Lockett kicked a few goals in their time. Unless youre mounting a case for Sumich over Ablett Snr and Longmire over Lockett id say your argument has been shot down

Pretty sure Ablett Snr and Lockett kicked a few goals in their time. Unless youre mounting a case for Sumich over Ablett Snr and Longmire over Lockett. In which case I eagerly await your response :thumbsu:
Umm ...what part of that comment that you replied to do you not understand?!?

Assuming you have Franklin as 1, are you really rating them above Fevola, Lloyd, Richardson, Tredders, and Pavlich to name a few?
Better than Fevola? Absolutely.
I'll admit I forgot Lloyd. I discounted Richo because he was a far better player pre 2000 than he was after 2000.

I think Jack Riewoldt is a more talented forward than Tredrea and Pavlich, but when you add their leadership skills and time as captains of their club then it might be a more even contest. (Though I understand this could be a controversial position.)

Buddy, J Brown & N Riewoldt.

Jacks a level below with Kennedy,
Fev & Hawkins.

Flags don’t always define an individual. No one deserved a flag more than Nick. Came close twice.

Back