Recommitted Jack Petruccelle [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think with the picks they got from the AFL, the GC saw it as an opportunity to take a stand. I don’t think GC missing out on a second round pick was really going to be detrimental to them with what they have been gifted. They received high picks for coming last and got more high picks from the Afl in 2019. It will most likely be a similar scenario this year by finishing low and more added picks from the AFL.
Personally apart from not making Martin go to the PSD, they got it right. They showed that players can’t just walk out, but didn’t lose much in the process.
Almost - except he did just walk and got where he wanted.

I think he's someone that would fit in nicely for North Melbourne. Genuine line-breaking speed through the attacking half.

If you look at that game against Port last year when he kicked 5, he worked so hard up the ground and applied more pressure than you generally see from him. Think that package is what's missing from North, if he was to move back to Vic. Has a huge chance to prove his value to any club and improve consistency, including the Eagles, this season.
Good call on north’s needs
Would suit perfectly and add much needed pace

They kinda did the right thing...except they forgot to redraft him and allowed him to walk where he wanted to go all along.

That would have put an end to it

Almost - except he did just walk and got where he wanted.

Yep, as stated in my last paragraph they should have gone through with it and sent him to the PSD.
I think it still sent a message that the GC didn’t just give in to player demands over the trade period. Martin also had to sweat over it for longer, which wouldn’t have been enjoyable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm all for GC taking a stand, but it was stupid to do so on an uncontracted player, who was one year from free agency and had nominated a club with a sharp PSD pick.

After letting so much talent walk out on them, they chose a really stupid time to take a stand. Right idea, shocking execution.

People usually take a stand when something happens often to them.

So I am not sure how stupid it is to take a stand when talent keeps leaving. You don’t wait to take a stand against a bully when the bullying stops. You do it so that it stops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watch him come out and kick a bag and get some form.

The entire team is down ATM for some reason.

Perhaps the team is just not that good? :think:

Is he any good? Or just really fast.
Kicked 5 goals in an Eagles loss last season, and has some great highlights, but the other 95% of the time he's a very, very mediocre footballer. Lucky to get 7 or 8 touches and a couple of tackles a game, and doesn't do enough when he has it.

Would be lucky to get anything better than a minimum contract next year. Looked promising for a while but just doesn't look to have improved at all from what I've been seeing

Just fast.

Really really fast.

Kicked 5 goals in an Eagles loss last season, and has some great highlights, but the other 95% of the time he's a very, very mediocre footballer. Lucky to get 7 or 8 touches and a couple of tackles a game, and doesn't do enough when he has it.

Would be lucky to get anything better than a minimum contract next year. Looked promising for a while but just doesn't look to have improved at all from what I've been seeing

Did kick 5 in a game when he had Petch's paddock because the ball was at the other end 90% of the time. One of our worst games of the year and he kicked 5 out of 8 as we lost by 7 goals.

Bit of a nothing player at the moment. Doesn't tackle enough to be a forward pressure player and doesn't get up the ground enough to be a half forward. Arguably the quickest player in the league and has 12 bounces in 26 career games. I think he could find a role, he doesn't have one right now.

I feel for Jack because he has been sold a dream he can’t deliver on. He was drafted on the back of winning the fastest sprint at the draft combine and like many before him and there will be plenty more in the future a club has tried to make an athlete into a footballer.
Jack has very little natural footy ability, he is totally lost on a footy field for the most part. I am sure we will keep providing him opportunities but I am pretty certain the outcome won’t change much.

I feel for Jack because he has been sold a dream he can’t deliver on. He was drafted on the back of winning the fastest sprint at the draft combine and like many before him and there will be plenty more in the future a club has tried to make an athlete into a footballer.
Jack has very little natural footy ability, he is totally lost on a footy field for the most part. I am sure we will keep providing him opportunities but I am pretty certain the outcome won’t change much.
He doesn't put on any muscle, which might affect his speed I don't know but surely a bit of muscle could be put on. Also he needs to just tackle, tackle, tackle, but he's lazy af defensively

Needs to put on more size, he doesn't look much bigger than last year which is disappointing. This would help with sticking tackles and winning his own ball, he doesn't do much of either yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back