Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Would love a combo of Brander & Petrucelle from the Eagles
If Daniher leaves, we should have some good picks to trade.

Stringer Brander Petrucelle
Fantasia McKernan Tippa
I am sure you would love to add those Brander and a Petruccelle. Your first pick is 29 which is not enough for Jack so thinking 29 plus whatever you get for Daniher would be required for both

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely worth a third rounder at best. Runs around like a headless chook doing nothing. Anyone could score a few goals in the eagles forwardline the setup they have is fantastic

V Port he kicked 5 on a wet day when our forward line was dysfunctional

A late convert from basket ball.

He wants to stay and a 3rd rounder would not even come close unless it is to make salary cap room.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Jack adds a dimension of pace to a forward line. West Coast identified this in 2016 and subsequently picked up Venables, Rioli, Petruccelle, Ryan and Cameron - banking at least one a year since 2015 and we now look damaging.

I can see both Doggies and Blues needing players like Jack.

There is a but if a shortage of these players and hence fair to say the market is short.

Any poaching of a contracted player in a position of need in a short market is going to require a premium to be paid.

I expect Vozzo knows and expect us to keep him but worst case we sell at a premium.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I am sure you would love to add those Brander and a Petruccelle. Your first pick is 29 which is not enough for Jack so thinking 29 plus whatever you get for Daniher would be required for both
1st rounder for Brander is worth it imo. Whilst he's yet to make a proper fist of it yet, he's young, had a great junior career and would be coming out of a great forwards system that has developed the likes of JJK, Darling, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan, Allen and Waterman.

Should Daniher not leave, i'd still offer our future 1st for Brander

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
1st rounder for Brander is worth it imo. Whilst he's yet to make a proper fist of it yet, he's young, had a great junior career and would be coming out of a great forwards system that has developed the likes of JJK, Darling, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan, Allen and Waterman.

Should Daniher not leave, i'd still offer our future 1st for Brander
Thanks for the Brander offer but there was a reason we picked him at 13 and from all that I have seen, he is worthwhile.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Has this guy shown many (any) other tricks beyond straight line speed and being in the right place, right time for a goal from inside 20m in a good side?

It really looks like he's had just one good game this year, and the rest of his appearances have been based on potential and the idea of what he could do (and the Eagles being able to afford to carry him), rather than actual output.

His best game (vs. Port Adelaide, Round 5, in a 7-goal loss at home) - 18 disposals, 7 marks, 3 inside 50s, 5 goals, 0 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 3 tackles, Champion Data Player Ranking Score of 100

Rest of season - 19 games, 9.74 disposals per game, 3.32 marks per game, 2.42 inside 50s per game, 0.84 goals per game, 0.63 goal assists per game, 3.63 score involvements per game, 1.89 tackles per game, Champion Data Player Ranking Score average of 48.42 (with scores ranging between 64 and 32, with just two scores of 60+)

I'll give it to him, he's consistent, but not consistently good, yet. I don't forsee some massive sudden uptick for him to superstar status worthy of a big targeted contract offer, just because he has good pace, either. If another club really wants him, and he really wants to go, the Eagles should cash in if they're getting equal or better value in return to what they originally spent (Pick #38 in the 2017 National Draft) on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Has this guy shown many (any) other tricks beyond straight line speed and being in the right place, right time for a goal from inside 20m in a good side?

It really looks like he's had just one good game this year, and the rest of his appearances have been based on potential and the idea of what he could do (and the Eagles being able to afford to carry him), rather than actual output.

His best game (vs. Port Adelaide, Round 5, in a 7-goal loss at home) - 18 disposals, 7 marks, 3 inside 50s, 5 goals, 0 goal assists, 8 score involvements, 3 tackles, Champion Data Player Ranking Score of 100

Rest of season - 19 games, 9.74 disposals per game, 3.32 marks per game, 2.42 inside 50s per game, 0.84 goals per game, 0.63 goal assists per game, 3.63 score involvements per game, 1.89 tackles per game, Champion Data Player Ranking Score average of 48.42 (with scores ranging between 64 and 32, with just two scores of 60+)

I'll give it to him, he's consistent, but not consistently good, yet. I don't forsee some massive sudden uptick for him to superstar status worthy of a big targeted contract offer, just because he has good pace, either. If another club really wants him, and he really wants to go, the Eagles should cash in if they're getting equal or better value in return to what they originally spent (Pick #38 in the 2017 National Draft) on him.
Great to hear from you and great that you do not rate him. Now GTFO and leave him to develop at West Coast

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
He's a smart footballer but his volume is consistently low. I'd be fuming if my club gave up a first rounder of any sorts regardless of later pick swaps.
He isn't worth a first rounder at the moment.

It does need to be remembered that he didn't start taking footy seriously until very late. His production levels and decision making reflect that at times. It is improving though. Needs to spend some time in the gym too so he can stick more tackles.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
West Coast need to keep him now, and wouldn't be on that much coin so fits TPP nicely
I believe the desire had always been to keep him. This is pure speculation that there is truth behind a potential Doggies or Blues substantial offer.

Unlike some clubs, Eagles have a track record of getting a trade done for players that want to move back home.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
I believe the desire had always been to keep him. This is pure speculation that there is truth behind a potential Doggies or Blues substantial offer.

Unlike some clubs, Eagles have a track record of getting a trade done for players that want to move back home.
We will see how good that record is under Kelly deal, didnt make it happen last year and make sense for eagles to keep him even with a big offer...

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
He isn't worth a first rounder at the moment.

It does need to be remembered that he didn't start taking footy seriously until very late. His production levels and decision making reflect that at times. It is improving though. Needs to spend some time in the gym too so he can stick more tackles.

On our board we have said from day one we wont see close to his best until his 3rd season, 2020.

With the Willie issue and he doesnt want to be traded he will 99% be an Eagle next year.......unless someone pays overs.

V Port he kicked 5 on a wet day when our forward line was dysfunctional

A late convert from basket ball.

He wants to stay and a 3rd rounder would not even come close unless it is to make salary cap room.
Not a knock on him but that was absolutely a game that suited him. The whole port 18 pressed right up and open grass ahead of him. It's a handy trick but you can't be basing any serious gameplan on keeping oppo defenders in your own forward half.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Not a knock on him but that was absolutely a game that suited him. The whole port 18 pressed right up and open grass ahead of him. It's a handy trick but you can't be basing any serious gameplan on keeping oppo defenders in your own forward half.

Ever heard of Pagans Paddock?

Sling shot goals on the fast break is a comon tactic udes by clubs with the right tools. Petro is that player.

Ever heard of Pagans Paddock?

Sling shot goals on the fast break is a comon tactic udes by clubs with the right tools. Petro is that player.
That worked are the time but that was a different era. The way good sides lock the ball in f50 nowadays I can't see coaches willingly conceding too many forward half entries. Could be wrong

MelbCat

All Australian
Sep 21, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looks like bevo is keen on him according to his front bar interview. Pick 12 for their 22 and petrucelle. Then 12 an 13 to Kelly. Will make Freo hard to deal.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Freo could offer 5 or 6 and next year's 1st
Or WCE 12 & 13 and our 16 could be ontraded with someone looking to split a low pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back