Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

And alot can stay the same.

Believe the Doggies were into Petch last season too.

Geelong enquired too.

Sounds like several Vic clubs would be keen IF he were interested.

With Rioli and Venabkes out of the picture likely for most if not all of 2020 Petch will have plenty of opportunity to play senior footy. So unless he gets offers massive unders why would he move?

Im not going to get all 'Geelong / Kelly salty' if he goes but be more than happy if he stays.

Was the enquiry as part of the possible TK trade I wonder? Till I hear otherwise I tend to think most of these guys prefer to stay where they are happy. If WC satisfy him , he will stay at a club that's a very good chance to win a flag the next couple of years.

Fisher is well ahead of him at this stage. It might be because Fisher has had better opportunities further up the ground, but at the end of the day he has performed better over the last couple of years.
Fisher hits the scoreboard just as much and gets his hands on the ball twice as much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because he plays through the midfield?

Fisher currently has more strings to his bow. He can play half forward and through the middle and has performed.
Petruccelli has only played predominantly as a forward with average at best form.

I think most would agree that a promising mid/forward, holds more value than a promising small forward.

Fisher currently has more strings to his bow. He can play half forward and through the middle and has performed.
Petruccelli has only played predominantly as a forward with average at best form.

I think most would agree that a promising mid/forward, holds more value than a promising small forward.

Its a non comparison, Fisher is simply a much better footballer.

Spot on mate.

A pick in the early to mid 20's this year is compromised as we have all been told.

Straight swap for Fisher would be a fair deal IMO.

Both emerging kids with upside.

Reports last year were Petch wants to stay and loves it at the Eagles. More than happy to keep him on.
If he want to go to Carlton, Carlton will get him in PSD like Jack Martin.

If he want to go to Carlton, Carlton will get him in PSD like Jack Martin.

It's possible, albeit unlikely.

If he requests a trade to Carlton I'd expect the Eagles to handle negotiations a little more professionally than the Suns did re: Martin.

If he requests a trade to Carlton I'd expect the Eagles to handle negotiations a little more professionally than the Suns did re: Martin.
Nice try, eagles get Petruccelle through professional negitionations with GCS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles already have Petruccelle, why do they need to negotiate with the Suns to get him?
Petrucelle was part of that draft pick swap where Scott Clayton traded a bunch of picks from the Suns in a massively one sided deal. Then went and joined the Eagles..

I don’t think you can blame the Suns for taking a stand on Martin, with players continually walking out year after year.
They should have made it a line in the sand moment and made him go to the pre-season draft.

Why is Fisher being talked up like some champion prospect?

I don't have much of a clue about him, but I at least know about Petrucelle.

From a hawks POV, we really should be looking at trying to get a player like Petrucelle to the club. Speed/Acceleration has never been so important in AFL footy and this bloke has it.

Petrucelle was part of that draft pick swap where Scott Clayton traded a bunch of picks from the Suns in a massively one sided deal. Then went and joined the Eagles..

Well there you go. Thanks for clarifying, which the other poster couldn't do.

I don’t think you can blame the Suns for taking a stand on Martin, with players continually walking out year after year.
They should have made it a line in the sand moment and made him go to the pre-season draft.

I don't think there are many who would consider the Suns to have done the right thing, but there are other threads where that can be and has been discussed.

I'm not sure anyone in this thread has suggested Fisher is a champion prospect.

He's a very good young player though, and whilst I am biased I would suggest he's certainly a better footballer than Petruccelle.

I don't think there are many who would consider the Suns to have done the right thing, but there are other threads where that can be and has been discussed.

You’re the one that brought it up in this thread.

What were they going to do? Let another talented first round pick go for stuff all?

I’m sure if it was your club getting murdered year after year, you would be glad they took a stand.

I don't have much of a clue about him, but I at least know about Petrucelle.

From a hawks POV, we really should be looking at trying to get a player like Petrucelle to the club. Speed/Acceleration has never been so important in AFL footy and this bloke has it.

Maybe go watch Fisher a bit more. He has speed, acceleration, can get the ball and can kick goals.
I’m not saying he is a champion, but at this stage he has petruccelle covered in basically every aspect of the game.

You’re the one that brought it up in this thread.

What were they going to do? Let another talented first round pick go for stuff all?

I’m sure if it was your club getting murdered year after year, you would be glad they took a stand.

I'm all for GC taking a stand, but it was stupid to do so on an uncontracted player, who was one year from free agency and had nominated a club with a sharp PSD pick.

After letting so much talent walk out on them, they chose a really stupid time to take a stand. Right idea, shocking execution.

I'm all for GC taking a stand, but it was stupid to do so on an uncontracted player, who was one year from free agency and had nominated a club with a sharp PSD pick.

After letting so much talent walk out on them, they chose a really stupid time to take a stand. Right idea, shocking execution.

I think with the picks they got from the AFL, the GC saw it as an opportunity to take a stand. I don’t think GC missing out on a second round pick was really going to be detrimental to them with what they have been gifted. They received high picks for coming last and got more high picks from the Afl in 2019. It will most likely be a similar scenario this year by finishing low and more added picks from the AFL.
Personally apart from not making Martin go to the PSD, they got it right. They showed that players can’t just walk out, but didn’t lose much in the process.

I honestly wouldn't give up more than a mid 2nd round pick for him on current exposed form (ie a pick in the 30s)

Probably underselling his current market value, just speaking from a Carlton POV. Don't think he is someone we really need to pursue tbh.

I think he's someone that would fit in nicely for North Melbourne. Genuine line-breaking speed through the attacking half.

If you look at that game against Port last year when he kicked 5, he worked so hard up the ground and applied more pressure than you generally see from him. Think that package is what's missing from North, if he was to move back to Vic. Has a huge chance to prove his value to any club and improve consistency, including the Eagles, this season.

They kinda did the right thing...except they forgot to redraft him and allowed him to walk where he wanted to go all along.

That would have put an end to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back